PDA

View Full Version : HH: War Without End

Spellfire
25-02-2016, 09:09
I've just started reading this and the first two stories were immediately familiar but I could not place them - I take it therefore the stories are repeats and have been previously published elsewhere.

...will be a bit annoyed if the book if full of repeats...and it kinda indicates how messy HH has become if I can't keep track of what short stories have already been read....

nagash66
25-02-2016, 09:17
I've just started reading this and the first two stories were immediately familiar but I could not place them - I take it therefore the stories are repeats and have been previously published elsewhere.

...will be a bit annoyed if the book if full of repeats...and it kinda indicates how messy HH has become if I can't keep track of what short stories have already been read....

As far as i know everything in there has been out before either in a limited or audio format.

veterannoob
25-02-2016, 11:01
All of those stories have been in print in once-limited ed. Beyond that, maybe 30-40% have already been released as audio books as well. This...this is tough for my weak willpower concerning BL and ESPECIALLY HH. It's still $50 for the audio book but no separate options for stories not yet published as audio. I expect this because when Legacies of Betrayal came out BL was good enough to record audio for all those stories contained which haven't already been produced as audio. It was more expensive but in the end if you only bought the never-before released stuff as I did you actually saved quite a chunk of change instead of having to rebuy them.

Sorry to bring bad news. But please do share your thoughts on the book content.

DarkChaplain
25-02-2016, 16:39
Most of them were available as ebooks by the time the book hit. All but 4 iirc. They are from The Imperial Truth, Death and Defiance, Sedition's Gate and Blades of the Traitor.

However, this collection is damn great for its price and volume of content. It collects a massive amount of the wayward short stories for the main book series.

Tymell
26-02-2016, 00:01
As DarkChaplain says, you get a great amount of content for the price, and for me, the stories are also pretty consistently good. The only story I didn't really like was The Harrowing (and I'm not a fan of Rob Sanders' work generally), everything else was good, or at least acceptable, and you've got some great ones in there like Twisted, The Devine Adoratrice, Daemonology, Sermon of Exodus, Gunsight, The Laurel of Defiance, A Safe and Shadowed Place...