PDA

View Full Version : ARCHAON Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse (playtest I) 8th Edition rules!

KevinC
16-12-2015, 17:48
Download the rules for Archaon the Everchosen, Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse (playtest version I) for your WFB 8th edition games over at the EEFL forum:

http://eefl.freeforums.net/thread/115/archaon-exalted-marshal-apocalypse-playtest

ArtificerArmour
16-12-2015, 18:58
not joining another forum to read it. sorry

Vulgarsty
16-12-2015, 19:43
Agreed, happy to read it if you post it here but I have better things to do than join yet another of the infinitude of fora out there.

Musiq
16-12-2015, 19:53
dido! ten chars

KevinC
16-12-2015, 19:56
Hey guys, FYI, it's not my intent to make you join a forum! Sorry if that's how it seems!

Cheers!

Vazalaar
16-12-2015, 20:11
Hmm, I am not a fan of the combined profiles that appeared in the End Times series. I am more a fan of the monstrous cavalry approach, but for a beast like this it isn't needed.

I quite like the heads abilities, but the rebirth of the Dark prince is of no use, when you reached 40 wounds, I assume you are already in turn 6.

@KevinC you should post your pdf here, otherwise you need to join your forum to view it.

The bellow is with what I came up with....

1200 Points

M
WS
BS
S
T
W
I
A
LD

Archaon

Dorghar
-

Archaon:

Unbreakable.
Eye of the Gods.
Chosen of the Gods (End Times Archaon).
His Time is come. (End Times Archaon).
The Swords of Chaos.(WoC)
Level 4 wizard

Equipment:

The Slayer of Kings (WoC).
The Armour of Morkar (WoC).
The Crown of Domination (WoC).
The Eye of Sheerian (WoC).

Dorghar:

Scaly skin 3+
Terror
Fly
Poison Attacks (not Lashing Tails attacks)
Daemonic Attacks .
Head of Nurgle: -1 to hit, regeneration 4+ (Dorghar only).
Head of Khorne: When charching +1 strength and Dorghar attacks have the Killing Blow special rule.
Head of Tzeentch: Level 2 wizard – Lore of Tzeentch (Dorghar only)
Lashing Tails: When in close combat Dorghar can chose to use the Lashing Tails special attack instead of its normal attacks: o Lashing Tails: Close combat phase, each unit in base contact needs to take 4D6 initiative test. Each models that fails the initiative test suffer 1 wound with no armour save allowed.

Evil Hypnotist
17-12-2015, 06:47
Nice idea, I was going to use the model as a Tzeentch Lord on dragon but I'm sure my local gaming buddies would let me do something like this. One point I would make is that Archaon needs to be Ld 10, being only one of three in the WoC 8th ed book who was.

GrandmasterWang
17-12-2015, 09:14
I probably prefer your rules Vazalaar however Ld 10 is a must.

The EEFL forums are a nice community and I'd recommend any fans of 8th Edition check it out.

The 8th Edition draft rules for the Stormcast and Khorghus Khul are especially tasty.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk