PDA

View Full Version : Black Library selling Warhammer Fantasy Rulebook ebook

stroller
08-11-2015, 23:40
Apologies if this has already been posted, and I've missed it.

Seems you CAN have your cake and eat it (in a good way).

Black Library have the ebook edition of Fantasy rules on sale for 19.99. There's a clear message that AoS is preferred, but the back door seems to be open too.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhammer/whfb-rule-sup/Warhammer-Rulebook.html

Please let me know if this has been elsewhere & I've simply missed it.

Malagor
09-11-2015, 00:20
I think it has been pointed out before.
Of course the army books are gone so it's impossible for a new player to start an army(legally atleast).

Buddy Bear
09-11-2015, 00:47
Has that been up the whole time, or was that added later on? That's what I'd like to know. Because if Black Library's had it for sale since the day Age of Sigmar appeared then it doesn't mean a thing.

Pojko
09-11-2015, 00:52
Well it's really no risk all reward for them. No production cost, but they can still get some money. The only possible downside is that some people might buy it instead of AoS. But at this point most people who would be playing WHFB already own a book in one form or another.

While we're on that page, I notice that those AoS battle scrolls are $3.99 if I want to use Be'lakor, Chaos monsters or other vague things. So much for the free rules.

Shifte
09-11-2015, 00:54
It was added last week. Either read that on BOLS or another thread here. There's a disclaimer at the bottom saying WFB is undisclosed and asking you to play AOS instead, haha.

Galadrin
09-11-2015, 03:23
Wow, kind of a breath of fresh air to see a "to Wound" table again. Anyone else get that momentary feeling?

Choombatta
09-11-2015, 03:41
While we're on that page, I notice that those AoS battle scrolls are $3.99 if I want to use Be'lakor, Chaos monsters or other vague things. So much for the free rules.

Those are not AoS Battlescrolls.
Those are the 8th Edition Battlescrolls released last Christmas(2014).

GrandmasterWang
09-11-2015, 04:05
All the army books and 8th books have been available on ibooks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Shifte
09-11-2015, 13:24
All the army books and 8th books have been available on ibooks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yes but not on Black Library. They added an 8th edition section recently.

stroller
09-11-2015, 20:59
So - new-ish? sort of?

Maybe the old dog aint quite dead yet then.

morvaeldd
18-11-2015, 07:42
It was available already in July though a bit hidden (best way to find it was via "related books" section starting from End of Times books).

See what BL said to me about that book in other thread about the same subject (here on Warseer):
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414631
WFB books on new BL site