PDA

View Full Version : Age of Sigmar Map?

saberslash127
09-01-2016, 05:36
Is there a map that depicts the world the Age of Sigmar universe is currently living within? I'm planning a small game with a friend and I just want to know a nice background setting for the battle...

Dosiere
09-01-2016, 05:50
Not really, at least not if you mean how the planes or planets or whatever look like all together. At least not that I know of. Like settings like Planescape it seems the planes of existence in AoS may be infinite anyway, so it might be hard to draw a map! Considering all that and the fact that there isn't much filling up the space even if there were a map at this point I strongly encourage you to just make up your own.

Here's an example of the types of maps in the books right now. Again, I'm not 100% on this but my understanding is that everything is infinite.

Spiney Norman
09-01-2016, 07:49
I'm not sure the realms are actually 'infinite', just very large and mostly unexplored right now. Eight infinite realms sitting next to each other would present something of a metaphysical problem...

Iirc there was a similar map for the brimstone peninsular in one of the other books. The way the AoS lore is developing is to give you a story to play through with your miniatures rather than a finished setting. I would guess that by the time the current narrative has run its course and they've finished releasing all the armies they have planned (assuming that will take 2-3 years at least), the setting will be much more complete.

StealthKnightSteg
09-01-2016, 08:46
The realms are so big that one person could not travel it within it's lifespan was mentioned somewhere.

bdc92
09-01-2016, 10:37
Hopefully we see some kind of map eventually, would be interesting.

Ben
09-01-2016, 11:10
Hopefully we see some kind of map eventually, would be interesting.

There is a map, it was published by GW.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fcoc-vs-battles/images/d/d0/Age_Of_Sigmar_Map.png/revision/latest?cb=20150908200612

It all happens on some sort of space station.

Zywus
09-01-2016, 11:26
I think that picture is just Sigmaron or whatever the Sigmar capitol is named. Most action takes place other places in those (perhaps)-infinite realms made of fire/metal/etc.

Dosiere
09-01-2016, 11:46
Considering everything, I don't think metaphysics is a design concern. Sigmaron is literally a space station surrounding a giant ball of Sigmarite that apparently flies around in a vacuum around the realm of Azyr, which has an undefined size. So..... yeah.

Vladyhell
09-01-2016, 16:14
In the 1st book when describing the Orruks it tells how Gorkamorka led the Waaagh 'from one end of the eight realms to the other,leaving behind a wake of utter devastation.Upon reaching the edge of nothingness-the abyssal World's End- Gorkamorka turned about and set off to do it again'.

The realms don't strike me as being infinite.Big yes but infinite no.

Col. Tartleton
09-01-2016, 16:29
I think that picture is just Sigmaron or whatever the Sigmar capitol is named. Most action takes place other places in those (perhaps)-infinite realms made of fire/metal/etc.

The whole ring world structure is Azyrheim. The smaller structure that looks like a moon orbiting Mallus is Sigmaron. We think.

Spiney Norman
09-01-2016, 22:13
The realms are so big that one person could not travel it within it's lifespan was mentioned somewhere.

Which indicates dimensions, just very large dimensions, which is fine, one of the things GW wanted to do with AoS was give us space to write our own stories rather than be ransomed to a mostly filled-out setting as well as having the option to playing along with their narrative if we want to.