PDA

View Full Version : Rule Clarification - AOS - Summoning

Cyell
11-11-2015, 19:50
Hi everyone,

I am reading over the DoC and Lizardmen scrolls and I wanted to get a second opinion on summoning. From what I can see, there are a bunch of units that can summon but only a handful of them are actual casters. Would I be correct to assume that only those that can cast spells can summon? The rest are just there for... reasons? For example, an Oldblood or Bloodletter knows the spells to summon, but since they're not casters, they can't actually do any summoning; where as a Lord of Change has both the spell to summon, and is able to cast 2 spell per turn.

mikesmight123
11-11-2015, 19:59
Hi everyone,

I am reading over the DoC and Lizardmen scrolls and I wanted to get a second opinion on summoning. From what I can see, there are a bunch of units that can summon but only a handful of them are actual casters. Would I be correct to assume that only those that can cast spells can summon? The rest are just there for... reasons? For example, an Oldblood or Bloodletter knows the spells to summon, but since they're not casters, they can't actually do any summoning; where as a Lord of Change has both the spell to summon, and is able to cast 2 spell per turn.

Its accepted that u have to have the wizard keyword to summon.

Spiney Norman
11-11-2015, 20:07
Hi everyone,

You might want to re-read the Warscrolls in more detail, the summoning spell on the old bloods war scroll does not give him the ability to summon anything, it explicitly gives Slann Wizards the ability to cast the spell which summons him, this means a model that has both the Slann and Wizard keywords.

Likewise daemon Warscrolls give Chaos Wizards (i.e. a model with both the chaos and wizard key words) the ability to summon them.