PDA

View Full Version : Are Fantasy Models worth anything now?

Kjata
25-11-2015, 22:44
I have like 2.5k points of Warriors of Chaos is a box. They've been collecting dust for a few years. I was wondering if they are worth anything, with what I'm hearing about Age of Sigmar. I'm not looking to get a good chunk of cash, just enough to make them worth selling. Otherwise I'm just gonna throw em out, to be perfectly honest.

Buddy Bear
25-11-2015, 22:51
Try to get what you can for them. I'm sure someone will buy them for a reasonable price.

Zywus
25-11-2015, 22:56
I've been selling of a bunch of fantasy models that I realized I wouldn't get around to in decades even if AoS hadn't happened.

At least in my corner of the world, they have actually sold for a reasonable about of money (I suspect the market is harsher in the US). Don't expect to get more than what you paid for them but put them up for a really low price and people will hopefully start bidding over each other and egg each other on.

Un-assembled and unpainted stuff tend to sell better unless it's very well painted but with a little luck and some sought after models among the bunch you could at least hope for 50% of the retail price. (but don't count on it)

I reccomend splitting the stuff up into chunks rather than selling it all in one lot. Few people are interested in getting that much minis in one go.

Kjata
25-11-2015, 23:05
I'd take anything i could get for them that's worth going to the post office. I'm not sure what retail even is on this stuff nowadays, but I'd take $100 for the lot. A lot of it is painted, but not very well. This army predates 8th for the most part.

I guess if people are still buying em, I might as well try to sell them.

Buddy Bear
25-11-2015, 23:10
My suggestion would be to inventory what you have then go to the GW website and try to recreate your collection in the GW webstore by adding those items to the cart. Then, assuming you want to sell it all in one batch, put it up on eBay for whatever 50% of the full retail value is.

Kjata
25-11-2015, 23:26
My suggestion would be to inventory what you have then go to the GW website and try to recreate your collection in the GW webstore by adding those items to the cart. Then, assuming you want to sell it all in one batch, put it up on eBay for whatever 50% of the full retail value is.

Do you actually think someone would buy it for 50%? Maybe this game isn't as dead as I thought.

Zywus
25-11-2015, 23:28
50% of current retail is far to much to start the auction with IMO.

I usually start at a very low price and let it grow. People are more likely to bid again once they've bid once.

Drakkar du Chaos
25-11-2015, 23:32
Do you actually think someone would buy it for 50%? Maybe this game isn't as dead as I thought.

The game is not dead yet. And WoC are very popular.

lbecks
25-11-2015, 23:34
Depends on the models. What models do you have?

Zywus
25-11-2015, 23:35
And even if AoS dies within a year WoC minis still have their uses in other game systems, WHFB 8th, 9th age, KoW and so on.

Kjata
25-11-2015, 23:48
Depends on the models. What models do you have?

38 warriors
16 marauders with flails
5 of the Knights that were made during 7th
4 oldschool knights
2 sorcerors
3 juggerknights that are half built
10 dogs
demon prince
chimera
Archaon

Also, i feel like there is a hellcannon somewhere. Maybe that got accidentally included when I traded my tyranids for warmachine minis.

Pojko
25-11-2015, 23:53
38 warriors
16 marauders with flails
5 of the Knights that were made during 7th
4 oldschool knights
2 sorcerors
3 juggerknights that are half built
10 dogs
demon prince
chimera
Archaon

Also, i feel like there is a hellcannon somewhere. Maybe that got accidentally included when I traded my tyranids for warmachine minis.

Just throw them on eBay and start the bidding at 99 cents if you truly don't care about how much money you get out of them. People will definitely bid on it all, and I would expect it to go to around $200+.

mbh1127
26-11-2015, 00:51
Oldhammer lead has done pretty well but the more recent stuff seems to have taken a bit of a hit.

Commodus Leitdorf
26-11-2015, 01:06
Yeah newer stuff isn't as expensive as it used to be....which is good for someone like me who enjoys saving old Models and re-purposing them. Heck my Ogre Army is mostly made up of OOP metals and Plastics with bad paint jobs that I managed to salvage.

75hastings69
26-11-2015, 03:46
I've noticed a general drop in the resale value of GW products, including the Limited Edition/Unreleased market. This was my own observation after unloading Fantasy stuff about 6 months ago.

Some armies still seem to raise a decent amount of interest (and bids) namely chaos and Skaven, but the other stuff I sold didn't sell for what it would have 18 months ago.

Spell_of_Destruction
26-11-2015, 06:05
The prices will shoot up again when players realise that half the second hand models in circulation have been rage burned.

Herzlos
26-11-2015, 07:53
You can try; there's a lot of people selling stuff and not as many buying in, but stuff is still selling.

I've also noticed a serious drop off in demand for GW stuff over the last year or 2, but when priced correctly it'll still sell, especially the older stuff.

I'd stick it on eBay for the costs of taking the box to the post office, offer free shipping, and see what happens. As said; even if you don't play Warhammer anymore, WoC are still usable for all sorts of other games.

Khaines Wrath
26-11-2015, 07:59
I'm waiting for the inevitable removal of the old ranges.

Asmodios
26-11-2015, 08:10
You can sell them for decent amounts in my area simply because many people are using them for KOW games.

Yowzo
26-11-2015, 09:02
I have like 2.5k points of Warriors of Chaos is a box. They've been collecting dust for a few years. I was wondering if they are worth anything, with what I'm hearing about Age of Sigmar. I'm not looking to get a good chunk of cash, just enough to make them worth selling. Otherwise I'm just gonna throw em out, to be perfectly honest.

If you're willing to post to Europe shoot me an offer and pics of the content via pm.

Herzlos
26-11-2015, 10:21
I'm waiting for the inevitable removal of the old ranges.

That's a good point; once stuff starts going OOP the price will creep up again. Hopefully. Right now when everyone is raging quitting is the absolute worst time to be trying to sell Warhammer stuff.

Khaines Wrath
26-11-2015, 12:59
That's a good point; once stuff starts going OOP the price will creep up again. Hopefully. Right now when everyone is raging quitting is the absolute worst time to be trying to sell Warhammer stuff.

That's my view. Saturating the market with a product isn't going to give good returns. People might pay more when they become extremely rare.

Plus part of me is afraid to sell them, I did that with my old army years ago and returning to the hobby is expensive.