PDA

View Full Version : The Last Time Your Deep Strike Went Off the Table

SuperHappyTime
05-11-2015, 02:18
Curious to know. In my limited play, I've never even see it happen.

insectum7
05-11-2015, 03:00
I've done it with a Drop Pod scattering 10" the wrong way, but it's been a while. Might have been half a year ago, playing every three out of four weeks or so. Been 15-20 games since.

Harwammer
05-11-2015, 05:14
Only when I am intentionally trying to delay some of my reserves, but even then it isn't guaranteed!

youngsamwise
05-11-2015, 05:18
I once had a game where I managed to mishap over 1000 pts in a single round. This was the days when daemons were still magical (not psychic) and had a unique deployment method that required one to deepstrike the entire army. I managed to mishap four units in a single turn which was spectacular even for me. In those days the mishap table was much less kind and I would say I mishapped a unit at least once every other game.

I mishapped a unit in my last game and they went into ongoing reserves. When I play a tzeentch army I usually summon quite a bit (tzeentch doesn't really do anything other than summon nowadays) and I probably mishap a unit every three or four games. I mishapped several units in a single game a few weeks ago.

Played a game a few months ago where an opponent had a 700 point unit of grey knight Paladins and characters that chose to deepstrike, mishapped, and proceeded to roll a one. I made him put the unit into ongoing reserves - fun was successfully had as a result [emoji2]

Casper Hawser
05-11-2015, 07:36
I Lost Dante, Sanguinary priest and Sanguinary Guard just after the current Blood Angels codex came out I had misjudged how far Dante was from an annihilation barge thought he was 6 inch away but he was only 5 and scattered 6 straight into it.
I forgot to say I rolled a 1 on the mishap table and said goodbye to a quarter of my army in one go. I've been more careful since with deep striking units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karhedron
05-11-2015, 08:29
Hasn't happened to me recently but my opponent recently scattered a unit of Deathwing off the table. The result was a "Misplaced" and those footslogging Termies found themselves a very long walk away from my deployment zone. ;)

Vector Strike
05-11-2015, 12:11
I don't even remember it anymore, as I've started to follow a rule: never deepstrike at less than 7" from anything or the board edges. Since then, my mishaps have been almost none, and I've never left the table as well. IT can happen, but the chances are so slim that I'm more comfortable with it.

Latro_
05-11-2015, 12:58
I'm so scared of it i always measure 12" from the edge, sometimes this makes them scatter over enemies! ugh

Charistoph
05-11-2015, 16:43
A Vanguard unit against Imperial Guard. Trying to get to his Russes. They managed to arrive... somewhere far away from the Russes and in good position for Vendetta strafing.

*knock on wood* I have never lost a unit to Deep Strike, but my opponent has been able to determine their placement twice, the first one was a Land Speeder trying to get behind some Ravenguard.

WarsmithGarathor94
05-11-2015, 16:47
I deep struck typhus in by himself at 1000 points he then went and landed on a enemy razorback and died. ....

Konovalev
06-11-2015, 16:50
It's never happened to me, but an opponent once had his Greater Unclean one go off. The mishap allowed me to place it on the opposite end of the board where it spent the rest of the game because it would never be able to get close enough to influence anything.

Lord Damocles
06-11-2015, 18:11
I don't Deep Strike as a rule.

I once had an opponent in a Combat Patrol game have a 13th Company Rune Priest use The Gate to teleport a squad of Grey Slayers across the board in his first movement phase - straight off the board. I won without even touching a model.

Perth
06-11-2015, 20:47
I actually managed to mishap a Drop Pod with some Tacs in a 500 point game against Eldar. My opponent then placed them on the far corner.

This event enraged my no-name Librarian, who then rolled a 17 on his Psychic Shriek and one shot a terrified Avatar with his brain.

SuperHappyTime
06-11-2015, 21:14
This event enraged my no-name Librarian, who then rolled a 17 on his Psychic Shriek and one shot a terrified Avatar with his brain.

Give him a background as an (American) Indian and name him "Shrieks at Avatars"

deathrain-commander
06-11-2015, 22:18
I almost never Deep Strike anything unless I have some sort of assurance that it'll land more or less on target or has some sort of insurance (Swooping Hawks, Webway Portals, Drop Pods, Ravenwing Teleport Homers) so all the way off the board has never happened to me. I've seen too many players lose too much to Deep Strike Mishaps to feel safe about it (and I once lost unit of Trueborn in a Raider to a bad mishap roll).

That said, I did once see someone dropping Bjorn in a Drop Pod, watch it scatter off the table, and then have her roll a 1 for the mishap. I felt truly bad for her.

Kieras
06-11-2015, 22:47
Lost 2 units of 10 death company, Astorath and Lemmy two games ago hah. This was very sore that was third of my army unfortunately.