PDA

View Full Version : How does standard Warhammer Fantasy magic differ from End Times magic?

Buddy Bear
10-12-2015, 07:51
So I sold my copy of End Times: Khaine a while back, and now I've got a Fantasy game coming up, and I'm debating if it should be regular magic or End Times magic, but I forgot the difference. So what is the difference? I'd rather not have to buy the eBook to be reminded of how that works. Thanks.

Spiney Norman
10-12-2015, 08:05
So I sold my copy of End Times: Khaine a while back, and now I've got a Fantasy game coming up, and I'm debating if it should be regular magic or End Times magic, but I forgot the difference. So what is the difference? I'd rather not have to buy the eBook to be reminded of how that works. Thanks.

Basically the following applies
- Roll 4D6 for Winds of magic
- The power/dispel dice limit of 12 is removed
- The break concentration rule is ignored
- Each lore of magic has an 'end times spell', (which is usually one of their SoM spells) this spell is known by any Lvl 3+ wizard who knows the relevant lore.
- Some Spells can be cast more than once per phase as long as all previous attempts to cast the spell this phase have been successful, End times spells and any other spells with a casting value of 15+ may still only be attempted once whether they are successful or not.
- All wizards automatically know all the spells in all of the lores they normally use.
Wizards with the lore master rule may rerolls all casting results from their mastered lore.

- There is a change to the limit for dice you may use per casting, the dice limit is D6 dice per casting attempt, you roll the D6 to determine your dice limit immediately before you cast a spell, after you have declared which spell you are casting (you must always attempt the casting once you have declared it, even if it is impossible to succeed with the dice limit you have rolled, you must always roll at least one dice when making the attempt).
- The same thing applies when attempting to dispel your opponent's spells, the dice limit is D6, roll before each attempt made, minimum roll of 1 dice once you have committed to it.

Note that extra dice that may be added to a casting attempt not from the pool (such as from nagash's staff or night goblin magic mushrooms) are in addition to the dice limit rolled, your D6 is the number of pool dice you can use to cast/dispel the relevant spell.

scruffyryan
10-12-2015, 08:06
like 4d6 power dice everyones a lore master and you can the same spell til you fail i think

GrandmasterWang
12-12-2015, 01:43
Like Spiney said....

Unless you are playing a massive game I'd recommend sticking with 8th magic. Khaine is where the End Times started going down hill

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk