Well, here it is:

4 Fan Factor: 40,000
3 Re-Rolls: 180,000
6 Linesmen: 300,000
2 Throwers: 140,000
2 StormVermin: 180,000
2 Gutter Runners: 160,000

Plan

Get the ball to the Gutter runners ASAP so they can leg it to the other side, use the Storm Vermin to (hopefully) hold up the S4+ opposition, whilst the throwers get the ball to the Gutter runners. the linesmen are there to....erm.... well, i dunno actually, probably to hold up anything they can :D

Jet
09-07-2006, 21:57
In a starting time, I would say you don't want your thrower going anywhere near the opposition, so I don't quite see the need for 2 of them.

In case you do get the 1 thrower injured, then you still have gutters to pick up with their AG4 and go with a fast moving cage, perhaps using the other gutter runner on a decoy line. Then you can pass to him (Ag4 to Ag4 is good) or the opposition blitz him, meaning they won't be blitzing opening your cage.

raged_norm
09-07-2006, 22:39
In that line up, I'd drop a thrower (-70K), A re-roll (-60k) and add a gutter runner (+80K) and use the final 50K for fan factor. If this is a league a high starting fan factor will be very inportant and a 13 man starting line-up puts you in good stead for early injuries/deaths

stormshaft
10-07-2006, 10:23
Actually, I'm looking around for anti-skaven tactics. My friend and most frequent opponent plays with 4 Ninja Mice (Gutter Runners) 2 Storm Vermin and 6 line-rats.
And I have yet to win against him. He hasn't played one game with this team when he didn't score at least 3 TD's.
At the moment I try to coach a Chaos Dwarf team, and I can't seem to get hold of all (or any) those gutter runners.

So my tactical advice is, drop the throwers and go for the ninja mice attack! Those nasty little rats have ag4 and are perfect for everything concering ball handling.

Autobot HQ
10-07-2006, 13:35
Chaos Dwarf shouldn't have a problem with the Ninja Mice as long as you cover those crowd lines with a blocker. They eat mice. And then laugh.

I wouldn't drop a RR, buy them now whilst they are cheap. I'd say two ninja rats are enough to start with, drop a thrower and buy more FF, save 20k for your apoth after the next game.

A-HQ

Bork
11-07-2006, 19:45
Are stormvermin really worth it? You get block and an extra point of AV for 40k.
Use that gold for extra gutterrunners instead.

Alco Engineer
12-07-2006, 03:47
I find skaven only ever need 1 thrower. If placed correctly he can reach any point on the pich in the fist turn (with M7) and can at least get to the ball (if its on the very edge of the pitch your opponent's either gambling or is lucky!)

Take a third gutter runner. Gutter runners will win you the game. No matter how poorly you're getting trounced, if you can run around him (don't forget that dodge skill and an agility of 4!) you can normally score a touchdown within 2 turns of getting the ball.

And yes Bork. Stormvermin are very worth it IMO. Without them you don't really have anyone that can stand up to a big guy (nothing's funnier than when a black orc hits a storm vermin and rolls a skull and a "double knock down" and the stormvermin stays standing. The AV can make a BIG difference as well as it's 1 and a hlaf times more likely to get past armour 7 than armour 8.

Linesmen make good defenders of the gutter runners as they're as strong as a normal orc or dwarf etc so I normally use them to protect the ball carrier.

I usually take 3-4 gutter runners (normally start with 3 in a campaign and then buy one as my first recruit) Put 2 in one wide zone and one with a linesman on the other. Dont stand against the sideline! and always start 1 square off the halfway mark. Use the linesmen to bulk out the line of scrimmage and maybe hold 2 off the half way line. Put your thrower so he's in the exact middle (not incl end zones) so he can reach the ball.

Good luck Rabid Bunny! Have fun. They're a great team (I've been playing them for over 12 years - I haven't been playing blood bowl all the time in that period though) and have never lost a game and only drawn once. If used correctly they can be devistating. They are fragile though so look after those gutter runners and buy an apothecary as soon as possible.

Bork
12-07-2006, 13:42
And yes Bork. Stormvermin are very worth it IMO. Without them you don't really have anyone that can stand up to a big guy (nothing's funnier than when a black orc hits a storm vermin and rolls a skull and a "double knock down" and the stormvermin stays standing. The AV can make a BIG difference as well as it's 1 and a hlaf times more likely to get past armour 7 than armour 8.

Fair enough, Ive done that alot with the troll in my orc team. :cries:

By the way, whats the general opinion on rat ogres? Are they worth having and should they be included in the starting line up?

Keravin
12-07-2006, 14:16
They are worth getting later on, but they are too much of a points sink for a starting lineup.

Rabid Bunny 666
12-07-2006, 22:14
Goodgood, hopefully i'll invest in a pack of Clanrats or Gutter runners in two or three weeks.

sarcasmo
15-07-2006, 21:36
actually big guys are really useful in a starting lineup, considering a R ogre is twice the points of a stormvermin and will be able to get some quick injuries on their team early on, they are wicked!

get a R ogre to start with and place him on one of the sidelines with a linesman, he can punch a hole easily in the flank for a gutter runner to run through