PDA

View Full Version : How can I get an Exorcist tank now days?

Blink
03-04-2016, 10:29
Or anything related to Sisters of Battle for that matter. It looks like GW doesn't sell them online anymore and many of the Sisters models are over costed. Doesn't look like the rumors are pointing to them releasing new models for them anytime soon either. Anyone have any other resources to recommend?

Kakapo42
03-04-2016, 10:37
Last I checked GW still sold them where I am (NZ). Immolators, on the other hand... :cries:

Havarel
03-04-2016, 12:14
They are available through entirely illegal means, but that isn't something to discuss here.

Or Ebay?

Darnok
03-04-2016, 12:22
They are sold on the GW online store. :eyebrows:

Malagor
03-04-2016, 12:31
Still available at the GW store in my country.

A.T.
03-04-2016, 12:41
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Sisters-of-Battle-Exorcist
(or as appropriate for your country).

Currently the majority of (what little remains of) the line is unavailable in the US but is expected to return when more stock is shipped over. The exceptions are the blessed banner and dialogus who look to be gone for good, though the dialogus is still temporarily in stock in some areas.

If you are looking for the forgeworld exorcist then you are out of luck, it was discontinued last year.

Blink
03-04-2016, 18:51
Ah, like half the stuff doesn't come up from typing "Sisters of Battle" into the search bar at the Games Workshop website so that's why I didn't come across the Exorcist tank. But still, almost all the stuff that is online is "Temporarily Out of Stock" including the Battle Sisters models. The models seem to be packaged in a very expensive manner as well coming just 3 at a time for $17.25 or $80 for the 10 model squad.

Not much luck on Ebay either at the moment. Guess there's always hope they'll come out with plastic kits.

A.T.
03-04-2016, 23:42
They are listed under adepta sororitas rather than sisters of battle - the top option on the list beneath the warhammer 40,000 armies tab on the left.

The sisters box sets were discontinued late 2009/early 2010 and they've lost around a third of their range since then (not counting the henchmen). The rest of the models go in and out of stock fairly frequently as GW seems to only make small runs of them.

-------------

As it stands the entire available line consists of 7 bolter sister molds and 4 repentia in the random 3-model packs (assuming none are discontinued), 15 individual sororitas models, the exorcist, penitent engine, three priests(one is on the inquisition page), six henchmen, and a set of forgeworld rhino doors.
Plus the dialogus in some regions, while stocks last.

If you buy from ebay keep an eye out for the sisters that didn't make it - variant poses for the special weapons, superiors (especially seraphim superiors), the old 2nd edition canoness/banner models, and any chance to get the transparent canopy piece for the immolator as the exorcist kit does not include one.
The icons from a single exorcist kit can stretch to a few rhinos though.

Smooth Boy
04-04-2016, 09:13
I would just buy a Whirlwind myself.

Clang
04-04-2016, 09:47
Whirlwind counts-as Exorcist would be the simplest option. Fluffwise, the Whirlwind's been re-equipped with new ammunition which just happens to have the range and damage of an Exorcist. Model-wise, that could be represented by anything from just a fancy paintjob to converting the launcher somehow.

A.T.
04-04-2016, 09:48
I would just buy a Whirlwind myself.The models are the same cost in the US, though third party discounts apply to the whirlwind. You do miss out on a lot of iconography though.

On the other hand the whirlwind kit will fit together without the need for a drill and pliers.

Spiney Norman
04-04-2016, 10:44
The models are the same cost in the US, though third party discounts apply to the whirlwind. You do miss out on a lot of iconography though.

On the other hand the whirlwind kit will fit together without the need for a drill and pliers.

Using some spare missile pods from the Valkyrie kit would give you something a lot closer to the original FW exorcist model (and recognisably not a whirlwind), and I don't think I've ever seen a Valkyrie that uses the pods so there must be a bunch of them floating around somewhere.

I know this uses the now discontinued immolator kit, but it is awesome

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/12/7/161814_sm-Exorcist%201.JPG

I remember assembling the metal/plastic hybrid exorcist, it is an absolute nightmare, on the plus side it is the only 40k tank I own that can balance perfectly in a 'wheelie' pose up on its rear tracks, that organ weighs a ton.

A.T.
04-04-2016, 11:34
I remember assembling the metal/plastic hybrid exorcist, it is an absolute nightmare, on the plus side it is the only 40k tank I own that can balance perfectly in a 'wheelie' pose up on its rear tracks, that organ weighs a ton.Mine would fall apart if they did a wheelie - could never get the pipes to sit flush so I left them unattached.

I always found the forgeworld variants a bit plain but they were good fits for the deimos rhino chassis.

beanerboy
04-04-2016, 19:59
I put an email alert on the gw webstore. It came back into stock recently however I managed to pick one up for 20 on eBay which I'm going to strip down and repaint. The main thing which is gold dust are the transports with the clear canopy but I will keep hunting!

Beaner

krush
04-04-2016, 20:18
Whirlwind counts-as Exorcist would be the simplest option. Fluffwise, the Whirlwind's been re-equipped with new ammunition which just happens to have the range and damage of an Exorcist. Model-wise, that could be represented by anything from just a fancy paintjob to converting the launcher somehow.

I have the Forgeworld exorcist upgrade, its basicly a whirlwind weapon pod, a pair of round instead of "crayons", but the whirlwind has been in many versons for sure.

This is like it, but I think I have no doors.

Smooth Boy
05-04-2016, 01:12
If money was no object I would go for the deimos pattern whirlwind from FW. I think it gets even less use than the regular whirlwind and the style of the missile launcher is suited to the D6 attacks the Exorcist gets.

Spiney Norman
05-04-2016, 10:02
Well since we're comparing exorcists behind the bike sheds...

A.T.
05-04-2016, 10:33
I wonder if that should be considered 'modelling for advantage' - pulling a wheelie to poke the guns out from behind cover :p

Blink
06-04-2016, 07:23
No matter how you dress it, a Whirlwind isn't going to beat a pipe organ on a tank aesthetics wise. Kinda wishing they gave more love to the Sisters.

theunwantedbeing
06-04-2016, 09:15
No matter how you dress it, a Whirlwind isn't going to beat a pipe organ on a tank aesthetics wise. Kinda wishing they gave more love to the Sisters.

Agreed, however I think the following are pretty cool options if you're looking to convert.

Vertical Launch type conversions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7eqtBWQus)

GrandmasterWang
06-04-2016, 11:03
Well since we're comparing exorcists behind the bike sheds...

Wheelie tank ftw!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Smooth Boy
06-04-2016, 21:44
Since this thread seems full of knowledgeable SoB players, does the exorcist kit come with the parts to also make an immolator?

A.T.
06-04-2016, 22:42
Since this thread seems full of knowledgeable SoB players, does the exorcist kit come with the parts to also make an immolator?Everything except the transparent canopy.

The exorcist itself is a pack of metal bits shipped alongside the rhino and immolator sprues.

Angelwing
07-04-2016, 17:13
I keep seeing people saying the kit doesn't come with the plastic canopy. I presume this is a repack, as mine came with it. I bought it a few years back, just after it went to direct only.

A.T.
07-04-2016, 18:53
I keep seeing people saying the kit doesn't come with the plastic canopy. I presume this is a repack, as mine came with it. I bought it a few years back, just after it went to direct only.I've had no canopies with any of mine, but they were all bought before the direct only switch-over.

Spiney Norman
07-04-2016, 19:19
I've had no canopies with any of mine, but they were all bought before the direct only switch-over.

I bought my exorcist shortly after it was released and it had no canopy, I wish it had because all of my rhino chassis have interchangeable rhino/immolator turrets and a spare canopy would have been very useful as most of my rhinos don't have the glass

beanerboy
07-04-2016, 22:30
Wow, hang on, can I build an immortlar out of the exorcist kit? (minus the canopy)

Beaner

Braden Campbell
08-04-2016, 02:51
Wow, hang on, can I build an immortlar out of the exorcist kit? (minus the canopy)

Beaner

Indeed you can!

beanerboy
08-04-2016, 09:17
Does it come with all the weapon options?

A.T.
08-04-2016, 09:30
Does it come with all the weapon options?Yes. The immolator is all on a single upgrade sprue which replaces the normal rhino upgrade sprue.

The exorcist only uses the roof plate, though that is the distinctive element of the mk3 rhino so you'd need to either find another one or improvise (or sell the unused exorcist bits on ebay).

beanerboy
08-04-2016, 09:53
Anyway to make it interchange? I have an exorcist on its way from eBay but this new revelation is making me consider two kits from gw... Especially if it is possible to swap and change between the two...

A.T.
08-04-2016, 09:58
Anyway to make it interchange?Yes, you would need to attach the ammo servitor with a magnet and leave the launcher and gunner assemblies unattached.

You can then alternate between the rhino and immolator front turret any time you want - you get enough bits for both other than the canopy which can be left loose as it snaps into place (if you get one). Even the guns on the immolator are on pegs and can be swapped around easily.

The side and front plates are going to be permanent fixtures though.

beanerboy
08-04-2016, 10:28
That is fantastic news! Thank you! Have had my eyes on sisters for a long time and a little unexpected tax rebate gave me the excuse I needed! I've managed to pick up 3 squads of sisters (with a mixture of weapons) a repenta squad (wish gw would go back to these kinds of models, remind me of the old slaneesh demoneetes to some extent), an exorcist (second hand) and the Saint. Maybe next pay day I will pick up two exorcist from gw and they can swap between heavy gun boats or transports for the defencless repenta squads!

P.s sorry for the poor spellings above! Phone is not playing ball!

A.T.
08-04-2016, 10:57
Maybe next pay day I will pick up two exorcist from gw and they can swap between heavy gun boats or transports for the defencless repenta squads! Repentia can be tricky - they can't assault out of an immolator and will suffer ~50% casualties from an 'explodes' result. The mk3 rhino is quite tall though so you can block LoS to squads running behind it.

You'll get a lot of surplus iconography with the immolator kit (there isn't really anywhere to put it on a tank that has the exorcist plates on), more than enough to kit out a regular mk2 rhino as a sisters vehicle if you have any spare chassis. You'll probably want at least one dedicated dominion (melta) squad and transport in addition to your two basic battle sister squads to fill out your automatic unit choices.

beanerboy
08-04-2016, 18:22
That's a good shout actually, I have a couple of spare rhinos from my marines so no reason not to sister them up! Repentia strike me as the definition of a glass cannon. But I played dark eldar for a while so hopefully I will figure something out with them!

Beaner

Angelwing
09-04-2016, 09:01
Interchanging: Here's how I did mine, with a method that requires no magnets or duplicate parts. The exorcist launcher is all one part glued together, which includes the special battle sister rhino top plate. However, using the razorback top plate for turrets, you can mount the immolator turret and rhino stormbolter hatch.
The kit was built to be an exorcist first and foremost, so with the rhino / immolator swap outs I wasn't bothered about the lack of special sister top plate. (I have 5 rhinos and 3 immolators of the old school, and I've always used the exorcist as an exorcist).
I've also included a picture of the current exorcist next to the FW turret mounted on an old school rhino (to match the rest of my army).

I'm more confused over the lack of plastic canopy people are reporting. My kit was direct only and came in the white generic box (and without instructions!). I'm not sure when or why the canopy ceased to be included. I should count myself lucky in that regard I guess.
http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery2/gallery/d/63386-2/DSC_7482.JPG
http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery2/gallery/d/63389-2/Untitled-1_007.jpg