PDA

View Full Version : discount stores?

Draconis
03-11-2015, 18:31
I know TheWarStore sells 40k at a discounted price, but their selection of Eldar is pretty limited. Any other ideas besides ebay?

.Torch.
03-11-2015, 18:51
Darksphere?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Draconis
03-11-2015, 19:00
Lol thanks. I guess I forgot to mention, in the US :)

mightymconeshot
03-11-2015, 20:12
Frpgames has a phone number you have to call to order but never done it personally. I have ordered lots of other stuff from them and they always have been pretty fast on getting it out and correcting any mistakes that may have been made.

EBay always.

Chaos orc however I am not a fan of these guys. Sent me an incomplete model, did not respond to my communications about returning it or getting a refund. Eventually had to drag PayPal into it and they finally sent me return information. On several other orders they overcharged me on shipping despite their guaranteed price which was hidden through several links. Just felt like a sketchy seller and terrible customer service all around.

Nobleknight Games has stuff. They deal with OOP stuff mainly but do have a GW section to their website. Never ordered GW but plenty of other stuff which usually has some level of discount (10% or more) Customer service is fast and friendly and always got my orders shipped within a day.

duz_
03-11-2015, 22:56
Have you tried frontline gaming?

Larkyn
03-11-2015, 23:30
Chaos orc however I am not a fan of these guys. Sent me an incomplete model, did not respond to my communications about returning it or getting a refund. Eventually had to drag PayPal into it and they finally sent me return information. On several other orders they overcharged me on shipping despite their guaranteed price which was hidden through several links. Just felt like a sketchy seller and terrible customer service all around.

See, on the flipside, I've had nothing but good results with ChaosOrc. Fast and cheap shipping, good product range, and very communicative to my emails, except when he's on vacation.

Inquisitor Kallus
04-11-2015, 00:07
giftsforgeeks

good store with a solid reputation by all accounts. Ive had a few friends order from there and I plan to myself in the near-ish future

Voss
04-11-2015, 01:50
I know TheWarStore sells 40k at a discounted price, but their selection of Eldar is pretty limited. Any other ideas besides ebay?

Part of the problem there is so much of the eldar range is still finecast resin, and a lot of stores in the US either won't or can't (because of their trade terms with GW) keep quantities of those kits in stock.

williamsond
04-11-2015, 06:46
elementgames.co.uk (http://www.elementgames.co.uk) are pretty good, and ship world wide.

Draconis
04-11-2015, 10:45
Part of the problem there is so much of the eldar range is still finecast resin, and a lot of stores in the US either won't or can't (because of their trade terms with GW) keep quantities of those kits in stock.

Yeah, after looking at a lot of stores, they all seem to have the same inventory which convinced me it's all GW's doing. I do think the eldar need some new models bad lol.

Karhedron
04-11-2015, 13:35
The trouble is that plastic Aspect Warriors are hard to pull off because they sell in comparatively small quantities. The armour and details of the different aspects are very different which limits the potential to reuse parts. Some people have suggested dual kits with light armour for Banshees and Hawks, Heavy armour for Dragons and Reapers and spiny armour for Scorpions and Spiders.

The trouble is that it would still take a long time to recoup the tooling costs.

Draconis
04-11-2015, 14:00
Well, it's just speculation, but they could simply sell more models in a box? going from 5-6 to 10 but then they'd likely charge $80 for them since 6 scorpions is $40