PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's Champion

Hortwerth
10-07-2006, 18:24
I think I finally finished this model:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9113/ecwipcompilation5cw.jpg

Only the banner was to do, and I finished it on Friday:
http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/1493/eccompleted6wo.jpg

Now I hope the client will be happy with it.

Cheatah
10-07-2006, 18:29
No doubt he will...

wally
10-07-2006, 18:33
they really need to add the option to post a blank page couse words arnt good enuf

FearFrost
10-07-2006, 18:42
I love the striped effect on the armor, it looks weathered but not TOO weathered.

I love the weapons choices, although I think the sword looks bent in this shot:

Edit: thought they were seperate pics. The side shot with wings and sword and halberd.

Its probably just the angle.

The base isnt done, right?

Brian

Metal Fingered Villain
10-07-2006, 19:05
Wow, I already saw most of these shots in you Emperor thread but still, its amazing. The banner is spiffy, always a pleasure to see you work. Now finish that damn emperor.

Nemesis Inferno
10-07-2006, 19:29
Best two poses for me are the two swords and LCs...

I don't like the wings on him personally, makes him look TOO big if you get my idea...

But still, tis a fantastic model, puts mine to a little corner of shame...Though mine doesn't use the metal model ;)

Yorkiebar
10-07-2006, 19:36
Magnetic arms = teh win.

Some beautiful painting there and the variety of poses and wargear is wonderful.

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 19:44
Thats another fantastic model.

Btw i voted for you as the most helpful poster!

Hortwerth
10-07-2006, 19:53
Thats another fantastic model.

Btw i voted for you as the most helpful poster!

No way! I don't usually give a f... helpful word!

The base indeed looks a bit plain, I may add a bit of toxic grass to it.

The sword is damn straight, just the lines on its sides (the ones defining angles of the blade) are curved - they make the sword look elegant, but from one angle make the sword look like it is thinner in one place or something.

Magnetic arms + magnetic head + magnetic backpack = teh win!!1! ;)

Ezekius
10-07-2006, 20:44
they really need to add the option to post a blank page couse words arnt good enuf

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking... :D

Endemion
10-07-2006, 21:14
HOW many arms? Great painting from you as ever, but the level of customisability is just amazing

Yodhrin
10-07-2006, 21:21
That banner is stunning.

Out of interest Hortwerth, do you think someone has to have a proper education in art to be a successful mini painter/sculptor, or can the needed skills and techniques be self-taught?

Hortwerth
10-07-2006, 21:28
I'm a walking, talking, painting and sculpting example that self-learning should do. And a bit of a talent (like, I was drawing and painting and building things since I was a kid) too.

I had no extra art classes whatsoever anywhen. I'm Master of Business Administration.

However, talking and discussing with other painters I find of great help. Watching what they do, asking how, etc.

athamas
10-07-2006, 22:13
i agree with Hortwerth for learning.. paying attention to all sorts of things will get you along way, as will just messing around..

learn so much from your mistakes..

Muffe
10-07-2006, 22:24
Thats a very nice champion!

And a awesome banner you have painted there!

yeah as sais. You learn so much from your mistakes.

Practise makes master as they say. :)

Unseeing Eye
10-07-2006, 22:42
You're a jerk. :p

Seriously, were you in some sort of industrial accident involving paint and radiation one day?

...Fantastic, as always.

WillFightForFood
10-07-2006, 23:21
It is... amazing... Really the only word I could use.

Just one question though. Those swords he's holding in the second picture, where did they come from? Did you make them?

Metal Fingered Villain
11-07-2006, 02:50
I'm a walking, talking, painting and sculpting example that self-learning should do. And a bit of a talent (like, I was drawing and painting and building things since I was a kid) too.

I had no extra art classes whatsoever anywhen. I'm Master of Business Administration.

However, talking and discussing with other painters I find of great help. Watching what they do, asking how, etc.
I completely agree was well. I picked up a brush and just started from square one teaching myself how to do things, reading up on techniques etc. I also self taught myself how to sculpt and am still learning so verymuch how to do things.

ardyer
11-07-2006, 02:55
I'm sure you're sick of all the praise ;) but that shield blew me away!

Hortwerth
11-07-2006, 07:36
Just one question though. Those swords he's holding in the second picture, where did they come from? Did you make them?

Two swords are plastic Beastmen cleavers, with the ring at the top cut off and detail just painted.

Sleazy
11-07-2006, 08:51
i hate you Hortworth, i really do, you make me sad when I see my own models

The boyz
11-07-2006, 09:26
Wow Hortwerth fantastic work, he looks superb. The paint job is awesome. I love the colour of his power armour, the streaked effect to the power armour looks great as well. My favourite parts though have to be the shield and the banner, the freehand on both of these items is brilliant.

ben8s8
11-07-2006, 09:35
i hate you Hortworth, i really do, you make me sad when I see my own models

I get that feeling from most people here

NAVARRO
11-07-2006, 14:07
Love it, i have to confess im not a big fan of magnets but you almost make me forget they are magnetised arms... nice colors and original ideas there. Keep it going i always like to see your work.

maraxis
11-07-2006, 14:21
Incredible, this guy gets his money's worth in spades.

Excellent work, esp the banner!!! How could the client not like it, and if he does not, let me know and I will take it off his hands!!!

slaaneshes_own
11-07-2006, 14:32
.................................................. ........

Excessively cool!

Joe