PDA

View Full Version : Star wars themed 40k army

Plague Lord
06-12-2015, 12:32
Hi there as I am pretty pumped for the new star wars movie I started thinking of making a star wars themed army just for fun. It was a concept I thought of doing a while back and now I might actually do it.
My ideas so far:
Imperial guard:
+ Old kasrkin as stormtroopers - painted white and black they look like the recon bike stormtroopers. I know some one on here did an army like this a long time ago and it looked great.
+ Rough riders could be the aforementioned bike troopers with a nifty conversion
+ Armoured sentinels as AT-STs. How on earth did GW get away with that one without getting a lawsuit from lucas!?
+ Primaris psyker could be the emperor
+ Officers look pretty imperial like and valkyries would do as mobile transport

- hard to do a sith lord as all guard are pretty weak in CC

Eldar:
+ Warlocks and Farseers are basically jedi
+ With a decent paint job you could make direavengers/guardians work as clone troopers
+ Warwalkers as proto AT-STs
+ Jetbikes! Again the paint job and some converting.

If we had a kroot codex it would be possible to make the army of (Grand sith lord) Jar Jar binks but meh.

Any other ideas?? :)

A.T.
06-12-2015, 14:59
- hard to do a sith lord as all guard are pretty weak in CCYou can always add in the inquisition codex, or even an assassin.

This old starwars proxy force was witch hunters with inducted guard IIRC, complete with the scourging (force lightning) psychic power.

mostlyharmless
06-12-2015, 16:06
Now I want to make an Ad-Mech army of Jawas . . .

murgel2006
06-12-2015, 22:14

Just model a nice helmet and you can have Stormtroopers who actually do other things besides missing a lot of shots...

Vipoid
07-12-2015, 11:53
If it's any use, ColShaw did something similar a while back:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?349124-StarWars-Imperial-Guard-2000-Point-Army

He also did quite a few battle reports with them.

If you're thinking of Eldar, you could look into Corsairs. I mention them mainly because of the Corsair Prince - who has an Autarch statline, but can also be a Lv1 psyker with divination (Force Premonitions) or Telekinesis (Force Push). They also have Jetbikes, Jet Packs and Walkers that you could probably represent with ATSTs.

Regardless, my suggestion would be to go with whatever army you think you'll enjoy playing rulewise. Models and fluff will be much less of an issue because, in both cases, you'll basically be making your own. So, just make sure you're not going to put a lot of work in only to get fed up and abandon it or stop playing.

bittick
09-12-2015, 18:39

Just model a nice helmet and you can have Stormtroopers who actually do other things besides missing a lot of shots...

Not if you roll like I do.

ehlijen
09-12-2015, 21:36
I tried an army like that once, long before my conversion skills were up to the task.

I had:
Eldar
Farseers and warlocks with their swords replaced with necron glow sticks (including a single grot)
The old jetbikes looked very star wars if you left the rounded hood off and added some vertical vanes to the tips of the shuricats
guardians with filed down helmets for clone troopers
a modified sentinel as an ATST warwalker
ratlings with greenstuff cloaks as Jawas/rangers
heavily modded beastmen gors as wookies/wraithguard
Two jawas riding a carfnifex greenstuffed into a rancor as a wraithlord

Pretty much only got the grot with the lightsabre left, but it was also the only conversion that didn't look disgusting, so no loss really.