PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Skaven 3v3, newly back

tewfik
01-01-2016, 04:52
This weekend I'm playing a 3v3 game with some friends 7th edition rules and 6th edition army books and I will be at the helm of a clan of Skaven. My allies will be Undead and Dark Elves, we will be up against Empire, Dwarves and Wood Elves. It has been years since I have played a full game of Fantasy so my army building skills are a bit rusty as I have been playing Mordheim when I have time. So just looking for pointers and/or suggestions or oversights. I am sure I am missing things and bringing thing that are less than helpful, I wanted to try to bring a fe Jezzails to pick-off some units. HALP! pls!

So far this is what I have: 1994 pts

Warlord
Heavy Armor
Shield
Dwarf Slayer
Warpstone Amulet

Chieftain
Battle Standard Bearer
Storm Banner

Warlock Engineer
Warp-blades
Upgraded warp energy condenser
supercharged warp power accumulator

Warlock Engineer
Warp-blades
Upgraded warp energy condenser
supercharged warp power accumulator

Clanrats: 30
Spears
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Warpfire Thrower

Clanrats: 25
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Ratling Gun

Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Ratling Gun

Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Ratling Gun

Clanrat Slaves: 40

Clanrat Slaves: 40

Plague Monks: 30
Musician
Standard Bearer
Deacon

Plague Censer Bearers: 5

Warp Lightning Cannon: 1

Geep
02-01-2016, 02:42
It's been a long time since I've played 6th/7th, but I like the look of the army. If you want to add Jezzails (a good idea, IMO) why not drop a Clanrat unit? Between you and the Undead player you've got plenty of infantry blocks. I'd also be tempted to add a few more monster-types as well- a couple of Rat Ogres maybe? Just to help your infantry win a few more combats, rather than relying on grinding the enemy down slowly.