PDA

View Full Version : Assassination time come on. Come on Assassination???

Getifa Ubazza
15-11-2015, 18:54
I know Execution force wasn't to everyone's taste and kinda fell flat, but it did have a bit of an interesting scenario and I would like to recreate that in a game of 40k. Maybe set in a city or some other densely covered area.

My idea is to take the 4 Assassins and put them against 4 Chaos Champions. Each champion representing one of the Chaos Gods.

The 4 Assassins come to 570pts, so would like the 4 Chaos Champions to be around the same. Certainly not anymore than 600pts. I see the game being on a 4' by 4' table with a ton of terrain and a few different levels. I know this will play more like a gang fight, than a big battle game, but I think it would be great fun.

So why am I posting this? It's because I'm hoping someone can help with the following.

For the 4 Chaos Champions, I want to use the Chosen models that come in the Dark Vengeance starter. Out of these I want to make 3 Chaos Lords to represent Khorne, Nurgle and Slaanesh and 1 Chaos Sorcerer or Lord to represent Tzeentch.

So you have upto 600pts total to make these 4 Champions of Chaos. What weapons and wargear do you give them?

As a secondary question. Choosing only non special characters from any single codex you want and spending no more than 600pts, make a team to fight in this game. Each champion has to be an independent character and no 2 characters can be given identical wargear loadouts, but of course can all have similar common weapons. As an example, they might all have a power weapon of some description or might all have a Bolt pistol or whatever your chosen codex equivalent is. This game may have more than 2 players, so there is no point in tailoring your team to just fighting the Assassins.

The winning player is the last man standing.

So, whatcha think of the game idea? Would you play it? And do you think it would be fun?

Thanks

Arthanor
15-11-2015, 19:25
Sounds cool, but why did you pick 4 chaos lords instead of 1 chaos lord/sorcerer + some goons? unlike assassins, chaos lords don't tend to wander around by themselves, and even less with other chaos lords of different allegiance.

Casper Hawser
15-11-2015, 19:33
I agree with Arthanor although that would be execution force using 40k rules instead.
Maybe trying the same against different armies e.g Ork war boss and goons vs assassins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scammel
15-11-2015, 20:19
One could even dig out the old Kill Team rules, but with a single Assassin as the entire team.

Sotek
15-11-2015, 20:50
Play infinity - it's what you're describing.

Casper Hawser
15-11-2015, 21:06
I'm sure Infinity is a good game but I've always loved the 40k setting so Infinity is not for me.

sunborn
15-11-2015, 21:29
The primary reason I would have a problem with this is that the CSM 'dex is the most out of date.

The idea is good, but maybe use 4 different space marines.

If you need fluff to get by, try using a mix of 4 eldar (Harlequin Solitaire, some powerful psyker, a dark eldar, and something else) :

Getifa Ubazza
15-11-2015, 23:08
For the Chaos, my mind was thinking about Abaddon the despoilers bodyguard or 4 Chaos Lords going to get a very secret and valuable artifact and not trusting any of the others to go get it on their own, so they go together.

The reason for 4 "Heroes" is obviously because there are 4 Chaos Gods and I wanted to represent all 4 of them.

I was looking at it as two or more groups of Heroes going up against each other in an almost Gladiatorial fashion. You could even say they were all captured by the Dark Eldar and thrown into the arena together. Obviously members of a single faction would pull together, even if they normally would be rivals. They might even try to strike deals with other teams to take down more powerful teams, before turning on each other once the stronger foes are vanquished.

My second question was exactly that. I was asking for other teams from other factions like Orks, Eldar and the like. A sort of King of the mountain kinda game that a big group of friends could spend the day playing. Having a laugh, while building the cheesiest team they can to take the mountain or win their freedom or get the prize or just bragging rights.

You could do this with a ton of games. Infinity, KoW, AoS or any game with hero type models. I was just looking at my Assassins and my Chosen models that I have no real use for and wondered what I could do with them and this idea just came to me and it sounded like it would be fun. I thought I would ask you guys, as I figured if I had thought of this, surely someone else already did it and probably better. I know there is something like this from Avatars of War and the beginnings of one from pureevilminiatures, but wanted to do something like that with 40k.

I have been playing alot of X-Wing lately and I think that might have influenced this idea, as most Squadrons in that are around 4 models on each side. There's no fodder in that game for big nasty robots or guns to evaporate in a single turn. In X-Wing, every model counts and can win you the game. I guess I was trying to bring that into the 40k setting. A setting I love almost as much as Star Wars.

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys.

Latro_
16-11-2015, 13:47
Khorne, gotta use Kharn... but if no specs:

Chaos Lord 170
Bolt Pistol, Frag, Krak, MoK, Juggernaught
Sigil, Axe of Blind Fury

Chaos Lord 165
Mark of Nurgle, Sigil, Power Fist, Lightning Claw
Frag, Krak, Bike

Sorcerer - 150
Level 3 (daemonology maybe :D), Sigil, MoT, Force Staff

Chaos Lord - 135
Mark of Slannesh, Power mace, Sigil, Jump pack

Casper Hawser
16-11-2015, 14:08
I did something like that with my nephew just before 7th came out I used my Blood Angels characters he used his Necron characters and a couple of overlords he won. Curse those mind shackle scarabs.

Getifa Ubazza
17-11-2015, 00:18
Khorne, gotta use Kharn... but if no specs:

Chaos Lord 170
Bolt Pistol, Frag, Krak, MoK, Juggernaught
Sigil, Axe of Blind Fury

Chaos Lord 165
Mark of Nurgle, Sigil, Power Fist, Lightning Claw
Frag, Krak, Bike

Sorcerer - 150
Level 3 (daemonology maybe :D), Sigil, MoT, Force Staff

Chaos Lord - 135
Mark of Slannesh, Power mace, Sigil, Jump pack

Lol, Yeah! This would be right up Kharn's ally. I did think of that, using Kharn, Typhus, Ahriman and Lucius, but it was way over the point cost and didn't feel it would be that fair to have such a big gap in point cost. I really do like that list though. How convenient that I just so happen to have a spare Juggernaut sitting in a box, looking for a home. I shall call him Fetch, as in, "See that skull over there? Yes the one attached to that guys shoulders. Fetch!" :D

I did something like that with my nephew just before 7th came out I used my Blood Angels characters he used his Necron characters and a couple of overlords he won. Curse those mind shackle scarabs.

Hope you both had fun. It sounds to me like it would have been. I'm essentially trying to do something like that, but with just a little structure, to keep things fair and allow for multiple people to play, but not so much structure, that it losses that KISS feel.

jimmyzimms
17-11-2015, 01:38
I'm sure Infinity is a good game but I've always loved the 40k setting so Infinity is not for me.
So? Use your 40k minis and setting then. I cannot fathom how people have gotten so caught up in equating minis and mechanics. It's not like the wargaming police are going to show up and arrest you :D

Casper Hawser
17-11-2015, 06:56
So? Use your 40k minis and setting then. I cannot fathom how people have gotten so caught up in equating minis and mechanics. It's not like the wargaming police are going to show up and arrest you :D

Well I was trying to be polite it really gets on my nerves when people show up and tell you to play another ********** game. I enjoy the Judge Dredd game but don't say play this instead.

Casper Hawser
17-11-2015, 06:59
Lol, Yeah! This would be right up Kharn's ally. I did think of that, using Kharn, Typhus, Ahriman and Lucius, but it was way over the point cost and didn't feel it would be that fair to have such a big gap in point cost. I really do like that list though. How convenient that I just so happen to have a spare Juggernaut sitting in a box, looking for a home. I shall call him Fetch, as in, "See that skull over there? Yes the one attached to that guys shoulders. Fetch!" :D

Hope you both had fun. It sounds to me like it would have been. I'm essentially trying to do something like that, but with just a little structure, to keep things fair and allow for multiple people to play, but not so much structure, that it losses that KISS feel.

Yeah it was fun but definitely could have done with a bit of structure it was a bit more like mini war gamings who would win it could have done with a lot more scenery.

Getifa Ubazza
17-11-2015, 09:44
The "Who would win" videos from miniwargaming was another inspiration for this scenario. Another version of this idea was to take a single squad, but count each member of the squad as an individual, so Kill Team effectively.

jimmyzimms
17-11-2015, 13:45
Well I was trying to be polite it really gets on my nerves when people show up and tell you to play another ********** game. I enjoy the Judge Dredd game but don't say play this instead.

Ahh sorry about that, chap. I originally misread that as you liking the rules but because they weren't 40k you're not playing it. I'll chock that one up to, "I have multiple small children who act like insane monkeys on acid" level of tired. :)

Casper Hawser
17-11-2015, 17:05
Ahh sorry about that, chap. I originally misread that as you liking the rules but because they weren't 40k you're not playing it. I'll chock that one up to, "I have multiple small children who act like insane monkeys on acid" level of tired. :)

No worries bud I've got a 20 month old I can imagine what it's like to have more than one. Twice as tired and twice as many bruises.

Hakkapelli
21-11-2015, 17:40
This gave me an idea for a similar game with Orks.

Kill the Warboss
A force of Imperial assassins are sent to kill the warboss of a large Ork Waagh. The warboss is surrounded by his loyal nob bodyguard, but we all know how promotion works among orks.
One player plays the Assassins, One plays the Ork Warboss, The remaining players plays the Ork Nobs

Imperial forces: The four assassins
Ork Warboss forces: One warboss, a number* of bands of orks
Nob forces: One ork nob, a number* of bands of orks

*Add to taste :)

Bands of orks: Since there is no enemies around at the moment the orks have spread out in small bands to look for some other source of fun.
A band of orks is made up of about a handfull of ork boys. Unless they have an enemy model in clear line of sight no more then 12" away the band must roll a d6 at the start of their turn. On a 1 they are moved d6" by the imperial player, on a 2-3 they move d6" in a random direction, on a 4-5 their player move them up to d6", on a 6 their player moves them as normal.

I am da boss now: If a Nob kills the Warboss then that Nob becomes the new Warboss. Of course another nob may then kill him and gain the title.

Victory conditions:
The Imperial player wins if an Assassin kills the current Warboss.
The Warboss player wins if the Assassins are all killed and the original Warboss is still alive.
A Nob player wins if the Assassins are all killed and either the original Warboss is still alive OR he is the current Warboss

The Warboss and the Nobs deploys in the center of the table, the bands of Orks are deployed anywhere on the table. The Assassins moves onto the table from any edge in their first movement phase.