PDA

View Full Version : Advent 2015

Novacane
13-12-2015, 00:34
Is this year 40k just going to be paint guides and really rubbish novellas?

I mean last year we had Dataslates and other interesting things.. Now it seems the only dataslates is for AoS, which is really desperate of them, especially for the price they are asking.

blake
13-12-2015, 07:58
These paint guides have imho been an invaluable addition to the hobby. I haven't bought anything from GW in probably over 8 months and I still make it a point to go out and watch them. This Advent Calendar has been so far excellent.

I know its just my opinion but they are excellent. I don't give GW much credit for things these days, but their Painting videos on Youtube with Duncan have been superb (the new girl is growing me still, not sure how much i like her yet i think its the way she talks).

Novacane
13-12-2015, 11:52
forgive me if you cant colour me enthusiastic for having to pay ~3 for a painting guide that I've seen done better on YT for free, but I would agree that for some people, this is a good deal.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
13-12-2015, 19:35
forgive me if you cant colour me enthusiastic for having to pay ~3 for a painting guide that I've seen done better on YT for free, but I would agree that for some people, this is a good deal.

He's referring to the free painting videos, I think. Asian girl's aren't that useful to me, they seem aimed more at beginners and don't really fit my style, but the ones Duncan's doing have some surprisingly complicated tricks which I'd like to try out.

Marshal
13-12-2015, 20:15
He's referring to the free painting videos, I think. Asian girl's aren't that useful to me, they seem aimed more at beginners and don't really fit my style, but the ones Duncan's doing have some surprisingly complicated tricks which I'd like to try out.

Duncan is my hero. Watching him paint that ghostkeel a couple of weeks ago was amazing, just to see how little effort it takes to make something look decent. That coupled with the White Scars one taught me loads in such a short period of time. Emma on the other hand, though I've only watched one of her videos on how to paint tau from the T'au sept, she kinda lost me on just focusing on the armour plating and not so much on the material behind it as in she never touched on it, so not sure how much detail she actually goes into in the other videos she does.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GamesWorkshopWNT <--- their youtube link for Warhammer TV

Fen
13-12-2015, 21:43
They just posted the imperial fists yellow tutorial

I hate myself,the universe,all the chaos gods,the emperor and golden yellow even more when i see other people doing it so easily.Mine either looks crap or...

There is no or.

Is this year 40k just going to be paint guides and really rubbish novellas?
Considering there are just 2 painting guide in the advent calendar out of 13 issues so far (and from what i'm seeng from people actually reading them the shorts arent that bad,aside from being...well...shorts)...