PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Aspect Shrine?

inq.serge
15-01-2016, 21:28
"Hello Fellow Eldar! You are now join favourite shrine of Eldar Aspect Warrior. What Shrine you honourable new member of?"

Most people I talk to has the same favourite aspect shrine as me, so, I'm wondering, which is the most popular, so to say, shrine? Which is your favourite, which would you join if you where a Xeno Scum Honourable eldar, and why, what makes it appeal to you?

Orkusmorkus
15-01-2016, 22:47
Gotta be Warp Spiders.

Tactical jumps through the Warp is bada$$ery at its finest, and the idea of monofilament weaponry is rather original by sci-fi standards.

badguyshaveallthefun
15-01-2016, 23:05
Gotta be Crimson Hunters. The idea of screaming across the skies of a battlefield at breathtaking speeds while bringing death to my opponents brings an enormous grin to my face.

Marshal
15-01-2016, 23:28
I also went with Crimson Hunters as it's the only one that I use in game :) but seriously, the unholy firepower of 4 S8 AP2 shots coming out of that thing is amazing and relatively cheap for its points.

Azazyll
16-01-2016, 00:34
Seconding Warp Spiders, loved them since I first started twenty years ago (same models, among the first I bought). That exarch still looks dynamic and badass. Tearing through the warp to appear from nowhere behind the enemy, covering them in razor sharp webs, only to teleport away again. And best of all, based on the crystaline creatures that guard the infinity circuit from warp predators.

They need a phoenix lord so bad.

Malagor
16-01-2016, 00:40
I always liked the banshees.

Dr.Clock
16-01-2016, 03:50
Scorpions - space elf ninjas with fricken plasma guns on their FACE.

Dark Reapers second, then spiders, then dragons for me...

Cheers,

The Good Doctor

SniperLum
16-01-2016, 09:49
Warp spiders, warriors that risk soul and life,they can virtually kill everything.

Snake Tortoise
16-01-2016, 12:19
I like swooping hawks. I've occasionally been tempted to do a fast, manoeuvrable eldar army that plays as I think eldar should play, but without new plastic kits for hawks and warp spiders I was put off, and then eldar became so powerful I completely lost interest in them. If they ever become a normal power level faction I might be interested but until then I'm not interested and prefer to be a hater

Novacane
16-01-2016, 12:21
Why is there no option for Incubi?

Lord Damocles
16-01-2016, 12:24
Slicing Orbs.

Killgore
16-01-2016, 14:51
Crimson Hunters

Last game I used them in, a wing of three were responsible for destroying a Reaver titan's Void shields, allowing a Phantom titan to one shot the reaver with a Pulsar.

they then spent the rest of the battle taking on enemy vehicles and air targets.

Second place goes to Warp Spiders, so mobile!

Denny
16-01-2016, 15:00
Scorpions. And I liked them back in second edition where Banshees were objectively so much better. ;)

Smooth Boy
16-01-2016, 17:20
Tough choice between striking scorpions and warp spiders but I had to go warp spiders in the end, very cool fluff and fun to use but Jesus their models are hideous they need new ones asap.

Sai-Lauren
16-01-2016, 17:36
The ones that made me go and buy aspect warriors when the originally came out were the Swooping Hawks, then the Howling Banshees.

Fangschrecken
16-01-2016, 18:06
Scorpions all the way. I like the idea of scuttering around the battlefield ambushing people with face guns and power claws.

Lycannus
16-01-2016, 18:12
Dragons. Fuegan and his dragons have been part of my army since 2nd Ed.

Angelwing
16-01-2016, 20:16
Banshees. Loved the second ed models. (but in all honesty, I love all the second ed aspect models)

murgel2006
17-01-2016, 15:03
Shining Spears, medium fire power and CC because both are knightly too.

The crimson Hunters would not be it for me because I like the Nightwing better and if there were an aspect flying those I would be tempted...

librisrouge
17-01-2016, 17:08
Dark Reapers, the uncaring, apathetic, almost distant, act of killing. All foes beneath them in death's embrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mog
17-01-2016, 20:10
Fire Dragons first, their aesthetic and combat style seem very badass. Then there is the attitude of their Shrine, and they have a total boss to look up to in Fuegan.
Shining Spears next. Think they could look better, probably with different jetbikes, but their combat style is very dynamic. Wish there was some more lore to them.
Then Dark Reapers: their inception as a Shrine is just awesome.

Shakkara
18-01-2016, 15:47
Shining Spears, Dark Reapers and Crimson Hunters are my favourites.

duffybear1988
19-01-2016, 15:14
Shining spears have always been my favourite.

Perversor
19-01-2016, 17:23
Warp spiders all due Adrian Wood fault.

One of my first White Dwarfs an Ig/Eldar vs Nids battle (Ian/Adrian vs Andy ) and it amazed me how the eldar forces thanks to the spiders where capable to outrun for so long the nid army with hit and run tactics.

Swooping Hawks and Shinning spears come in 2nd position.

P.S: i miss the template spiders :cries:

Orkusmorkus
19-01-2016, 18:36
P.S: i miss the template spiders :cries:

Oh no now you've reminded me as well :(

They would work so well with the current rules too

corrm
19-01-2016, 20:19
From a purely aesthetic point of view, I really like the Howling Banshees. I think they have pretty decent rules at the moment, though not too familiar with them.

Imperialis_Dominatus
22-01-2016, 18:23
Strikig Scorpions. The Orkiest Eldar.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/1706268/images/1210490136119.jpg

Saunders
22-01-2016, 20:23
I'll vouch Dire Avengers, the aspect of Khaine the noble warrior. They're the most common aspect but one of the more humble, as opposed to the more exotic aspects.

Sai-Lauren
23-01-2016, 14:19
Shining spears have always been my favourite.
Like the idea of them, but the models are awful IMO - like someone came up with the idea but gave the sculptor 20 seconds to come up with the model, so it was just a new torso for the existing guardian jet bike kit. And to be honest, the same applies for Crimson Hunters - a couple of extra bits for the Hemlock and that's it.

Hopefully when they finally get redone to use the new Eldar jetbikes, they'll look a whole lot better.

Eldartank
23-01-2016, 16:54
The Dire Avengers are my favorite, mainly because I love the look of the models (both old metal and new plastic), and I like the idea of a very common, numerous ubiquitous aspect shrine.

Edited to add: I was able to modify my old metal Dire Avenger models. They originally had those stubby little Shuriken Catapults. I was fortunate to have several extra arms with the longer Shuriken Catapults (from those old Guardian models that came with both the lasguns and the optional shuriken catapults). So I cut the little guns off the metal models and pinned on the larger Shuriken Catapults, and now my old metal Dire Avengers look really sharp with those long guns similar to the new plastic Dire Avenger models.

Robin5t
23-01-2016, 21:26
I'd also say the Dire Avengers - I like their models and their simplicity. Every other Aspect shrine is good at, say, ambushing, or hit and run, or aerial combat, or slicing up power-armoured enemies - the Dire Avengers are simply good at soldiering, and that really appeals to me.

Scribe of Khorne
23-01-2016, 23:48
Strikig Scorpions. The Orkiest Eldar.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/1706268/images/1210490136119.jpg

Awesome, they are my favorite as well.

Eldartank
24-01-2016, 00:01
I'd also say the Dire Avengers - I like their models and their simplicity. Every other Aspect shrine is good at, say, ambushing, or hit and run, or aerial combat, or slicing up power-armoured enemies - the Dire Avengers are simply good at soldiering, and that really appeals to me.

I think that is just what I was trying to say, but I couldn't quite find the right words. "The Dire Avengers are simply good at soldiering, and that really appeals to me." ;)

Bonzai
24-01-2016, 01:23
Warp Spiders

Dawn of War 2 was pure wish fulfillment for me, and it was awesome!

Fluff wise, these guys have juevos made of wraith bone. Willing to sacrifice their very soul to an eternity of torment by the literal living embodiment of sadism, just so they can effectively kill you. That's just hard core!

Plus their kit makes them nearly all rounders, which is extremely rare for Eldar. Death spinners, power blades, and haywire grenades. Combined with near matchless maneuverability, what's not to love?

Tarquinius
24-01-2016, 09:32
Banshees. Theyve inspired me to finally start an eldar army

astrocortex
24-01-2016, 15:28
I was really tempted to vote for the Striking Scorpions but in the end Swooping Hawks got my vote. They were the first aspect warriors I ever bought, at the tail end of the rogue trader era and I've always loved the look of them.

Robin5t
24-01-2016, 19:29
Going to be honest, though. They're all pretty great.

Geep
24-01-2016, 21:12
I like Howling Banshees- though it's a shame they haven't been very good in game for a long time. I still remember when they, like Genestealers, were actually feared.

Striking Scorpions is a close second, though the Path of the Eldar books knocked them down a peg for me. I now find it hard not to think of the Exarch as pathetic and love-sick, and need to stop trying to get him killed ASAP.

WarsmithGarathor94
24-01-2016, 21:30
Either dire.avengers fire dragons or dark reapers
Dire avengers due to the fact they are kind of flexible
Fire dragons due to the fact that to me they say siege experts (funnily.enough my new loyalist army is a home brew fists successor )
Dark reapers because to some extent they remind me of the Iron Warriors who are one of my favorite traitor legions :p

Orkusmorkus
25-01-2016, 04:25
Oh I didn't realise the poll question was: Which shrine would I join?

In that case: Howling Banshees, as an oilboy :D