PDA

View Full Version : What is actually coming up next for 40k?

Herkamer63
28-11-2015, 15:03
It's been awhile since the flop of my Tau review thread, so I figured I'll try again. What is the truth of what's coming out (outside of AoS)? Other than Mont'ka coming out, we have no other indicators of what the next army release will be. Let's go over some them.

IG will be one of the features that will be in the next campaign book. To me, at least, seems very plausible, maybe the most. They're getting new formations, rules for Cadians (at least for Guard in general), and new models for the Tank Commander and Tech Priest. It seems as though we could be getting a good look into the next codex. It makes sense to me if they're the next codex.

The other army is Tyranids. Rumors are going around saying that Synapse could be going back to its old rules (EW if any non-Synapse creatures are within range of ones that are). Also making the rounds is a plastic gargantuan creature (come on Dominatrex, slap me around). Someone made a good point that Nids usually got a January release, so who knows? I wouldn't complain.

A new one is SW. Now, I can see SW getting an FAQ/Errata update, along with BA and GK to be in line with the latest SM codices. I can see new models and a campaign book as the release, but not a new codex. This one seems to be more in line with the Chaos rumors: sounds great, but never pans out. I can be wrong on this, however, and I'll be the first to admit I was off the mark. The advent calender is coming

Finally Chaos........ I better not go there on them and end it here. Again, other than AoS, what is coming? Nothing seems consistent from rumors anymore, except leaked photos. I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Scammel
28-11-2015, 17:05
The irony being that Tzeentch could well be the next release, with a plastic LoC, new Daemons and new Marines.

Vos
28-11-2015, 17:17
You've answered your own question - It's IG, Nids and Space Wolves.
Plus there's the new Horus Heresy kits coming out with rumours of plastic vehicles....
That'll keep GW busy for quite a while!

Vos

mikesmight123
30-11-2015, 08:29
I really want the daemonkin books to come out. Can't wait for Nurgle daemonkin

Denny
30-11-2015, 09:48
Have any reliable rumour mongers actually indicated other Daemonkin books are in the works?
(BoLS clickbait doesn't count)

I get that logically it would seen obvious that we would get 4 daemonkin books, but is it possible Khorne Daemonkin was simply released to cash in on the new Bloodthrister and push a few of the Khorne AoS kits? (which a lot of people seem to be using for cultists/conversions)

I'm not saying we'll never see other Daemonkin, but I wonder if any work has actually begun on such books.

WarsmithGarathor94
30-11-2015, 10:42
I'd rather they didn't do the daemonkin books at the very least til they have sorted out both the daemons and csm codexes

MajorWesJanson
30-11-2015, 11:22
There was mention of a new Lord of Change kit, and if the Khorne Daemonkin book was just to push the BT kit, a new LoC could see a book to help push it as well.

Denny
30-11-2015, 11:42
There was mention of a new Lord of Change kit, and if the Khorne Daemonkin book was just to push the BT kit, a new LoC could see a book to help push it as well.

Could be, but its still supposition rather than a 'soild' rumour.
(Which I concede is a bit of an oxymoron)

I'd need someone like Harry or Hastings to say 'Yep, Tzeenetch Daemonkin' in order to take the rumour seriously. Otherwise, as stated, it just sounds like people are making assumptions, however reasonable they might be.

Plus . . . Khorne is the only Chaos god that cannot just summon units using psychic powers. It could be argued the Khorne faction therefore needs a book that would add this mechanic.

CrownAxe
30-11-2015, 11:52
I really want the daemonkin books to come out. Can't wait for Nurgle daemonkin

We don't actually have any indication that the other gods are going to get their own daemonkin books

Scammel
30-11-2015, 12:19
Could be, but its still supposition rather than a 'soild' rumour.
(Which I concede is a bit of an oxymoron)

I'd need someone like Harry or Hastings to say 'Yep, Tzeenetch Daemonkin' in order to take the rumour seriously. Otherwise, as stated, it just sounds like people are making assumptions, however reasonable they might be.

This Panda chap has categorically stated that we shouldn't expect Tzeentch Daemonkin, so it looks like this will just be a model wave.

Daenerys Targaryen
30-11-2015, 14:35
"Chaos" and "Release" are two words that will never appear in the same sentence. GW is perfectly happy leaving Chaos as the joke army that gets it's face caved in by everyone, especially Little Timmy's speech muhreens.

There is no money to be made from a Chaos release in GW's eyes.

Blame the need for kids these days to always get instant gratification from whatever they do. Kids/teens in general don't identify with the big bad evil guys - they want to be Superman in super-armour.
Chaos being able to beat-up on Space Marines just leads to Little Timmy QQ'ing and by extention, his parents no longer spending another $500+ on Marines.

GW wants money, and they seemingly believe that Chaos will only lose them money.

Denny
30-11-2015, 14:39
Kids/teens in general don't identify with the big bad evil guys - they want to be Superman in super-armour.

I can't help but feel this is a good thing?

A.T.
30-11-2015, 15:14
GW wants money, and they seemingly believe that Chaos will only lose them money.Explains why they bumped them up the release order to lead out 6th edition, and then followed up with a CSM supplement every single year afterwards. Two this year if you count betrayal at calth, and that's not counting dataslates.

Theocracity
30-11-2015, 15:42
Explains why they bumped them up the release order to lead out 6th edition, and then followed up with a CSM supplement every single year afterwards. Two this year if you count betrayal at calth, and that's not counting dataslates.

And while it doesn't entirely apply to 40k, Chaos has been getting a ton of model releases over on the AoS side of the fence.

But I think we're all aware of what he's actually complaining about - not getting rules that somehow make every single potential build of Chaos in all its various depictions competitively dominant.

StrikeDeath
30-11-2015, 17:57
But I think we're all aware of what he's actually complaining about - not getting rules that somehow make every single potential build of insert current army that's not dominating in all its various depictions competitively dominant.

From what I've seen on this forum over the last year I think you're only half right. Thus the edit ;)

Theocracity
30-11-2015, 18:14
From what I've seen on this forum over the last year I think you're only half right. Thus the edit ;)

Well played ;).

I think the problem is bigger for Chaos than other armies, though, as they have a huge range of potential themes all rolled up in one faction. Making a good Chaos book like Khorne Daemonkin doesn't count for a lot of people, because it's not a Nurgle / Tzeentch / Slaanesh / Undivided / Legion / can beat Eldar / etc book.

Nevermind that keeping a strong theme is often a bad match with the sort of mathammered competitive analysis that gets done around here, which leads to people complaining that they have to take units that don't match their theme to be competitive (while ignoring that if every flavor of Chaos had competitive units, a competitive Chaos list would become all of those units added together regardless of theme).

I have hopes that GW will be able to build an interesting Chaos book that manages to be at least somewhat competitive and has some interesting builds. I have no hopes that every Chaos players will be happy with it, though, because GW would need to produce a unicorn book to do that.

Daenerys Targaryen
30-11-2015, 18:14
Explains why they bumped them up the release order to lead out 6th edition, and then followed up with a CSM supplement every single year afterwards. Two this year if you count betrayal at calth, and that's not counting dataslates.

And Marines got 2 supplements as well, plus a truckload of model releases, plus added dataslates, and multiple campaign appearances...

Maybe the vast majority of Chaos players just want a model line that isn't gakking ancient?! It would also be nice to have functional kits of our own, instead of having to cannibalise 2-3+ Imperial kits just to build our heavy weapons! Plus maybe a couple new weapon options since we currently have the game's smallest armoury?

But sure, keep assuming that Chaos players are nothing but WaaC's donkeycaves who just want to be the next Eldar +10 book.

Theocracity
30-11-2015, 18:21
Maybe the vast majority of Chaos players just want a model line that isn't gakking ancient?! It would also be nice to have functional kits of our own, instead of having to cannibalise 2-3+ Imperial kits just to build our heavy weapons! Plus maybe a couple new weapon options since we currently have the game's smallest armoury?

That's a very different (and much more reasonable) comment than your first post. GW's clearly done a lot with Chaos, just not with 40k CSM kits yet.

But if GW has a business model, it's to make you buy fancy new plastic kits that replace the ones you previously bought. So I wouldn't worry about not having new kits yet - they'll be coming. Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if they come along with a 13th Black Crusade campaign book / codex, in a similar form as the recent Tau campaign.

StrikeDeath
30-11-2015, 18:45
Look we (the non-Chaos players) get it. From a model-line and armoury stand-point you're screwed. It's not fair, etc, etc. The thing is there's nothing anyone here can do about it and with the mentality of this forum for what constitutes 'playable', assuming that people complaining about whatever army it is (I've seen recent complaints for Space Wolves, I'm sure I've seen complaints for Orks as well over the last couple of months as examples) are doing it because they're WaaC is kind of well accurate really, sometimes unfairly though. Welcome to the internet, you've been tarred with the same brush as everyone else.

That said I am quietly hoping that when (and it is a when, not if) GW get around to reworking the Chaos book and model line it'll be brought up to the current standard. And THEN people will be complaining that the Chaos Warband/super formation is broken...which will probably means that it's a Tuesday around here ;)

(Side-note I know not everyone here is a WaaC player, so if you feel I've called you one and you're not, you have my apologies. But this forum doesn't really want us to be fun/fluff players it wants effective options only, or at least that's what I've taken from being more active here over the last year.)

Scammel
30-11-2015, 18:53
I think the real pain felt by Chaos players is from getting short shrift in terms of new design paradigms. The infamous 4th ed book was actually perfectly competent on the table, but was utterly gutted of a lot of characterful content, seemingly in the name of a new, bare-bones design philosophy that lasted all of 5 minutes. Similarly, the 6th ed book also gave as good as it took for a while, but the apparent dedication to keeping the power of the 6th ed books in the realms of sanity lasted little longer than a gnat's tadger and far, far worse, Space Marines got the army diversification that Chaos players had been clamouring for as their one desire above all for years.

A.T.
30-11-2015, 22:12
But sure, keep assuming that Chaos players are nothing but WaaC's donkeycaves who just want to be the next Eldar +10 book.And the strawman gets wheeled out early today.

No range gets the same amount of releases as the loyalist marines as they are the signature product of the entire company. CSM get decent representation compared to the rest of the line, and exceptional secondary support from forgeworld. They are just an old codex in an era of ludicrous power creep.

Daenerys Targaryen
30-11-2015, 22:48
I just want my Chaos Marines to be able to properly scorchify everything in their path dammit! Heavy flamers, Hand flamers, new weird Tzeentchy toy, gattling cannon that shoots flaming exploding skull-bullets, Inferno cannon armed Land Raider, etc...

Tzeentch is the pyromaniac of Chaos! I can (thankfully) now take my 18 Flamers without being a WaaC little *****, (alongside 2 Burny Chariots + 2 Exalted Flamers), yet my poor Marines can barely manage to singe a few grots.

A.T.
30-11-2015, 22:57
...gattling cannon that shoots flaming exploding skull-bullets..http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Daemons-of-Chaos-Skull-Cannon-of-Khorne

Inquisitor Shego
30-11-2015, 23:02
I just want my Chaos Marines to be able to properly scorchify everything in their path dammit! Heavy flamers, Hand flamers, new weird Tzeentchy toy, gattling cannon that shoots flaming exploding skull-bullets, Inferno cannon armed Land Raider, etc...

Tzeentch is the pyromaniac of Chaos! I can (thankfully) now take my 18 Flamers without being a WaaC little *****, (alongside 2 Burny Chariots + 2 Exalted Flamers), yet my poor Marines can barely manage to singe a few grots.

As much as I would like to tear the head off of your argument and watch it die, I will instead say that this is a topic that will likely get the thread locked, and you should not be throwing insults on this board. If you want to make a thread (that won't last long) about chaos players, and how you wish to be derogatory to them, make your own thread, instead of likely getting this one locked down.

Daenerys Targaryen
01-12-2015, 02:41
As much as I would like to tear the head off of your argument and watch it die, I will instead say that this is a topic that will likely get the thread locked, and you should not be throwing insults on this board. If you want to make a thread (that won't last long) about chaos players, and how you wish to be derogatory to them, make your own thread, instead of likely getting this one locked down.

You mean how I insulted myself?!

Inquisitor Shego
01-12-2015, 02:52
You mean how I insulted myself?!

Yeah, don't let me catch you doing it again. Low esteem really triggers me

EDIT

All joking aside, my apologies Daenerys. I thought you were sarcastically mocking chaos players as opposed to telling a legitimate narrative about yourself

march10k
01-12-2015, 13:10
"Chaos" and "Release" are two words that will never appear in the same sentence. GW is perfectly happy leaving Chaos as the joke army that gets it's face caved in by everyone, especially Little Timmy's speech muhreens.

If you mean chaos space marines get the short end of the stick, ok, that's true enough...if you mean to say that Belakor with his table-spanning mob of invisible hounds or 36 dice dedicated to summoning more daemons per turn than a SIGAFH can kill (forget about killing the original 1850 points) is woefully underpowered against C:UM?

Daenerys Targaryen
01-12-2015, 15:50
If you mean chaos space marines get the short end of the stick, ok, that's true enough...if you mean to say that Belakor with his table-spanning mob of invisible hounds or 36 dice dedicated to summoning more daemons per turn than a SIGAFH can kill (forget about killing the original 1850 points) is woefully underpowered against C:UM?
Daemons are admittedly the one bright spot Chaos has going its way atm... However, I don't think the majority of Chaos players are willing, let alone wanting, to really abuse the likes of Tzeentch Clown Car, or re-rolled 2++, etc...
Clown Car especially is a noob trap/slayer type of list. There's just too much solid alpha-strike capabilities and ignores cover in the game today for it to dominate. (Guard just need their Wyverns for example;) )
Be'lakor is a right ******* true, but then Invis makes almost anything OP.

@Inquisitor Shego: No worries!

And don't read anything into my self mocking - it's not low self esteem, rather, I'm just Canadian!:P
Mocking everything and ourselves most of all is simply what we Canucks do! (and complain about the weather, but that's because it changes every 15min or so...)

Scammel
02-12-2015, 19:47
Huh, only just noticed SadPanda's quote in the first post of the Space Wolves thread - it seems we can expect Tzeentch in January with new 'Fyreslayers', though whether these are a new Daemon or CSM unit remains unclear.

Theocracity
02-12-2015, 19:57
Huh, only just noticed SadPanda's quote in the first post of the Space Wolves thread - it seems we can expect Tzeentch in January with new 'Fyreslayers', though whether these are a new Daemon or CSM unit remains unclear.

Fyreslayers are Age of Sigmar dwarves.

Scammel
02-12-2015, 20:06
Fyreslayers are Age of Sigmar dwarves.

********!

Thanks for the heads up!

WarsmithGarathor94
02-12-2015, 20:59
Personally from a new csm codex I just want a few things
Flesh metal available to all hq choices.
Possessed to actually be useful
For each god to get a full discipline which is on par with the eldar and rule book psychic disciplines
For a way to get Bikes as troops so I can run a Slaanesh biker army without going unbound

Spleendokta
02-12-2015, 22:08
Looks like more spaze mureens. I guess we do need more colors representing for the IoM, the color grey is up next. Quietly waiting for some real chaos updates.

A.T.
02-12-2015, 23:10
For a way to get Bikes as troops so I can run a Slaanesh biker army without going unboundFunctionally, isn't the only thing that would change is that you'd get objective secured bikers? Assuming a variant detatchment wouldn't trade obsec in for a different bonus anyway - like the ravenwing.

If GW decides to push legions again variant detachments similar to the deathwing and ravenwing seem the obvious choice.

Hell's Angel
03-12-2015, 00:19
See I dont get that Daenerys, You could have a flying L3 DP, and a L3 sorcerer along with a couple of TS Sorcerers in a Thousand Son list. Thats 8 spell dice to summon those flamers for free (and only peril on 6's with your DP.) Hell give the DP the burning brand. If you can arrange your zooming prince's movement so he is over terrain you wont even have to jink to get that 4+ cover save allowing you to use that torrent flamer every turn... I take Daemonology with the mortal too, for the off chance that I roll a 4 or 6 allowing me to maybe get a Changer of Ways on the table too. You CAN literally have your cake and eat it too with CSM. My take on all comer summoning gunline is at least 50/50, with Tau giving me more of a headache than Eldar. Cursed Earth with Summoning on your DP rules eldar because they dont like having pinpointed squads of flamers roasting their units with AP4 fire (and the AP3 burning brand.)

I do understand a CSM player's grief if they play a list that does not generate 'free' units to offset the high price and ineffectual nature of most of the CSM units. If you dont play a Summoning Gunline and want to win a few games that means your a Nurgle player, and not everyone loves Nurgle... I also dont get that cause Papa Nurgle loves you, and has always said the best things about you. *shrug*

The Highlander
03-12-2015, 12:40
Personally all I want from a CSM codex is some more worthwhile options (more gear for our characters to make them into killing machines for a price, unique vehicle versions etc) and to be able to field a proper Iron Warriors army. I don't care if have to give up half the army list and pay extra, just give us some rules to make a siege army!

WarsmithGarathor94
03-12-2015, 18:01
Functionally, isn't the only thing that would change is that you'd get objective secured bikers? Assuming a variant detatchment wouldn't trade obsec in for a different bonus anyway - like the ravenwing.

If GW decides to push legions again variant detachments similar to the deathwing and ravenwing seem the obvious choice.

Well tbf yes I would like objective secured on them bit this way they could allow us to field battle forged all terminator/raptor/biker armies. It would also make us rather unique the only book where our hqs can unlock more than one unit as a troops chooce

Casper Hawser
03-12-2015, 20:37
I love how this thread has turned into a chaos marine wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StrikeDeath
04-12-2015, 00:46
I love how this thread has turned into a chaos marine wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could have been a Space Wolf wishlist. Or a Genestealer Cult wishlist. Or heck even a Space-Nuns with Space-Guns thing.

You kind of just have to tune it out after a while.

Dreadknight
04-12-2015, 08:47
The point with games these days is that you need at least one of the following points:
- Extremly fast / mobile
- High volume long range fire power
- Durable to cross the board
CSM doesn't have any of these 3. The fastest options are winged DP's (but they have to land to be really scary), rhino's (no charge out of it) and beasts (spawns, maulerfiends). Although they can pack some plasma firepower, it's still not enough and the chances you're own marines will die increases.
Nurgle spawns, maulerfiends and nurgle DP's (jink for 2+ cover save) are nice but they lack durability. Ignore cover shooting is all around, immobelized results is likely due to all the grav's and spawns have no save (compare the spawns vs wraiths for example:O 3++ & 4+RRP).

This way CSM have a bit of everything, but nothing decent enough to match up others. Even with psychic powers they aren't the best and quite some armies can counter the important spells.

A.T.
04-12-2015, 10:06
CSM doesn't have any of these 3I'd add freebies and shenanigans to that list - clown cars, battle companies, be'lakor, etc.
I think you are wrong though. CSM do have those things - they just don't have them in the cheap/free/bonus laden way that newer 7e books do.

Dreadknight
04-12-2015, 11:22
I'd add freebies and shenanigans to that list - clown cars, battle companies, be'lakor, etc.
I think you are wrong though. CSM do have those things - they just don't have them in the cheap/free/bonus laden way that newer 7e books do.

As I said, they have a bit of everything.
Compare for example the shooting of a plasma gun vs a grav gun. (don't even count grav cannons into this!). The grav gun is way beter in almost every aspect.
Resilense: a T6 spawn is nice, but you need some cover in order to survive something. Current tau en eldar armies can shoot so much S6 or higher (Tau almost always with ignore cover) that it makes no sense te deploy them. Running a unit Wraiths across the table is way more viable.
A DP is nice, but with only T5 and some wounds, it's not to difficult for a lot armies to shoot it down before it can do anything. (Even if you charge through terrain, the enemy can strikes first which is tricky without EW!)

A.T.
04-12-2015, 11:43
Compare for example the shooting of a plasma gun vs a grav gunAs a sisters player i'd rather face the grav guns...

But was I was trying to say is that CSM don't lack the raw speed/durability/etc, they just lack it in a way that competes with the newer 7e books. As the SM battle company shows if you make something cheap enough and throw enough bonuses at it you can make even the fairly basic 'old school' units effective. And the CSMs mundane stuff can be bolstered pretty far with icons/marks/etc if discounts come into play.

gwarsh41
04-12-2015, 17:08
A new one is SW. Now, I can see SW getting an FAQ/Errata update, along with BA and GK to be in line with the latest SM codices. I can see new models and a campaign book as the release, but not a new codex. This one seems to be more in line with the Chaos rumors: sounds great, but never pans out. I can be wrong on this, however, and I'll be the first to admit I was off the mark. The advent calender is coming

I think what GW did with the Tau book would work well with SW. Honestly, they are pretty solid, but have fallen behind in the rush of formations and special detachments that is 7th edition. They don't need a Necron style overhaul of the book. They need a Tau/SM style assortment of GOOD formations and detachments. Right now, company of the great wolf is only keeping them in tournaments thanks to ally shenanigans. I think that Arjac's shield brothers is the only other half useful formation they have. Give their codex the stat bumps to keep them in line with other marines (dreadnoughts, and additional boost to scouts). Possible point adjustment for any unit with "claws" in the title, then maaaaybe, another unit, but I really don't think they need anything new. Just formations to let them keep up with the silly stuff in 7th. Other armies have first turn assault out of deep strike, deep strike without scatter, everyone gets +X ballistic skill and special rules, or everyone is impossible to kill.

If Tzeentch is next (as the rumors for AoS Tzeentch stuff are on the horizon, that would be pretty awesome too. I would love to see other greater daemons get a Bloodthirster treatment.

Daenerys Targaryen
04-12-2015, 18:33
As a sisters player i'd rather face the grav guns...

But was I was trying to say is that CSM don't lack the raw speed/durability/etc, they just lack it in a way that competes with the newer 7e books. As the SM battle company shows if you make something cheap enough and throw enough bonuses at it you can make even the fairly basic 'old school' units effective. And the CSMs mundane stuff can be bolstered pretty far with icons/marks/etc if discounts come into play.

We really don't compete in anything... Our current book really is just a late 5th edition codex, with a bare minimum of 6th ed patches haphazardly bolted onto it.

WarsmithGarathor94
04-12-2015, 20:07
As a Word Bearers player I would like alot from the new csm codex
First of all possessed to be made better (basically make them gal vorbak)
Then bring back legion rules and make those possessed word bearers only :p
I would like csm especially word bearers to get a way around the perils on any double for summoning daemons and for the love of Lorgar make my Sorcerors more reliable
Also allow Dark Apostles to become psykers so I don't have to take a sorceror

Daenerys Targaryen
05-12-2015, 00:43
I would like csm especially word bearers to get a way around the perils on any double for summoning daemons and for the love of Lorgar make my Sorcerors more reliable
Personally, I'd much rather see Dark Apostles get access to daemonic steeds and jump pack/bike options, before becoming Lv1 psykers.

They currently have the potential for sooooooo much synergy thanks to the Zealot rule, but they're utterly boned by being permanently stuck as Infantry only ICs. >.<

They're literally Chaplains -10 in every way!

WarsmithGarathor94
05-12-2015, 03:00
Personally, I'd much rather see Dark Apostles get access to daemonic steeds and jump pack/bike options, before becoming Lv1 psykers.

They currently have the potential for sooooooo much synergy thanks to the Zealot rule, but they're utterly boned by being permanently stuck as Infantry only ICs. >.<

They're literally Chaplains -10 in every way!

Well I'd argue the psyker thing is far more important considering 2 things 1 Sorcerors are completely against the fluff for the WB 2 we are the only legion who should have dark apostles

Denny
05-12-2015, 09:42
Well I'd argue the psyker thing is far more important considering 2 things 1 Sorcerors are completely against the fluff for the WB 2 we are the only legion who should have dark apostles

Are they?

Aren't there some pretty famous Word Bearers sorcerers, like Arguleon Veq?
Also I'm pretty sure the fluff specifies Word Bearers are the first legion to have Dark Apostles, but not the only legion.

WarsmithGarathor94
05-12-2015, 18:42
Are they?

Aren't there some pretty famous Word Bearers sorcerers, like Arguleon Veq?
Also I'm pretty sure the fluff specifies Word Bearers are the first legion to have Dark Apostles, but not the only legion.

Can't remember exactly where but I think in the Word Bearers omnibus it states they hate Sorcerors due to them seeing it as the Sorcerors are stealing the power of the gods :p

Well yes we are the first legion to have them just like we are the first legion to have possessed so why are ours the same as everyone else's. Even more wtf is we are supposed to be great at summoning daemons but unless I use a prince to do the summoning I'm perilsing on any double

Daenerys Targaryen
05-12-2015, 18:56
Can't remember exactly where but I think in the Word Bearers omnibus it states they hate Sorcerors due to them seeing it as the Sorcerors are stealing the power of the gods :p

Well yes we are the first legion to have them just like we are the first legion to have possessed so why are ours the same as everyone else's. Even more wtf is we are supposed to be great at summoning daemons but unless I use a prince to do the summoning I'm perilsing on any double

Word Bearer's 'snowflake' rules should ideally come via a Traitor/Legion traits rules, in the same way that Vanillas get all their various unique flavours of 'Codex' Chapters.

For now though, Word Bearers at least get their biggest traits through the Crimson (Word Bearers) Slaughter codex. ;)

WarsmithGarathor94
05-12-2015, 19:24
Word Bearer's 'snowflake' rules should ideally come via a Traitor/Legion traits rules, in the same way that Vanillas get all their various unique flavours of 'Codex' Chapters.

For now though, Word Bearers at least get their biggest traits through the Crimson (Word Bearers) Slaughter codex. ;)

The possessed in that book are nothing like the gal vorbak. Seriously I'd rather csm just became a FW army list lol

Spiney Norman
05-12-2015, 22:12

It sounds to me like you need to be playing Heresy my friend, your word bearers will get all of that and more with their 30k Legion rules.

WarsmithGarathor94
06-12-2015, 18:34
It sounds to me like you need to be playing Heresy my friend, your word bearers will get all of that and more with their 30k Legion rules.
Can't use the Legion list in my local store (sucks but them is the breaks) however I am currently using Kharn to lead my Word Bearers so :P