PDA

View Full Version : Bring the beard, lets see and talk of the most brutal lists and tactics 2016

Latro_
11-01-2016, 10:07
Ok so went to a tourney on the weekend with my chaos, and i feel a bit deflated... 40k really seems (to me at least) at the minute to have massive massive gaps between some units armies etc. Maybe i'm just bitter i got tabled twice (never been tabled in 20 years!) at one event and even more bitter when you think back and say to your self 'there was nothing i could of done differently' that one really grates me as it conjures the feeling of it not a tactical war game anymore it feels like top trumps :D

But that aside it got me thinking... what is the worst most beardy cheesed up lists you'v seen, would run or even take going into 2016? lets go 1850pts... have at it. Standard tourney style rules no detachment spam, no unbound, FW is allowed etc.

Spiney Norman
11-01-2016, 10:50
Ok so went to a tourney on the weekend with my chaos, and i feel a bit deflated... 40k really seems (to me at least) at the minute to have massive massive gaps between some units armies etc. Maybe i'm just bitter i got tabled twice (never been tabled in 20 years!) at one event and even more bitter when you think back and say to your self 'there was nothing i could of done differently' that one really grates me as it conjures the feeling of it not a tactical war game anymore it feels like top trumps :D

But that aside it got me thinking... what is the worst most beardy cheesed up lists you'v seen, would run or even take going into 2016? lets go 1850pts... have at it. Standard tourney style rules no detachment spam, no unbound, FW is allowed etc.

I think it would be a toss-up between Decurion necrons with canoptek auxiliaries and scatter bike Eldar hosts with maxed out wraith Knights, at least that still seems to be the cheese of choice around here. There is probably a twinked out tau build that can challenge the top spot, but I don't see much tau locally so I couldn't tell you what it is.

Balance in 40k is at the worst I have seen it in over a decade, it has got steadily worse since the end of 5th and with the introduction of super heavies to the basic game and broken formations I can't imagine how people seriously expect to play 40k with a *spike* attitude any more.

A.T.
11-01-2016, 11:41
But that aside it got me thinking... what is the worst most beardy cheesed up lists you'v seen, would run or even take going into 2016? lets go 1850pts... have at it. Standard tourney style rules no detachment spam, no unbound, FW is allowed etc.The top lists from the mid 2015 BAO tournament (1850pt limit, pre-dating the new tau) were-

1) Daemons and CSM - four flying MCs including fateweaver and belakor, (the CSM side just bringing belakor, a helldrake, and some cultists).
2) Admech and Blood Angels - a bare minimum war convocation with all the freebies, drop pods from the flesh tearers detachment, and a culexus to break invisibility.
3) Tau - a shed load of suits (farsight), missilesides, riptide, and tetras.
4) Eldar and Dark Eldar - a mass of scatterbikes, a wraithknight, aspect host, crimson hunter, and a DE venom to provide open topped assault

5th spot when to a CSM list. Don't know what they fielded but i'm curious.

Minigiant
11-01-2016, 11:51
and a culexus to break invisibility.

Tau fall into this trap. In formats that allow only 3 formations, Tau automatically lose one for this because its an auto include. Tau have no other option available to them

Draconis
11-01-2016, 19:54
I must have mis-read the title...

But I brought it anyway :D:skull:

www.imgur.com/soxys6v