PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolf Battleforce OOP?

Z-chan
09-07-2006, 05:16
I tried to place an order at the WarStore a few weeks back for the SW Battleforce, but they told me they haven't been able to get it in stock at all. ANy news on this? Is it being refurbished, reduced or something?

Thanks

muskrat
09-07-2006, 05:22
It was probably a limited time thing- most likely went the way of the dodo after EoT. Kind of like those (awesome) mutation bags for LatD.

Damn I wish they'd sell those again.

Z-chan
09-07-2006, 05:24
I mean the regular Space Wolf Battleforce which has been around for a while. It's one of the best bargains amongst the battleforces and I fear that with the recent price "reduction" it's gonna be nerfed or something...

Toppan
09-07-2006, 05:29
i still see it at my local store...wierd that warstore doesnt have it. try ebay perhaps? i can agree though, its a better 'force than the regular marine one...minus the wolf iconography

Z-chan
09-07-2006, 05:30
To the FLGS! Glad they offer 15% off. Tax though... Anyone else have any news?

muskrat
09-07-2006, 05:31
I love space wolf bits in my Chaos army. I have a squad of raptors using them (I don't play a traitor legion, more like red corsair type traitors- accused of being traitors, so they embraced chaos as a way to stay alive)

They look nice.

Yarick Zan
09-07-2006, 05:50
lol my friend likes the look of chaos raptors better than assault marines so he uses raptors instead of them. he does play a loyalist marine army too.

BlazeXI
09-07-2006, 08:13
They are available from GW UK online store (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120101023&orignav=10) so there is no reason for them being oop.

philbrad2
09-07-2006, 10:28
As with BLAZEXI considering DA are the next Marine force to get a revamp why would SW battleforce be withdrawn. Perhaps its just a stocking issue. At worst I'd expect the contents 'may' change' (as they did when the MkII Rhino came out.) Other than that its nothing I'd expect.

:chrome:

t-tauri
09-07-2006, 10:45
I'd hope it's indicative of a new Space Wolves codex in the short term. But I doubt it.

More likely it's just a stock issue or a rejig of the components. I believe there's a new Battleforce/Megaforce due so it might be part of that reorganisation. They could even be withdrawing the Space Wolves battleforce from the shops like they did with the Black Templars and just making the SW sprue available through mail order.

||-MARKO-||
09-07-2006, 10:53
i saw it at my store only last week. try your local GW

erion
09-07-2006, 13:16
Not only can the FLGS get it, but the non-GW distributor they use for most of their other stuff can also get it.

I don't know why the Warstore would be unable to get it, aside from typical GW jackassery when it comes to independents.

robertsjf
09-07-2006, 19:00
The Warstore has been having issues recently with battalion/battlegroup boxes. Might've been the owner's absence (honeymoon) that caused the Warstore's stock to fall behind...

And I know 'cause I'm waiting on an IG battleforce...

god octo
09-07-2006, 21:11
I was trying to buy some death cult assassins from a shop off of ebay, but the seller couldnt get them from GW, as they had stopped sending them out, so maybe GW has stopped providing independant stockists with less popular lines?