PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Doomsday Device

RedDangus
19-11-2015, 00:24
Does anyone have a copy of the rules for the Chaos Doomsday Device for Apocolypse? Games workshop used to have a link for it but I'm sure they've taken it down long ago. I'm running a special scenario this weekend and I wanted to use something similar to the doomsday device, I wanted to use the rules as reference. Thanks

A.T.
19-11-2015, 09:49
Under 7e rules it would be an immobile superheavy, BS4, AV14 vehicle with 3 hull points - though is immune to glancing hits just loses a single hull point for each penetrating hit without any other rolls. If it runs out of hull points then roll once on the Chart of Devastation(below) and replace it with a crater.

At the start of any shooting the Chaos player can try to activate it as follows :
1) Announce activation
2) Make demands
3) Disregard opponents reply to demands
4) Roll a D6 and add the game turn. If the total is 7+ the device activates, otherwise you have to keep trying every round thereafter.

Once activated then at the start of every Chaos Shooting phase (including the one in which it was triggered) roll 2D6 on the Chart of Devastation. You can't turn it off.

Chart of Devastation:
2) Meltdown - The device explodes inflicting a S10 AP3 hit on everything within 6D6". Vehicles are hit on the side.
3) It's a Dud - No more rolls on the chart of devastation, the device is inert for the rest of the game.
4-5) Nothing yet - Building power, add +1 to the roll on the chart next turn.
6-8) Burting with Power - Chaos player gets an unlimited range Strength 8 AP3 Apocalyptic Barrage(4) Pinning shot from the device.
9-10) Beams of Destruction - Chaos player gets a 72", Strength D, AP2, Heavy D6 shot from the device.
11) Massive Destruction - Chaos player gets D3+2 unlimited range Strength 10 AP1 Apocalyptic (10") blasts with pinning that hit vehicles on side armour.
12) Critical Mass - You have one turn to run away - on the following Chaos Shooting phase every model (including scenery and the device itself) within 6D6" is destroyed. Invulnerable saves may be taken.

RedDangus
19-11-2015, 13:57
Under 7e rules it would be an immobile superheavy, BS4, AV14 vehicle with 3 hull points - though is immune to glancing hits just loses a single hull point for each penetrating hit without any other rolls. If it runs out of hull points then roll once on the Chart of Devastation(below) and replace it with a crater.

At the start of any shooting the Chaos player can try to activate it as follows :
1) Announce activation
2) Make demands
3) Disregard opponents reply to demands
4) Roll a D6 and add the game turn. If the total is 7+ the device activates, otherwise you have to keep trying every round thereafter.

Once activated then at the start of every Chaos Shooting phase (including the one in which it was triggered) roll 2D6 on the Chart of Devastation. You can't turn it off.

Chart of Devastation:
2) Meltdown - The device explodes inflicting a S10 AP3 hit on everything within 6D6". Vehicles are hit on the side.
3) It's a Dud - No more rolls on the chart of devastation, the device is inert for the rest of the game.
4-5) Nothing yet - Building power, add +1 to the roll on the chart next turn.
6-8) Burting with Power - Chaos player gets an unlimited range Strength 8 AP3 Apocalyptic Barrage(4) Pinning shot from the device.
9-10) Beams of Destruction - Chaos player gets a 72", Strength D, AP2, Heavy D6 shot from the device.
11) Massive Destruction - Chaos player gets D3+2 unlimited range Strength 10 AP1 Apocalyptic (10") blasts with pinning that hit vehicles on side armour.
12) Critical Mass - You have one turn to run away - on the following Chaos Shooting phase every model (including scenery and the device itself) within 6D6" is destroyed. Invulnerable saves may be taken.

Thanks! I appreciate it