PDA

View Full Version : New GW Order Form -- Eldar, etc. Information

NakedFisherman
08-07-2006, 22:46
Eldar Information

The following Eldar items are listed as available until August 2006, which means a replacement will likely be released within three months afterward:

Eldar Codex
Craftworld Eldar Codex (likely to be simply pulled from shelves)
Vyper Jet Bike
Eldar Falcon Grav Tank
Eldar Battleforce
Eldar Dire Avengers
Seer Council
Eldar Storm Guardians
Eldar Warwalker
Eldar Wraithlord
Eldar Warp Spiders
Eldar Warp Spider Exarch
Howling Banshees
Howling Banshee Exarch
Eldar Farseer
Striking Scorpions
Dark Reapers
Striking Scorpion Exarch
Fire Dragons
Swooping Hawk Aspect Warriors
Dark Reaper Exarch
Fire Dragon Exarch
Swooping Hawk Exarch

Keep in mind that this does not guaranatee there will be new models. This means the item is being re-released only. It could simply be new box art.

New Battleforces and Megaforces

Space Marine Battleforce (October release)
Space Marine Megaforce (September release)
Tau Empire Megaforce (September release)

Miscellaneous Information

Arco-Flagellants are not on the new order form. Probably a mistake, but you never know.

Orbital
08-07-2006, 23:03
Which order form is that, NF? Which country... and is that a GW store form or what?

NakedFisherman
08-07-2006, 23:15
US retailers. I don't know if GW's stores use them or not, but independants do use them.

Homer S
09-07-2006, 03:44
Eldar Information

Eldar Codex NEW CODEX (DUH)
Craftworld Eldar Codex (likely to be simply pulled from shelves)
Eldar Warwalker NEW MODEL
Eldar Wraithlord NEW MODEL
Howling Banshees NEW MODELS
Howling Banshee Exarch
Eldar Farseer NEW MODEL
Striking Scorpions NEW MODELS
Striking Scorpion Exarch
Dark Reapers NEW MODELS
Dark Reaper Exarch
Fire Dragons NEW MODELS
Fire Dragon Exarch
Eldar Dire Avengers NEW MODELS

Seer Council REPACKED WITH ONE NEW MODEL
Vyper Jet Bike REPACKED WITH WAVE SERPENT WEAPONS SPRUE
Eldar Falcon Grav Tank REPACKED WITH WAVE SERPENT WEAPONS SPRUE
Eldar Battleforce REPACKED WITH WAVE SERPENT WEAPONS SPRUE
Eldar Warp Spiders REPACKED
Eldar Warp Spider Exarch
Swooping Hawk Aspect Warriors REPACKED
Swooping Hawk Exarch

Eldar Storm Guardians REPACKED?

The models will be repacked into 5 model squads with photo art. The last one I am not sure about other than repacking.

Enjoy,
Homer Out

Z-chan
09-07-2006, 04:15
Oh shi- they're probably gonna be removing models from the 'rine Battleforce.

fieryum
09-07-2006, 05:47
if new warlock models then the seer council should include more of these models

Orbital
09-07-2006, 05:48
US retailers. I don't know if GW's stores use them or not, but independants do use them.

Thanks! Appreciate you sharing this :)

Shield of Freedom
09-07-2006, 06:16
Good news. It simply means we're finally getting closer to that special day for all Eldar nuts everywhere.

lord_blackfang
09-07-2006, 07:00
Personally I'm more interested in that Tau Megaforce. Any ideas? The Battleforce already has all the existing plastics apart from Piranhas.

Orbital
09-07-2006, 07:05
Personally I'm more interested in that Tau Megaforce.

Q'uelle surprise.

Murrithius
09-07-2006, 09:56
I think they may be replacing the command squad in the Marine battleforce with an Assault squad, after negative feedback.

philbrad2
09-07-2006, 09:58
Oh shi- they're probably gonna be removing models from the 'rine Battleforce.

We looked at the contents of these sets when the Tau Battleforce came out earlier in the year and considering all these sets give everyone value for money (tau and Tyranid ones especially) The Marine ones were the worst VFM. Plus I've not been overly impressed with the contents selection for the SM based sets. Who really wants a 'bells & whistles' command squad with a small 4-500pt army :wtf:

Hopefully GW will be making these sets a bit more useful to new players wanting to set up a good core of army choices before adding on 'frilly' choices like command squads. I'd like to see a Rhino. 10 man and 5 man tactical squads, Jump packers, perhaps some bikes/attack bike or a Landspeeder in there. Give it some firepower.

:chrome:

Vilicate
09-07-2006, 10:46
They're replacing the Command Squad with an Assault Squad, dropping the Razorback to a Rhino and adding a regular Scout Squad.

Mortare
09-07-2006, 10:56
That doesnt sound so bad, they always seemed to be the boxsets with what new people would regard as the 'coolest' models. Maybe they can even make it a legal army with a commander set.

Pluisje
09-07-2006, 11:24
Eldar Battleforce REPACKED WITH WAVE SERPENT WEAPONS SPRUE

I would assume it's a complete overhaul, reducing the number of guardians to 8 or 12, adding Dire Avengers, switching the Falcon to a Wave Serpent, switching the jetbikes to one or two War Walkers and finally switching the Vyper to one or two weapon platforms.
This gives two Troop choices (DA and guardians), a HQ as one of the DA exarch models can be used as an Autarch and a Fast Attack/Heavy support choice (the War Walkers(s)).
When calculating the value I think it's a combined maximum of three of the War Walkers and Heavy Weapon Platforms.

(just my calculated guess / 2 cents)

Wolf Scout Ewan
09-07-2006, 12:14
Thankyou for the info!

TheShadow3s
09-07-2006, 14:56
Good news for the vyper and falcons getting the extra weapon sprue, what will the new warlock look like btw

Jon_Irenicus
09-07-2006, 14:59
Is it me, or is it a poor trade getting an assault squad in exchange for a command squad? Of course it makes more sense, but a command squad is a bit more expensive. So its a bit of a loss there...

Id bet the Eldar battleforce has the 3 warwalkers (doesnt the Guard one have 3 sentinels?), and Dire avengers for troops, plus some guardians for support. And the Wave.

Homer S
09-07-2006, 16:38
Good news for the vyper and falcons getting the extra weapon sprue, what will the new warlock look like btw
I think the new model is the farseer dicussed elsewhere. I had not heard anything about a new warlock.

Good points about the Battleforce. I would not think they would add the WW though, as they will probably be in the army deal instead. I would think they might drop the jetbikes, add the dire avengers and a heavy platform. Maybe also reduce the guardians.

BTW I did not see the guardians or the falcon plus guardians models listed as not being available. Does that mean no changes there?

That reminds me. About a month ago I direct services ordered the two phoenix lords I don't have (Baharroth and Maugan Ra). I inquired several times and they resent the order. You can no longer get the models although you can bits order them at a higher cost. The reason I was given is that they are going to be repackaged and splashed in the stores for the release and then go back to direct only.

Enjoy,
Homer Out

Shield of Freedom
09-07-2006, 17:22
Now, if only they would repack the Imperial Guard one.

20 Guardsmen, not even a legal platoon since the command squad is missing. Of course the command squad is generaly metal but at least throw in another 5 so you can "make" one in the box.

3 heavy weapons teams, what the hell are you supposed to do with those? There is no command platoon and you have too many to put them in the squads you DID get.

Only the Leman Russ and Sentinel work.

You get part of a single TROOPS choice, one HEAVY SUPPORT, a single sentinel and three heavy weapons you can't field.

The only thing I can see you doing anything with them as a newbie is to put two of the heavy weapons amongst the two 10 man squads freeing up 2 guardsmen from each. Use three of them to make up the officer and two command squad memebers, and throw in the third heavy weapon for the 4th and 5th members of the Platoon command squad. At least then you'll have a leftover model and a full TROOPS choice. You still have to buy the HQ command squad box (most battle forces are only missing an HQ anyway), but you also have to buy a second TROOPS choice which no other battle force requires you to do.

I feel a Guard box should be repacked like this:
40 Gaurdsmen (enough for three ten-man squads and two five-man command squads)
Chimera (for one of the 10 man squads as an Armored fist squad)
3 Heavy weapons (that you can now attatch to the command platoon/squad you made out of the box)

one HQ and two TROOPS. A fieldable army with a decent amount of punch. Add a Leman Russ later and this army is a respectable opponent for it's point value.

Shield of Freedom
09-07-2006, 17:27
BTW I did not see the guardians or the falcon plus guardians models listed as not being available. Does that mean no changes there?

Bleh. I hope they drop it. It didn't make any sense. Unless the new codex changes the falcon rules so it can carry eight models there is no point to that box set. At least if it's supposed to be marketed as a transport with troops. The other ones make sense. Eight Chaos Marines and a Rhino, no problem. Eight Slugga Boyz and a Wartrukk, no problem. Ten Guardsmen and a Chimera, no problem. Six Space Marines and a Razorback, no problem. Ten Fire Warriors and a Devilfish, no problem. Eight Guardians and a Falcon... hey they can't fit in there!

Orbital
09-07-2006, 17:30
I always thought those extra Guardians ran along the side, like Secret Service men...

lord_blackfang
09-07-2006, 17:47
Of course if there were only 4 you'd be moaning that it's not a legal squad.

NakedFisherman
09-07-2006, 19:58

All 'Troops and Transport' boxed sets are no longer able to be ordered. This occured about two months or so ago.

The Purple Ninja
09-07-2006, 20:53
I actually liked the Marine battleforce, though i'll admit it wasn't the best for a starter box. Rather than assemble it with the 4 units, I made it into two 10 man tactical squads and spread the command squad gubbinz amongst them for some really cool seargents and a few nifty marines. That way you have to slap the razorback onto a different unit though.

The proposed change sounds pretty good, although I'd say there's definately room in there for them to add the single sprue that makes up a commander as well.

Current one = Razorback -4 sprues, tactical squad-3 sprues, command squad 2 sprues, and combat squad sprue = 10 sprues.

New = Rino -3 sprues, tactical squad -3 sprues, scout sprue, commander sprue, and assault squad -2 sprues = 10 sprues.

[Before anyone leaps on me claiming I got the number of sprues wrong, note that many sprues are a single large sprue, and get cut in two in order to fit into the individual squad box sets, such as the tactical squad sprue with it's two halves for legs and arms etc.]

Orbital
09-07-2006, 21:21

And that would be... correct. So wtf?

lord_blackfang
09-07-2006, 21:32

So I suppose Eldar are special enough to warrant recutting a sprue just so they can get exactly 6 models in a box. Either that, or be the only army without a squad'n'transport box (I can hear the whining now)

Shipmonkey
09-07-2006, 22:55
Now, if only they would repack the Imperial Guard one.

20 Guardsmen, not even a legal platoon since the command squad is missing. Of course the command squad is generaly metal but at least throw in another 5 so you can "make" one in the box.

3 heavy weapons teams, what the hell are you supposed to do with those? There is no command platoon and you have too many to put them in the squads you DID get.

You do get one legal platoon out of the battle force;

First, you make two ten man squads with a heavy weapons teams. Then you use the officer off the tank sprue and your four left over men to make your command squad. Better yet, replace two of those men with a heavy weapon team, and you get your full platoon plus a couple extra men for your HQ platoon.

Stop griping, start thinking.

Orbital
09-07-2006, 23:03
So I suppose Eldar are special enough to warrant recutting a sprue just so they can get exactly 6 models in a box. Either that, or be the only army without a squad'n'transport box (I can hear the whining now)

You're just being a doodyhead. No-one is saying that. People are commenting on how the Falcon holds 6 passengers and the box comes with 8. It's like how you buy hotdogs in a package of 12 but the buns come in packages of 10. It's worth commenting on.

Cornelius
09-07-2006, 23:09
Only the Leman Russ and Sentinel work.

There's a Sentinel in that box? Where did you buy yours?

Evilgnome
10-07-2006, 00:29
Waaaa! I want the Waveserpent weapon sprue available online outside the US!

I hope they give us a practical way to upgrade to a shurican cannon, currently only the Waveserpent turret sprue has the right bit, otherwise we have to convert or buy the metal bit seperately.

Shield of Freedom
10-07-2006, 05:44
You do get one legal platoon out of the battle force;

First, you make two ten man squads with a heavy weapons teams. Then you use the officer off the tank sprue and your four left over men to make your command squad. Better yet, replace two of those men with a heavy weapon team, and you get your full platoon plus a couple extra men for your HQ platoon.

Stop griping, start thinking.

1. Don't insult me. I probably shouldn't have but I took the "start thinking" part a little personaly.

2. Finish reading posts. I did think. I gave an example of what I did to make a full TROOPS choice out of the box. I still use that setup. It still doesn't change the fact that it's the only battle force that doesn't give you two TROOPS choices.

There's a Sentinel in that box? Where did you buy yours?

Oops. Good catch Corn. You're right, there is no Sentinel in the box. :angel:

Shield of Freedom
10-07-2006, 05:45

Of course! Wouldn't you?

Exactly.

Vanger
10-07-2006, 06:32
Erm... ok, ditch the Razorback upgrade sprue from the SM BF and the Command Squad sprue, and add an Assault, and a Scout squad. Hm... good trade maybe... but what about the Megaforce? They leave it as it is, only add a terminator squad and a commander to the box?

And what will be in a Tau Megaforce? Piranhas? Or more battlesuits? Maybe a DF and a HH?

Z-chan
10-07-2006, 07:21
Sounds good.
Bet it tastes even better.
Assault Squad and Scouts? Delicious!

Mwahahahahaha...

lord_blackfang
10-07-2006, 08:14
You're just being a doodyhead. No-one is saying that. People are commenting on how the Falcon holds 6 passengers and the box comes with 8. It's like how you buy hotdogs in a package of 12 but the buns come in packages of 10. It's worth commenting on.

I think someone was saying exactly that. 8 models is too many. 4 is too few. Never mind the fact that at that time they were the only two options if you wanted an Eldar squad'n'transport box.

Erm... ok, ditch the Razorback upgrade sprue from the SM BF and the Command Squad sprue, and add an Assault, and a Scout squad. Hm... good trade maybe... but what about the Megaforce? They leave it as it is, only add a terminator squad and a commander to the box?

And what will be in a Tau Megaforce? Piranhas? Or more battlesuits? Maybe a DF and a HH?

AFAIK the Megaforces are going up to 100 quid, so they should have twice as much stuff as a Battleforce. I can't really think of what they could add to Tau apart from Piranhas.

AmKhaibitu
10-07-2006, 09:06
Well the chaos box is only good if you like a khornate touch to your army.
Albeit it is possible to convert the berserkers to just being CSMs, but as berserkers they're not so useful and only troops in a khorne aligned army.

The necron box is superb as with the addition of a lord blister you can easily get a 750 point army out of it that actually has a chance of doing damage.

lord_blackfang
10-07-2006, 11:29
Yeah but boring as hell - you only get two different sprues in the Necron box!
The current Tau Battleforce seems to be the best value for money and gives a nice variety of units. You're still making a saving even if you throw the Kroot away. The Nid Battleforce is close behind. These two are also the only ones that come with an HQ, meaning a legal army right out of the box.

Shaper Shakra
10-07-2006, 12:46
Yeah but boring as hell - you only get two different sprues in the Necron box!

Well, considering the Necrons only have like, 5 different units....:D

Vegeta365
10-07-2006, 17:49
I had been given the impression that all the new army box's would give you a legal army right out of the box so we should all be seeing this in the near future.

I would suspect the new eldar force will have an aurtarch as HQ the new dire avengers as troop choice 1, perhaps a squad of metal scorpions if these are troops in the new codex as we are lead to believe as troops 2 and then some other goodies.

I would also agree that the tau and nids box's are good value and work straight out of the box, these are also more recent box's.

The saving in the nid box is insane!

Shield of Freedom
10-07-2006, 18:38
I had been given the impression that all the new army box's would give you a legal army right out of the box so we should all be seeing this in the near future.

I would suspect the new eldar force will have an aurtarch as HQ the new dire avengers as troop choice 1, perhaps a squad of metal scorpions if these are troops in the new codex as we are lead to believe as troops 2 and then some other goodies.

I would also agree that the tau and nids box's are good value and work straight out of the box, these are also more recent box's.

The saving in the nid box is insane!

I agree and disagree.

I agree that the newer boxes have been doing well with what you get and that doing so will probably be a good trend for each codex rewrite for next few years. Definitely a good sign with the Tyranids and Tau. It also seems that GW has recognized those box's success and have decided to repack the Space Marine one. Again, a good sign.

I disagree about what will be in the box for Eldar though. Unless GW turns away from cannon, there will be no metal in the box at all. Only plastic codes (models) will be inside.

I'm guessing, 10 new Dire Avengers, 3 new Warwalkers, 12 Guardians, 1 Guardian heavy weapon team, and either a Waveserpent or a Falcon with the new Eldar weapon sprue.

Traditionaly, and I'm ok with it, the boxes require a separate HQ purchase to use as a legal army out of the box. Tau is different because you can use the crisis suit as a commander and for the Tyranids you can use the Warriror brood as your HQ.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you could probably use the Dire Avenger Exarch as an Autarch with all the options he seems to have just on the Dire Avenger sprue. So, there you go!

Astroth
10-07-2006, 22:45
well i dont think they will include 3 warwalkers. then there would not be any reason to buy them seperate.. :S GW is evil remember that

Killgore
10-07-2006, 23:00
I beleave Warwalkers will be £15 each and come out in a box of 3 for £40 like the tau phiranas did, so little chance of a squadron being in the Eldar Battleforce, mabey 1 but not 3.

*edited a price due to a brainfart

Jon_Irenicus
10-07-2006, 23:01
If they´re 15 each the 45 box makes no sense :P

Astroth
10-07-2006, 23:11
hehe yeah ^^ maybee some cool art on the bigger box. maybee somewere like 40.

Shield of Freedom
11-07-2006, 00:19
Looking back. Maybe you're right, there will probably be only one or two War walkers in the box IF a tank is included. No Falcon or Wave Serpent and you'll probably see three in there.

Sildani
11-07-2006, 12:37
We might get a limited edition HQ in the set, as well, as the Tau and Necrons have.

Homer S
11-07-2006, 12:40
I'm guessing, 10 new Dire Avengers, 3 new Warwalkers, 12 Guardians, 1 Guardian heavy weapon team, and either a Waveserpent or a Falcon with the new Eldar weapon sprue.

I agree no metal, so no HQ. The army box deal will contain a variant Autarch. It is unclear if this is one of the two packaged separately or if it is a third.

I have it on good authority that the Falcon's and Vyper's will not get the new weapons sprue, but new packages will contain the exisiting wave serpent weapons sprue (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=b&Img=254536). That way, skimmers will all have the same weapons and ground units will all have the same weapons.

I beleave Warwalkers will be £15 each and come out in a box of 3 for £40 like the tau phiranas did, so little chance of a squadron being in the Eldar Battleforce, mabey 1 but not 3.

*edited a price due to a brainfart
That is rough. In the US the 3 Piranha splash was 3 models for the price of 2. IIRC it was $25 each or $50 for the set of 3, pre-order only.

Homer Out

gigglyjoker
11-07-2006, 16:24
I think they may be replacing the command squad in the Marine battleforce with an Assault squad, after negative feedback.

Damn I hope so. That battleforce really sucked and this would increase my respect for GW a lot. Pretty quick response time from all the complaints, Ill e-mail them my compliments if it turns out so.

-giggly

Estragor
11-07-2006, 16:41
We might get a limited edition HQ in the set, as well, as the Tau and Necrons have.

That would only be for the army deals that GW releases a few months before the main range hits the stores. Most battle forces dont have a HQ in them (apart from Tau and Tryanids)

Could also see the Eldar box having possible 2 warwalkers in it, as the old Imperial Guard and the new Catachan battleforces both have multiple sentinels included.

Also, on the subject of marine battleforce, GW should really drop the razorback and stick in a predator or dreadnought instead. Would be much more useful.

Algothi
11-07-2006, 21:50
The battleforce not containing an official HQ choice really only effects those just picking up the army. Most current players already own several HQ choices, I know I have at least 5 Farseers, and I dont even play Ulthwe. I am, of course, very eager to officially see what will be contained therein.

Shield of Freedom
12-07-2006, 21:51
revised POSSIBLE Eldar Battle force box.

10 Dire Avengers to include Exarch on the sprue
12 Guardians
1 Guardian heavy weapon platform
Wave Serpent Full Kit
2 Warwalkers OR new Wraithlord

POSSIBLE army deal

Autarch
10 Dire Avengers to include Exarch
12 Guardians
Wave Serpent Full kit
5 New Howling Banshees
5 New Fire Dragons
1 new Wraithlord
1-2 Warwalkers
One limited edition metal model. Who knows what it will be, some speculate one of a Bonesinger even though it won't have any rules.

Those are my best GUESSES.

Gabriel
13-07-2006, 10:26
I really hope the Farseer isn't the limited edition model... but I doubt it will be. Just speculating.

Homer S
13-07-2006, 13:36
POSSIBLE army deal

Autarch
10 Dire Avengers to include Exarch
12 Guardians
Wave Serpent Full kit
5 New Howling Banshees
5 New Fire Dragons
1 new Wraithlord
1-2 Warwalkers
One limited edition metal model. Who knows what it will be, some speculate one of a Bonesinger even though it won't have any rules.

My sources tell me that the Autarch will be limited edition. The Bonesinger will be a promo model with something like: buy an army box or a battleforce box and codex, receive a free Bonesinger model.

The Bonesinger looks sweet by the way, somewhat standard seer attire with new antlers and shoulder pads having several wraithbone "fins". It is holding an instrument in one hand and is standing on a newly raised piece of sculpted wraithbone that is responding to the Bonesinger's upraised hand.

Did the new Tau army deal contain all new kits or a mix of old and new?

Homer Out

Shield of Freedom
13-07-2006, 13:46
A mix of both.

It had the new stealth suits, the new commander, the new vespid and I think it had a pirahna. It still had the old tank, fire warriors, drones and kroot though. It also had a new ethereal, but I think it was the limited edition one for the box.

Chosen Farseer
13-07-2006, 15:33
Somewhere I read (in this forum), that the limited edition model will be the Autarch...

The Judge
13-07-2006, 17:59
That should be one sweet Autarch... but where will the Bonesinger be availible? Now, or later perhaps?

Karhedron
13-07-2006, 18:55
Somewhere I read (in this forum), that the limited edition model will be the Autarch...
Actually I believe that the Ltd ed model will be a Bonesinger IIRC.

charlie_c67
13-07-2006, 21:54
Agreed I can't see the autarch being limited considering the fact he's a new HQ unit. Can't think of any armies that have had that happening.

chosen_of_khaine
13-07-2006, 22:09
a red shirt at gw told me that the new autarch will be a plastic model so you can make him how you like, swooping hawk wings an reaper missle launcher =]

Shield of Freedom
13-07-2006, 22:21
a red shirt at gw told me that the new autarch will be a plastic model so you can make him how you like, swooping hawk wings an reaper missle launcher =]

Actually the more plausible rumor (more sources) is that he will be metal but with different parts to be able to customize him a bit. We've already seen an example of this with the Striking Scorpion Exarch comming with parts to give him a Scorpion's Claw and Shuriken pistol OR a Biting Blade, all in metal.

note: Hawk Wings and a Reaper Launcher are a bad combination. Why would you pay the points for a heavy weapon at the same time paying the points for a 12" move? That's like giving Devastators Jump packs.

fieryum
13-07-2006, 22:35
I would love for this model to be plastic but most of the rumors suggest that they will be metal, even thought i think plastic would be the very logical choice (GW does it again)

sanctusmortis
13-07-2006, 22:40
Well, the Tau Commander battlesuit would've made more sense in plastic too. Expect metal.

Plus, I imagine his equipment choice will be somewhat limited compared to the exarch powers he can take.

Shield of Freedom
13-07-2006, 22:40
I would love for this model to be plastic but most of the rumors suggest that they will be metal, even thought i think plastic would be the very logical choice (GW does it again)

The only reason the "plastic rumor" came about was because of the Space Marine commander. It was mentioned that the Autarch would be customizable "think Batman rather than Superman" by several sources counting Orbital who spoke to Phil Kelly personaly on the subject. People naturally assumed that "customization" would mean lots of bits and remembered the plastic Space Marine commander kit. It was all speculation and was never mentioned by anyone as a rumor passed down in any way. On the other hand, the idea that it would be metal has at least been passed down as rumor by many sources.

Starchild
13-07-2006, 23:02
That's like giving Devastators Jump packs.Or, like giving Dark Lances to Scourges. :(

Any ideas on what's going to happen to the Storm Guardians? I'm afraid I don't have time to read the entire thread.

Shield of Freedom
14-07-2006, 01:28
No word on Storm Guardians. I've got a bad feeling they may not exist anymore. They havn't even been mentioned.

cailus
14-07-2006, 01:52
Regarding battle forces, spare a thought for the poor downtrodden Ork. In our battleforce you get 16 Ork Boyz, 5 Ork warbikes, 1 Wartrukk, 1 Warbuggy and a frame of Barricades.

The problem is that 16 Ork boyz doesn't actually convert too well into useful units.

At best it's :

6 Burnas - with no Burna
5 Burnas - with no Burna
5 trukk boyz (so you can legitimatelly field the trukk)

But then again it's the limitations of the Ork model range.

foehammer888
14-07-2006, 02:13
Or, like giving Dark Lances to Scourges. :(

Any ideas on what's going to happen to the Storm Guardians? I'm afraid I don't have time to read the entire thread.

I wouldn't worry too much about the storm guardians disappearing. Several reasons.

1) they are a relatively recent kit, and I doubt GW would make it obsolete so soon
2) It has been mentioned that the Ulthwe Strike force will still be a viable list in the new codex. That means the storm guardians will must still exist in the new codex as their is no unit entry for them in Codex Eye of Terror
3) Several units have not been mentioned in the rumors. We had heard very little about rangers until recently. Support weapons have yet to be discussed. Hell, even the new famed Autarch has had nothing in terms of actual rules rumors, which frankly amazes me considering the hype about him. He would be the first thing I looked up if I got a look at a temp copy of the codex.

Foehammer

Shield of Freedom
14-07-2006, 03:26
the new famed Autarch has had nothing in terms of actual rules rumors, which frankly amazes me considering the hype about him. He would be the first thing I looked up if I got a look at a temp copy of the codex.

Good point. How come no one has mentioned anything about him with all these people "peeking" at a copy?

I also see your point on the Storm Guardians.

As for the Support weapon platforms, the only one I've heard is the Shadow Weaver possibly getting Rending. Doubt it though, I hate Rending on ranged weapons, even AS an Eldar player I don't want it.

fieryum
14-07-2006, 04:18
"the new famed Autarch has had nothing in terms of actual rules rumors, which frankly amazes me considering the hype about him. He would be the first thing I looked up if I got a look at a temp copy of the codex."

This makes you wonder if anyone has really seen the codex or it is just bull

Asuril
14-07-2006, 09:30
Hi everyone! I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

Anyway, I talked to a Red Shirt today at the local GW, and he says that Warp Spiders will be getting new miniatures.

I don't know how true this is as the interview said otherwise and I don't know the guy personally. We were talking about the new Eldar Codex and he said all Aspects are getting new miniatures, so I naturally asked specifically about Warp Spiders. He says they're getting new metals.

So... new rumor, I guess? I sure hope so! The Warp Spider's situation is my biggest grudge (they're my favorite unit in the game, and their minis suck).

EDIT: Maybe you guys should ask the Reds at your own stores, maybe we can further confirm/deny it!

Homer S
14-07-2006, 13:15
Too lazy to do quotes...

Autarch is metal. There will be two variants for general sale and a third in the army box.

A little bird told me that all the rumors out now are floating in a cloud of misinformation from various test codex versions, he personally avoids them like the plague. In August (about 2 months prior to release in the Army box), stores or at least bunkers should start receiving advanced, final, copies. That is when the wheat will be separated from the chaff.

I am thinking I will not get any Medusa V models until the new codex comes out. I have two metal heavy platforms and 17 old rangers. I see no need to update the platforms and if pathfinders do go bye-bye, no need to get the new rangers.

Also, he suggested that there may be a second wave of updates in a year for those other things, like spiders, that have not been updated.

Enjoy,
Homer Out