PDA

View Full Version : Battlewagon Bits

Shipmonkey
10-07-2006, 11:22
Has anyone hear order from this company before? If so who quick was the order recieved and how was the customer service? Thanks.

http://bwbits.com/

Unseeing Eye
10-07-2006, 11:31
I'm waiting on an order of 48 Battle of Macragge Genestealers right now--should be here within a few days. They've been very good with answering my questions and I've heard good reports elsewhere on this forum.

jahorin
10-07-2006, 12:52
i've ordered from them a couple of time. no problem at all.

time wizard
10-07-2006, 12:56
Ditto, I've ordered from them a few times. Everything arrived fairly quickly and was as advertised.

Tooooon
10-07-2006, 13:31
Say, anybody know of any UK equivilants to this?

athamas
10-07-2006, 13:38
non that i know of, though warseer's trading forum can usuallyget most of what you want.. .

Lyinar
10-07-2006, 13:44
I ordered some of the plastic Stealth Suits from them back when they were only available in the Army Box, and they got to me pretty quickly with no problems.

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 13:45
Might order some bits from them. Want a crashed aquila which from them is about 4, and shipping is relatively cheap even to me in the UK.

Jedi152
10-07-2006, 13:57
Looks good - shipping to the UK is a couple of quid - and just like cookie, i want that shuttle, and i wouldn;t mind some bits off the guard tank sprue.

Seems odd they don't sell bits of what could easily be their best seller - the giant sprues.

asmodai650
10-07-2006, 14:01
Just got a bunch of stuff from them. 30 tacticals, 1 command squad, 1 commander, 2 assualt squads, and various bitz for $170. Easy to deal with and great customer service. Quick shipping. I will probably start getting the majority of my stuff from them from now on. I highly reccomend them.

DragonPup
10-07-2006, 14:01
I ordered from them once and it took like 3 weeks. Mainly because they shipped my order to the wrong address. :-|

schoon
10-07-2006, 23:30
I ordered a collection of bits and had no problems at all. Pretty decent customer service.

grumpy grot
11-07-2006, 02:39
I ordered the mini rulebook from them, as I couldn't source one here in Australia. Only took 10 days (OK for international mail). I intend to use them more often. Impressed with the service.

grave digger
11-07-2006, 04:02
I've ordered three times from them. Zero problem each time and great deals too boot.

Diggs

Tycho
11-07-2006, 05:41
Arent they in violation of GW's online store rules?

Jedi152
11-07-2006, 08:10
I actually sat and wondered that last night - why hasn't GW shut them down yet? Or is that on the horizon for the near future...?

Emperor's Grace
11-07-2006, 17:57
I would think that depends on their business model.

GW can legally not sell to them at wholesale and could also encourage distributors to cut them off by threatening loss of business but they would have little way to prevent a person buying at retail and reselling pieces.

At least without going after them for the more difficult IP violation. And that may not even fly as they are using actual pics they made of the product and not GW imagery.

It would be akin to going after any one individual selling off pieces of a set that they bought and dont use. Almost impossible. Coke can't sue you for selling the other 5 cans out of a six pack. (They could, however, make sure that the local authorities found out about your lack of a peddler's liscense, if you did it repeatedly or refuse to wholesale/distribute to you.)

Red Corsair
11-07-2006, 19:32
I inquired about this actually. In his own words, "I'm not breaking of GW's rules, if they were smart, they'd hire me do this for them". (from memory of course, I might be a word or two off) In my opinion, they are quite convenient, I've made several purchases from them in the past few months.

insaniak
11-07-2006, 22:32
You're only bound by GW's selling rules if you have a trade account with GW. If he's buying his stock elsewhere, as I do, he can do what he wants with it.

Chem-Dog
11-07-2006, 23:23
Say, anybody know of any UK equivilants to this?

I have been seriously considering starting a similar scheme actually, it would be interesting to see if there was any interest...

Eulenspiegel
11-07-2006, 23:38
Considering the entry after "location" below your avatar, I´d rather not buy anything from you :p
Still, something like this in Europe would be highly practical. I´m about to place a medium-going-large order myself but are a little cautious because of the "overseas" factor.

Ana Su
11-07-2006, 23:54
I've ordered three times from them. Zero problem each time and great deals too boot.

Diggs

This is great news, I'm looking to buy from them for the first time myself.

insaniak
12-07-2006, 00:09
For those looking for different countries, just do a search on eBay...

When I started doing this a little over a year ago, I was about the only one doing it on a regular basis. Now, though... there's at least a dozen guys from the US, UK or Australia (they're the main ones I've come across, there may be some from other countries) selling bits either through ebay auction or stores. So plenty to choose from, wherever you're from.