PDA

View Full Version : Kauyon - Rules for White Scars or Raven Guard

Gingerwerewolf
10-11-2015, 13:36
Hi all

Im struggling to find out - are there rules for White Scar or Raven Guard armies in the Kauyon book(s)? Im not a Tau player but intend to up the amount of my Raven Guard and wondered if the books was worth it?

IE is it up to scratch with say how many dataslates / formations / special rules, unique Army Traits there are in the Shield of Baal for Blood Angels?

Feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

nagash66
10-11-2015, 13:55
They both have, chapter specific warlord tables, relic tables, 5-6 formations.

These all vary quality, but some in my view at least are list changing, the WC escepecially have a nifty little relic which grans a character and any unit he joins the ingore cover rule, and i cant wait to see a 9 man sternguard plus librarian in a drop pod put it to good use.

I would say, if you are a player of both/either chapters, it is worth the buy, as it has some nice artwork, backround and rules. But nothing exceptional either.

Gingerwerewolf
11-11-2015, 09:55
Thanks for the feedback!

They both have, chapter specific warlord tables, relic tables, 5-6 formations.

These all vary quality, but some in my view at least are list changing, the WC escepecially have a nifty little relic which grans a character and any unit he joins the ingore cover rule, and i cant wait to see a 9 man sternguard plus librarian in a drop pod put it to good use.

I would say, if you are a player of both/either chapters, it is worth the buy, as it has some nice artwork, backround and rules. But nothing exceptional either.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
12-11-2015, 01:17
Raven Guard got some okay warlord traits and relics, and a pretty solid formation-detachment which fits them rather well. Definitely worthwhile for RG players.

Fen
12-11-2015, 03:55
From all i've seen,you could consider Kauyon as a RG/WS version of Sentinel of Terra/Clan Raukaan,just with less chapter specific fluff and better (and up to date with the current ruleset) rules