PDA

View Full Version : Basing models differently

ArtificerArmour
25-11-2015, 17:07
Y'alreet Warseer?

So I'm in the process of rebasing my models in AoS (read to the end!) and I've a full khorne daemon army on squares that need redoing.

Now currently my army is for cross use between AoS and 40k. On 25mm square bletters were a pain to rank, but also they seem cramped on 25mm round (the massive hellblades don't help).

So was thinking of basing them on 32mm rounds. For AoS it doesn't matter, but for 40k it may.

What are your thoughts? Do you frown on bigger bases? Do you still base marines on 25mm? Is it even an issue?

Lord Damocles
25-11-2015, 18:02
The rules allow you to do it, so base away.

Any difference rules-wise is all but negligible.

Denny
26-11-2015, 13:13
What are your thoughts? Do you frown on bigger bases? Do you still base marines on 25mm? Is it even an issue?

Most of my marines are still 25mm because those were the bases they came with, but I don't care either way.
I care far more about whether an army looks good than whether its based 'correctly'. ;)

Codsticker
26-11-2015, 15:00
The rules allow you to do it, so base away.

Any difference rules-wise is all but negligible.
That's right.:yes:

MajorWesJanson
27-11-2015, 08:02
My 40K marines are on 28 due to sheer numbers. Any new ones will be put on 28s for consistency. My 30K Heresy marines I am starting are going to be on 32s. So generally, base to taste (especially with all the new sizes coming out, especially in oval shape)

Just avoid obvious craziness, like normal infantry on 50/60mm, or trying to put Dreadnoughts with a 28mm base on each foot.

lordbeefy
27-11-2015, 14:09
mt new sw army comes boxed with 25mm but im putting 32mm on for looks and the new rules....gives me more room for rubble and such mostly