PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Similar Titan's?

Tooooon
08-07-2006, 21:21
Hey there,

Righto! Just got curious, but does anybody know of any sites which sell's any type of model which resembles a 40k titan?

Since I really at this moment in time dont wish, or can afford one from good ole FW, but would love to make a Adeptus Mechanicus with a titan

Or do you know of any sites which shows you how to scratch build your own perhaps?

~Dave

Wraithbored
08-07-2006, 22:53
Hey there,

Righto! Just got curious, but does anybody know of any sites which sell's any type of model which resembles a 40k titan?

Since I really at this moment in time dont wish, or can afford one from good ole FW, but would love to make a Adeptus Mechanicus with a titan

Or do you know of any sites which shows you how to scratch build your own perhaps?

~Dave
Look in P&T there is a thread where somebody built a Knight Titan out of a defiler and plasticard and looked bloody amazing!

Phunting
09-07-2006, 01:15
I've seen this WIP a few times, pretty cool. Not seen the finished model though:

http://members.cox.net/mbiasi/ArtWork/imperator.JPG

Yarick Zan
09-07-2006, 01:17
you could also scratch build a warhound. PM me if your interisted in that.

Edit: is that a turkey baster and a plunger on that warlord titan? bloody brilliant.

Flame Boy
09-07-2006, 12:03
I think there was a website that appeared here or on Portent that showed an interesting 3rd party that made large bipedal robots that looked like a hybrid of the warlord/imperator titans, but I think GW's legal ninjas saw an end to that. Shame, because apart from the slightly dubious IP oversights, they were nice models in their own right.

ffclubhero
11-07-2006, 11:03
Armor Bimbo has a paper Titan. Looks pretty sweet.

Dodgy Ed
11-07-2006, 11:52
Yeah pretty sweet but an absolute bitch to make. They're based on the tragically short lived 'block head' mechs that ran afoul of GW legal. Basically they look like 24'' Imperators although it doesn't take to much work to turn them into Mars pattern warlords. (well at least until you get to the scratch built carapace)

<Edit> Oh yeah you could also try Ebay for some of the old armorcast/epicast stuff

LarryS
11-07-2006, 13:09
I have one each of the old Armorcast warhound and reaver titans. They were fun when we used them during 2nd ed (played on a BIG table...nothing like announcing that you are shooting at 120" range :D). Haven't found a good set of rules for 4th ed, so I'll probably stick them on ebay one of these days.:cries:

Spacker
24-08-2007, 20:54
Warhound rules are in the Imperial Armour Update 2006 book, and Imperial Armour Volume 3. They should also be in the upcoming Apocalypse rules as a datasheet.

Reaver rules will apparently be in Imperial Armour Volume 6, the FW model should be on display at GD UK in 4 weeks. Looks like Apocalypse won't have the rules for them due the IA book coming out afterwards, possibly at the end of the year.

Hlokk
24-08-2007, 21:10
The only thing I can think of remotely in the vein of what your after is this:

http://armorcast.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=341

Retails for $57 (ex Shipping). Admittedly it doesnt look great, but its got the size. Obviously its designed to look low tech, so perhaps its a titan built with an STC system out of locally available materials.

If anyone can find me a 40k scale evangellion, theres a cookie in it for them :p