PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have Doom of Mymeara- Is there any formations for Bran Redmaw?

sturguard
21-11-2015, 21:42
Hey folks,
I know several people have confirmed that Bran Redmaw is indeed in the new Doom of Mymeara, however I would like to know if there are any new SW formation in the book? As a SW player it is hard to justify the substantial cost for one special character.

Thanks-

Marshal
23-11-2015, 01:53
Seeing as how it just went up for preorder, I doubt that anyone will have it for a little while...

sturguard
24-11-2015, 20:29
Some folks have posted information on the Corsair aspect of the book, so maybe they glanced at the whole book and had a look at the SW section?

Novacane
24-11-2015, 21:27
Some folks have posted information on the Corsair aspect of the book, so maybe they glanced at the whole book and had a look at the SW section?

or perhaps you can wait, like the man said.

sturguard
24-11-2015, 21:54
or perhaps you can wait, like the man said.

I'm not exactly sure how your post contributes to a thread on space wolf information in the Doom of Mymeara. To me it's just a rude remark, considering you really have no control over what I can or can't do- but again, that isn't the topic of this thread. I'm sure there's a bridge somewhere that has vacancy.

Vipoid
24-11-2015, 22:16
Aside from Corsairs, what else is in the book (in terms of rules)?

Novacane
24-11-2015, 23:29
I'm not exactly sure how your post contributes to a thread on space wolf information in the Doom of Mymeara. To me it's just a rude remark, considering you really have no control over what I can or can't do- but again, that isn't the topic of this thread. I'm sure there's a bridge somewhere that has vacancy.

How does it contribute?

I may have been rude, but yours superseded mine.

You asked a question, he answered it and you ignored it and continued to ask the same question, worded differently. I see you accept rudeness when it comes from your own finger tips but not others.

I suggest, in the future, that when you get the answer, you do not shoot the messenger.

red_drake
25-11-2015, 17:12
Someone got to look at the book but doesn't own it, was an eldar player, and checked the corsair stuff mostly (only?)
The discussion on this is in this thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?413737-Possible-update-to-Eldar-Corsairs-coming-soon), if your interested. Not sure off the top of my head if the space wolves come up in that discussion

Lone Monkey
07-12-2015, 14:38
I got my copy this past Friday night, and there are no formations in the book for the Space Wolves, just rules/profile for Bran Redmaw. Sorry sir.

Lord Damocles
07-12-2015, 15:48
I got my copy this past Friday night, and there are no formations in the book for the Space Wolves, just rules/profile for Bran Redmaw. Sorry sir.
Probably for the best if Codex: Space Wolves is just around the metaphorical corner.

Many of the Marine rules from Volume II 2nd edition (this numbering system really sucks) were outdated almost immediately, and the Maynarkh list is still outdated.

Saunders
07-12-2015, 15:58
Ah yes, the death sentence of getting a Forgeworld release on the eve of an edition or codex release.

I don't recall if Bran Redmaw's rules changed at all, but he is indeed the only Space Wolves entry in the book. To be fair though, the only formations that are in the book are purely for the purposes of integrating the Eldar Forgeworld units in to the Warhost detachment.

Karhedron
07-12-2015, 16:08
To be fair though, the only formations that are in the book are purely for the purposes of integrating the Eldar Forgeworld units in to the Warhost detachment.

I was under the impression that it also included options for an Aspect Battle Host. Sorry for going OT.

red_drake
07-12-2015, 17:22
I was under the impression that it also included options for an Aspect Battle Host. Sorry for going OT.
There's a new alternative core formation for use in the warhost detachment which can be customized 110 different ways, (11 customizations, pick 2) some of which are aspect focused

aprilmanha
07-12-2015, 17:36
Ah yes, the death sentence of getting a Forgeworld release on the eve of an edition or codex release.

Its part of the reason I would not consider buying a FW book, they go out of date too quickly for the cost.

Saunders
07-12-2015, 18:51
Ironically, Forgeworld was great at updating its books through PDF right up until it started doing Horus Heresy books (which was when IA11 was released). A good example of that would be IA9 and IA10, which got comprehensive updates to all the chapters involved for 6th edition via a free PDF. Everything else after that got caught up in FW's new design to put updates in books. IA11 and IA12 were proceded by IA Aeronautica (which updated aircraft) and after the apocalypse update by IA Apocalypse 2nd (which updated super-heavies and random selections of other units, but wasn't comprehensive)

The Eldar Corsairs list from IA11 was obselete less than a year after its release, and didn't see any sign of an update until thus new release. On the plus side, Bran Redmaw was relatively immune to edition changes.

MajorWesJanson
07-12-2015, 21:49
It also doesn't help that GW has sped up their release cycle. IA2 vol 2 got hit with a new SM codex, then 7th edition, and now another new SM codex over a 2ish year period.