PDA

View Full Version : White Scars Organisation/Iconography

Dismembered
08-11-2015, 00:34
Right I'm about to embark upon a White Scars force and need some organisational/iconography questions answered.

What do their bikers have on their right shoulder pad? Assault squad markings? Tactical? Something else?

The Chogorian tribal markings on the helmets, does everyone in the squad have the same markings? I believe it is only bikers that have these markings correct?

I ask as I'm going to have 3 squads of bikes, 3 tactical squads and 1 devastator squad. I'm big on fluff and would like to get this right.

Cheers.

Lord Damocles
08-11-2015, 10:04
What do their bikers have on their right shoulder pad? Assault squad markings? Tactical? Something else?
The studio models have assault squad markings, based on the pictures in the 5th and 6th ed. Codex: Space Marines. The biker pictured in Index Astartes: Lightning Attack in White Dwarf 257 (UK) (pg.45) also has assault markings (as do Paul Sawyer's Scars bikes).

The Chogorian tribal markings on the helmets, does everyone in the squad have the same markings?
According to their Index Astartes, 'Warriors from different tribes are therefore mixed with one another in squads to break up individual tribal loyalties' (pg.48), so presumably not.

I believe it is only bikers that have these markings correct?
The 7th ed. Codex: Space Marines shows an Assault Marine with tribal markings on his helmet. The 6th ed. shows a Tactical Marine with them.

MajorWesJanson
08-11-2015, 17:15
Kauyon has a full chapter breakdown for the scars for a more macro level of organization. With titles and names for all of the.captains.

Dismembered
08-11-2015, 22:13
Thanks gents.

@Lord Damocles - I checked Index Astartes but clearly skimmed over that information.

@MWJ - That sounds like the exact info I'm looking for. I want to check out that book, may have to grab it after all.

MajorWesJanson
09-11-2015, 04:46
I have it if you have questions.
Jubal Khan "Great Khan"
"Voice of the Storm" head chaplain
"Chief Stormseer" head Librarian
1st Spearpoint Brotherhood. Jurga Khan Master of the War Council
2nd Firefist Brotherhood. Khajog Khan Master of Lore
3rd Eagle Brotherhood. Kosarro Khan Master of the Hunt
4th Tulwar Brotherhood. Johaten Khan Master of Blades
5th Stormwrath Brotherhood. Suboden Khan Master of Spirirts
6th Hawkeye Brotherhood. Seglei Khan Master of Shields