PDA

View Full Version : Age of sigmar realm of battle table

beanerboy
17-04-2016, 14:25
I haven't really followed the destruction of the old world. I got really excited with the end times and painted up some lizard men, but then when it all went boom so did the appeal it had for me... However having seen some of the pictures floating around I can't help but feel there should be a new realm of battle table on its way out with all the cracked ground in etc... I was just wondering if there was any rumours about this?

Havarel
17-04-2016, 14:58
An AoS RoB board does exist, they have a few at Warhammer World, but I'm not sure if or when it'll be on general release. I'll try and grab some pictures next time I'm there.

beanerboy
17-04-2016, 15:32
That would be great thanks! It would be a shame for it not to find its way into stores!

Havarel
17-04-2016, 16:13
This is a pic of the board, best I could find at the moment but gives you a good idea of what's on it. Shame they haven't released it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BptZJMEkHWY/VZgwv5qLHlI/AAAAAAAA1j8/F-KTI4ESNCQ/s1600/image6.jpeg

veterannoob
17-04-2016, 16:30
Yeah...I remember this. Wonder why I didnt come out with the super castle or perhaps soon?

Havarel
17-04-2016, 17:37
Yeah...I remember this. Wonder why I didnt come out with the super castle or perhaps soon?
I imagine it'll be out for Christmas, or at some stage this year if they do plan to release it. They might not to if AoS has bombed as much as we've heard [emoji17]

beanerboy
17-04-2016, 17:43
I don't intend to play aos but I would be interested in the table... Maybe gw should consider selling the tiles individually?

veterannoob
17-04-2016, 19:38
I imagine it'll be out for Christmas, or at some stage this year if they do plan to release it. They might not to if AoS has bombed as much as we've heard [emoji17]

Im gonna steer clear of the bomb part ;) but I do hope this year. Our club will get at least one and the stores back home will as well. Tiles would be nice rather than what the did for the previous board (which I bought at $100 off deal) and having the two extra tiles sold together. Or maybe take a page from FW and sell a single special tile at plastic prices. If whatever the marked day is in May for GW if it follows another larger AoS release maybe it will come around. Regardless of how accurate rumors are I do buy that this will be the year of AoS as it fits what's already come out. (And I know you didn't mention rumors, I'm just adding that part in)

Captain Marius
17-04-2016, 21:53
I've seen these tiles in the local UK GWs I've been in since AoS was launched, they're really nice. They're also featured in pretty much every battleplan on the map bit, so no idea why they haven't yet been released!

eron12
18-04-2016, 01:23
I don't know, I feel it lacks something in the skull department.

Dosiere
18-04-2016, 01:33
I don't know, I feel it lacks something in the skull department.

Right? Where ARE the skulls? They finally make a setting where having everything made of skulls actually makes some sort of sense and then don't use any? Someone tell me there are literally hills made of skulls on the parts we can't see?!

GrandmasterWang
18-04-2016, 03:56
I honestly thought these were released with the scenery

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

WarbossKurgan
19-04-2016, 14:19
There has been some talk that one or more of the tile molds was damaged or defective in some way, so that they can't manufacture a full 6-tile board. It was probably supposed to be released already but (if true) the mold problem has set back the release date.

Feel free to correct me if you know different!