Gyrocopter
vanguard

Gyrocopter

Rare
Organ Gun
rune of burning

Organ Gun

= 2499

Fairly standard fair for Dwarfs I guess, bunker down and harass with Gyros until they meet my three combat blocks. Lots of lists seem to be running two Runesmiths atm, is this much anti-magic necessary? If I could I'd quite like to get a Lord in, although I don't know where I'd put him. Also what are peoples tips for Miners? I have a real soft spot for them and I'll be picking some up even if I don't run them.

Cheers guys.

Ayin
14-11-2015, 07:37
I assume your Runesmiths would be split between the two blocks of Warriors? I feel like you could drop one unit of Warriors if you wanted to add some numbers to the other unit and the Hammerers and put the second Runesmith with them instead if you're okay with two large combat blocks and supporting units instead of three.

If you wanted to have Miners, dropping the one Warrior unit to get a unit of them (and maybe dropping the GW's off of the Quarrelers) and dropping one Organ Gun would likely give you enough points to bulk up your other Warrior unit and get the unit of Miners, and end up with an army that's very possibly going to be more fun for you to play and to be played against.

My advice is going to be pretty vague on this one. I never really got to get used to the new Dwarfs, most of the guys I know who played jumped ship at End Times and the ones who stuck around during (and after) were NOT Dwarf players.

Smooth Boy
14-11-2015, 20:43
How large would you recommend I make my warrior blocks?

Ayin
15-11-2015, 05:21
Honestly I'm not sure. It would depend who you're playing against and what you want to do with them. 30 is a great number for a strong infantry unit like Dwarves. If you go for ranks it gives you a good number and if you horde up you are using every single attack.

If you are going for killing power and will likely run them horde, then every model you lose is an attack back you're not going to get back.

If I'm remembering correctly, Dwarves get +1S and +1 to their Parry on the first turn? If that is the case, then even with the HW&S Warriors I'd often consider running them in a Horde against charging enemies to get the absolute maximum number of attacks back (21 against a 5 wide normal Infantry unit, as opposed to 10) and rely on the improved ward save to minimize damage , then re-form (assuming the enemy is not also a horde) for ranks after that round (to 7 wide, as the models on the edges will not be able to leave base contact).