PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor & his Scion guard in Deathwatch

giant stegadon
14-04-2016, 18:27
Hi guys, I had another question regarding the Deathwatch game. The White Dwarf rules for Tempestus Scions suckered me into getting some. There's not much fluff for the mission, except that Inquisitor Chaegryn is investigating Ghosar Quintus & he has Scions as his "guard." I am unclear if this means these Scions are a part of the Inquisition or just guys assigned to him.

In the Tempestus book there is a difference with the Grey Knight fluff- as some Scions are good at fighting Nurgle, but the old Grey Knight fluff I thought this would mean they would all be killed after being exposed to demons. So it seems Scions already fight stuff without the Inquisition. I realize I can paint them however I want, but since I'm on the fence about color scheme I thought I would see if there is an answer one way or another.

Felwether
14-04-2016, 18:57
Hi guys, I had another question regarding the Deathwatch game. The White Dwarf rules for Tempestus Scions suckered me into getting some. There's not much fluff for the mission, except that Inquisitor Chaegryn is investigating Ghosar Quintus & he has Scions as his "guard." I am unclear if this means these Scions are a part of the Inquisition or just guys assigned to him.

In the Tempestus book there is a difference with the Grey Knight fluff- as some Scions are good at fighting Nurgle, but the old Grey Knight fluff I thought this would mean they would all be killed after being exposed to demons. So it seems Scions already fight stuff without the Inquisition. I realize I can paint them however I want, but since I'm on the fence about color scheme I thought I would see if there is an answer one way or another.

Not sure about the new fluff but back when Scions were still known as Stormtroopers they used to come in the standard Imperial Guard flavour and Inquisitorial flavour. In the 3rd Ed Daemonhunters codex they had red pressure suits and black armour with the Inquisitions =I= painted onto their helmets.

sunborn
16-04-2016, 13:44
The Codex: Inquisition still states: "Imperial Guard Storm Troopers make ideal Acolytes" and shows a picture of the red-painted storm trooper.

Lord Damocles
25-04-2016, 17:14
According to the Deathwatch: Overkill rulebook, Chaegryn, '...requisitioned a unit of Militarum Tempestus from the Kappic Eagles' (Pg.2); suggesting that they weren't Inquisitorial Storm Troopers.