PDA

View Full Version : Freeblade iOS game tie in

jet_palero
21-11-2015, 16:45
So, GW has finally acknowledged a side product with a tie in.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Knight-Warden-and-Freeblade-Transfer-Sheet

I'm impressed! This is a good business decision! (Let's not talk about the $177 price tag). This is the sort of thing they should have been doing with the Relic games. But at last they're finally starting to think about basic marketing. They must have accidentally hired someone with actual business experience.

Samsonov
21-11-2015, 17:46
Looks like a good move. I'm unfamilar with the game in question but generally this type of things would encourage me to spend that bit extra.

Captain Marius
21-11-2015, 18:33
The game is great fun, just a shame its freemium so its getting deleted the moment i feel i HAVE to buy something with real money! Worth having a look at just for the intro where you get to slice apart a Brass Scorpion in close combat!

Mr_Rose
22-11-2015, 03:19
So, GW has finally acknowledged a side product with a tie in.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Knight-Warden-and-Freeblade-Transfer-Sheet

I'm impressed! This is a good business decision! (Let's not talk about the $177 price tag). This is the sort of thing they should have been doing with the Relic games. But at last they're finally starting to think about basic marketing. They must have accidentally hired someone with actual business experience.

Isn't the price just the cost of a knight plus the cost of the transfer sheet as sold separately? Ok so not a discount but what were we really expecting here?

Inquisitor Engel
23-11-2015, 18:17
The game is great fun, just a shame its freemium so its getting deleted the moment i feel i HAVE to buy something with real money! Worth having a look at just for the intro where you get to slice apart a Brass Scorpion in close combat!

If you feel you HAVE to spend money, they've done their job. You may have some self control, most others do not.