PDA

View Full Version : Save stacks?

Wocattack42
07-01-2016, 18:54
Hey everyone I have a quistion about 8th edition fantasy.

When you have your various saves, how exactly do they stack? Or to be more precise, what save stack with what? For example, an armour save obviously doesnt stack with a ward save, but does, say, a scaly skin save stack with an armour save or ward save, or is it sepperate.

If someone could provide a short list on which saves tack with which then i would be very grateful.

theunwantedbeing
07-01-2016, 19:43
It's fairly simple.

Armour saves
These stack with other armour, upto 1+.
Scaly skin is an armour save.

Ward saves
These don't stack and you simply use the best one available to you if you have more than one.
Regen is a ward save*.
Parry is a ward save.

You get to take both an Armour and a Ward save against damage.

*okay, so it's not really a ward save, it just functions almost the same as one with a few exceptions which can be found in the rulebook under regen and saves.

Wocattack42
07-01-2016, 20:39
what about a parry save?

Mr_Rose
07-01-2016, 21:33
what about a parry save?

No such thing. Go re-read the Parry rule and it will tell you what sort of save you get.

Choombatta
19-01-2016, 21:59
It's fairly simple.

Armour saves
These stack with other armour, upto 1+.
Scaly skin is an armour save.

Ward saves
These don't stack and you simply use the best one available to you if you have more than one.
Regen is a ward save.
Parry is a ward save.

You get to take both an Armour and a Ward save against damage.

Regeneration is NOT a ward save.
It is "like" a ward save.

As example, the Mark of Tzeentch, which gives a model a 6+ ward save OR increases an existing ward save by +1 does not affect a Regeneration save.
Something that affects Regeneration saves (say Festus) will not affect a ward save.

theunwantedbeing
20-01-2016, 00:16
Regeneration is NOT a ward save.
It is "like" a ward save.

It is how I've explained how ward saves worked.
I'll amend the post though incase the OP is confused.

Functionally, Regen is just a special type of ward save.
This was done to kerb the power creep effect where certain characters and units had access to both sorts of saves making them unreasonably hard to kill.