PDA

View Full Version : Captain General of The Adeptus Custodes

kamedake88
17-04-2016, 08:14
Been a while since I've posted anything of any substance here but I felt like contributing a little. This is thanks to listening to the excellent 5th installment in the Beast Arises series "Throneworld".

It would seem that Constantin Valdor no longer holds this position, pretty much confirming my suspicions that he perishes sometime during the Heresy or shortly thereafter. Though it is possible he still lives and simply guards the Emperor as the head of the Companions instead. A custodian named Bayruth (don't have the spelling since I am listening to the audio book) has taken up the office at the time of the beheading. Also of note it seems the old piece of fluff having the Custodians shedding their armor and only wearing cloaks has been invalidated as well. They still wear their armor though the crimson cloaks they used to wear have since been replaced with black. So far the book has been excellent just like the rest of the series.

nagash66
17-04-2016, 18:50
Thanks for the info!

The fact that Constantin Valdor is no longer captain general does not make him dead, he could have left the position in disgrace following the siege of terra or as you said joined the companions or taken some other form of penance/punishment. That or he is super dead :shifty:.

fluxdeluxe
18-04-2016, 13:37
Thanks for the info!

The fact that Constantin Valdor is no longer captain general does not make him dead, he could have left the position in disgrace following the siege of terra or as you said joined the companions or taken some other form of penance/punishment. That or he is super dead :shifty:.

Some of them joined the emperor on the assault on the Vengeful Spirit, i can't imagine many of them survived...

kilkrazy
25-04-2016, 18:26
Who cares, Valdor is a scum bag dick.
Probably turn out to be khaosified.
Better with a 2 handed broom anyway. Dust away.

AS for the Custodes. The best answer would be fighting in the AOS realm or with out someone to fight, they fell into complacency. The big guns tired as it were.

nagash66
26-04-2016, 11:30
Some of them joined the emperor on the assault on the Vengeful Spirit, i can't imagine many of them survived...

True, we know none of the Sanguinary Guard made it, but again until we know 100% he is both/neither alive or dead.

Who cares, Valdor is a scum bag dick.
Probably turn out to be khaosified.
Better with a 2 handed broom anyway. Dust away.

AS for the Custodes. The best answer would be fighting in the AOS realm or with out someone to fight, they fell into complacency. The big guns tired as it were.

I....dont know....where to begin...:eyebrows:.

Elithis Lives
26-04-2016, 12:22
True, we know none of the Sanguinary Guard made it, but again until we know 100% he is both/neither alive or dead.
Good to see Schrödinger's Custodes made it to the 31st millennium! :p