PDA

View Full Version : Using Mantic Werewolves in 8th

Vulgarsty
19-12-2015, 21:56
I quite fancy these but use Armybuilder (so want an existing entry to keep points the same) and want to develop something a bit different but no so different that other players refuse to play against them.

What do people think of me using the rules and points for Crypt Horrors, but swapping Poisoned Attacks for Frenzy, and swapping Regeneration for Vampiric?

Would that be fair, not outrageously different, but different enough to justify including them as a separate entry?

theunwantedbeing
19-12-2015, 22:32
You could just use them as crypt horrors and not bother with the rules alterations.

That said, the nerfs are pretty reasonable and I don't see why anyone would have any issues with them.
Ask your local group just to be sure.

Vulgarsty
19-12-2015, 23:12
You could just use them as crypt horrors and not bother with the rules alterations.

Yeah, I think to get them on the table with no disputes, a straight swap for Crypt Horrors is the best fit - werewolves in most mythologies infect others via their bite (ie poison) and I guess are somewhat regenerative (or actually "warded" a bit - thinking of the whole silver bullets thing) I figured some slight changes of equivalent gameplay effectiveness (so as not to meddle with points and rosters that I am far to lazy to handwrite these days) that were still fluffy (Werewolves are often depicted as fast (not actually shambling undead) and ferocious) just to distinguish them a bit in case I want to also field actual crypt gouls, but I agree the fluff also supports a straight substitution. Cheers

Ayin
21-12-2015, 14:06
I can't get to it right now, but I'm rather certain that Monstrous Arcanum has a Skinwalker/werewolf in it. Take a look at it, may fit better than proxying.

Vulgarsty
22-12-2015, 23:23
I can't get to it right now, but I'm rather certain that Monstrous Arcanum has a Skinwalker/werewolf in it. Take a look at it, may fit better than proxying.

Cheers, i don't have ma but i do have armybuilder. I think that will do nicely and doesnt tread on the toes of crypt horrors nor look home made and hence subjective.

Ayin
22-12-2015, 23:53
I suggest offering your opponent a selection of equal points from Monstrous/Storm of Magic, or having an agreed upon number of points from those sources ahead of time (and I also suggest sticking to the suggested monster to faction/race guide). It was a popular thing among tournaments and just fun.