PDA

View Full Version : Small 1500pts Dwarf Army Help please

andyv2k14
25-11-2015, 23:32
Trying to put together a 1500pts list for a small tournament at the local hobby store. I'm wondering what folks think of this list and whether or not it would be viable.

HEROES
Thane: Shield, MR Snorri Spangelhelm, 2x Rune of Cleaving
Runesmith: Shield, Rune of Spellbreaking

CORE
40x Dwarf Warriors: Full Command, Shields
30x Dwarf Warriors: Full Command, Great Weapons

SPECIAL
Cannon: Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning
Cannon: Rune of Forging
Gyrocopter: Steam Gun, Vanguard
RARE
Organ Gun: Rune of Penetration
Total 1486

I am a little short on points, but unsure where I want to put it. The idea is that the two blocks of warriors form up opposite what they match up best against. The Thane and Runesmith most likely both go in the block of sword and shield warriors to help up their damage output. From there, the 2 cannons and organ gun should give my opponent plenty of reason (especially at 1500pts) to want to cross the board and come to grips with me quickly. I know I am vulnerable to magic, but the idea is that the cannons snipe any irritating wizards and I doubt I'll face as much in such a low points game. Lastly, the Gyrocopter is there to fly around and harass things or fly up and steam gun the rear of enemy blocks. It's been a while since I played Fantasy, but I think that this list has a lot of utility for 1500pts. If my opponent brings big critters, my organ gun and artillery can do a number on them. If they bring lots of hordes then organ gun, dwarf battleline and steam cannon should do a nice job as well. My big worries would be small, fast armies with lots of smaller units that I can't tie up in the dwarven tarpit. Any thoughts and criticism are much appreciated.

Smooth Boy
20-12-2015, 06:11
In my limited knowledge of Dwarfs I would say you want more GW warriors than shield ones. This will probably mean you'll have to drop some.

e. also 2 cannon's might be considered cheese but this is dependent on your group. I'd run 1 cannon 1 organ gun.

GrandmasterWang
10-01-2016, 14:03
Trying to put together a 1500pts list for a small tournament at the local hobby store. I'm wondering what folks think of this list and whether or not it would be viable.

HEROES
Thane: Shield, MR Snorri Spangelhelm, 2x Rune of Cleaving
Runesmith: Shield, Rune of Spellbreaking

CORE
40x Dwarf Warriors: Full Command, Shields
30x Dwarf Warriors: Full Command, Great Weapons

SPECIAL
Cannon: Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning
Cannon: Rune of Forging
Gyrocopter: Steam Gun, Vanguard
RARE
Organ Gun: Rune of Penetration
Total 1486

I am a little short on points, but unsure where I want to put it. The idea is that the two blocks of warriors form up opposite what they match up best against. The Thane and Runesmith most likely both go in the block of sword and shield warriors to help up their damage output. From there, the 2 cannons and organ gun should give my opponent plenty of reason (especially at 1500pts) to want to cross the board and come to grips with me quickly. I know I am vulnerable to magic, but the idea is that the cannons snipe any irritating wizards and I doubt I'll face as much in such a low points game. Lastly, the Gyrocopter is there to fly around and harass things or fly up and steam gun the rear of enemy blocks. It's been a while since I played Fantasy, but I think that this list has a lot of utility for 1500pts. If my opponent brings big critters, my organ gun and artillery can do a number on them. If they bring lots of hordes then organ gun, dwarf battleline and steam cannon should do a nice job as well. My big worries would be small, fast armies with lots of smaller units that I can't tie up in the dwarven tarpit. Any thoughts and criticism are much appreciated.
The list is viable. Shield dwarfs are fine and work as a great anvil. If you put the Runesmith the armor piercing will be handy. Ideally your 2 blocks can support each other in combat.

Due to your numbers you will likely be steadfast however one big consideration is you have no BSB. It only takes that 1 roll of 10+ for it all to go pear shaped. If you lose either block early it will be very costly. A single terror test could potentially do them in! Some people might rage at the twin cannons but see how you go.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk