PDA

View Full Version : Which Primarch do you identify with?

Herkamer63
21-04-2016, 15:57
I know there was that quiz or whatever on Facebook that someone has put up, and it gave you scenarios on what to do if you were in control. Although fun, however, it doesn't really say who you identify with, as far as who you you really are personality wise.

I, without a doubt in my mind, can easily say I'm more in line with Rogal Dorn. I am loyal to family and friends, and have a bad case of stubbornness. I dont give up on anything unless there are absolutely no other options left on the table. My oldest brother's the same way. We both play, without us even thinking about it, Dorn armies: I play Crimson Fists and he plays Black Templars, with future plans on playing Imperial Fists. So you can say we have embraced it.

It's easy for anyone to say "I'm like Agron because he's ruthless and a bad***!", but let's be real. Let's see who you actually find yourself aligned with personality wise. Make it known.

duffybear1988
21-04-2016, 16:18
I relate to the 2 primarchs that were killed or walked away.

Herkamer63
21-04-2016, 16:23
I relate to the 2 primarchs that were killed or walked away.

Which ones, specifically?

duffybear1988
21-04-2016, 16:25
The unknown ones that had their statues removed and their names crossed out before the end of the Great Crusade. The ones that people barely remember and aren't allowed to speak of. :angel:

Nobody remembers me and when they do I'm spoken of in hushed tones, shunned by my fellow bears. :D

Casper Hawser
21-04-2016, 18:04
I know there was that quiz or whatever on Facebook that someone has put up, and it gave you scenarios on what to do if you were in control. Although fun, however, it doesn't really say who you identify with, as far as who you you really are personality wise.

I, without a doubt in my mind, can easily say I'm more in line with Rogal Dorn. I am loyal to family and friends, and have a bad case of stubbornness. I dont give up on anything unless there are absolutely no other options left on the table. My oldest brother's the same way. We both play, without us even thinking about it, Dorn armies: I play Crimson Fists and he plays Black Templars, with future plans on playing Imperial Fists. So you can say we have embraced it.

It's easy for anyone to say "I'm like Agron because he's ruthless and a bad***!", but let's be real. Let's see who you actually find yourself aligned with personality wise. Make it known.

The problem is all the Primarchs are ruthless badass killing machines.
The only reason Angron acts the way he does is because of the butchers nails. Nobody can relate to having a symbiotic machine in their head that only gives them peace when their killing.

Azazyll
21-04-2016, 18:33
Vulkan. Because without compassion it's all meaningless. But also because I'm a bit of a pyro and I like bling. Sanguinius ten years ago for exactly the same reasons but I was a lot more emo then ;)

insectum7
21-04-2016, 18:41
The unknown ones that had their statues removed and their names crossed out before the end of the Great Crusade. The ones that people barely remember and aren't allowed to speak of. :angel:

Nobody remembers me and when they do I'm spoken of in hushed tones, shunned by my fellow bears. :D

Haha.

Yeah it's a little hard to relate to a primarch, but if we're going by personality disposition and tendencies . . . I'd prefer to identify with Guilliman because he's big on infrastructure and planning, but the meticulous and stubborn nature of Purtabo can be very similar. I like that the traitors and loyalists share many of the same traits, but because of circumstance, mistakes or minor flaws they wind up on different sides. That at least is very human.

Fangschrecken
21-04-2016, 18:48
Alpharius for me. I like to be aware of everything and I don't typically crave recognition for what I've done (though he does have that rivalry with the Ultras).

inq.serge
21-04-2016, 20:42
Easy. Fulgrim.

Scammel
21-04-2016, 20:59
Dorn. Scratch away the stubbornness and praetorian guff and he's probably the single most down-to-earth chap of the lot. He's understandably left hurt and angry at Horus's betrayal and seems to want nothing more than to slap some sense into all involved. He doesn't see himself as player in a cosmic space odyssey, a vital piece in the vicious game between Gods and Man; he just wants to do his damn job because it's his damn job. By far the most relatable of them all.

narradisall
21-04-2016, 21:10
I like the order and empire building of Gulliman and I enjoy creating, commanding and viewing the bigger picture.

Still I identify wth Magnus as well, seeking and preserving knowledge for knowledges sake. Although maybe not superior in it.

Haravikk
21-04-2016, 21:19
I associate most with Lion El'Jonson because he just skulks around somewhere inside the Rock doing whatever.

Snake Tortoise
21-04-2016, 21:58
Somewhere between Fulgrim and Alpharius, but if I could only choose one it would be Fulgrim. I'm fairly vain, can be quite self absorbed, have an addictive personality, don't mind bending the rules a bit, crave appreciation, spent much of my young adulthood taking various illicit substances and although I'm certainly not a perfectionist I'm very competitive in all things I do. I'm very into sports, particularly tennis, which I think reflects the martial aspect of Fulgrim

I realise I sound like a dick. Where the Alpharius aspect comes in is I'm very aware of these flaws and I think I hide and compensate for them well. I have plenty of great friends but I think only one or two people truly know me well

Anyway, I think Fulgrim could get a lot of mentions here because he's quite relatable and very human in lots of ways. Dorn is another one. If as a person you most identify most with Angron I suspect you wouldn't be playing a table top war game so I can't imagine he'd get many votes, as cool a character as he is

The Black Shield
21-04-2016, 23:37
Curze. 'Nuff said.

Kakapo42
22-04-2016, 00:57
I honestly don't really care that much about any of the Primarchs or the Horus Heresy (easily my least favourite part of the 40k setting).

However, that being said, if I had to pick one of the named ones it would probably be Konrad Curze/Night Haunter. I have an extremely strict moral code (with standards so high that not even I truly live up to them, which is a major source of my merciless self-criticism), and can be very ruthless about its pursuit. I tend to have a very bitter world-view and often consider society to be irredeemably corrupt (though on an individual level there are still plenty of genuinely decent people) and that the only way to get the powerful to truly change is through fear. I even tend to be a bit of a night-owl.

And no, I'm not entirely sure that that's necessarily a good thing (except the night-owl part, that's really neither here nor there. For some reason I just tend to be more productive at night a lot of the time).

At the same time though I'm also a ruthless perfectionist and have a strong belief that arts, media and culture are extremely important to humanity, so I also have a streak of Fulgrim as well.

And then I often tend to feel left out and ignored, so maybe there's a bit of the unnamed Primarchs as well.

Losing Command
22-04-2016, 01:14
Lion El'Johnson, because he seems to be as good at social interaction as I am (hint : not at all)

Ghazbad_Facestompa
22-04-2016, 04:38
I'm going to have to go with Rogal Dorn. I tend towards honesty and straightforwardness; I can lie, and I can break my personal ethical rules, but it hardly ever occurs to me on the spot, and even when I've thought about it ahead of time I find it difficult. I think I can reasonably say that I find stoicism to be one of the highest virtues, and I try to make dutifulness and stubbornness into others to reach for. I can also lose sight of more intelligent solutions to problems by fixing on the most direct, and pride can cause me to make my life harder than needed. Identifying with Dorn and the Imperial Fists is what got me to start an army of them in the first place.

Tarrell
22-04-2016, 07:55
Lion El'Johnson
Why hes a strategist at heart, looking for weaknesses in his enemies and exploiting them to his advantage. Hes a stoic and reserved yet underneath cunning and merciless.
Know one knows the Lions true intent until he revels it.

Abaraxas
22-04-2016, 10:29
Horus, of course.

Denny
22-04-2016, 10:55
Sanguinius.
We're both tremendously good looking, charismatic, noble, brave, wise, mighty and modest.*
Plus we both have wings and neither of us enjoy the delicious taste of human blood drunk from a golden chalice.
Because that would be wrong.

*Actually I am way more good looking than Sanguinius but I'm also more modest, so I don't like drawing attention to it

ntw3001
22-04-2016, 11:35
Fulgrim. Completely perfect, with the good grace to be a dick about it so people can feel justified in their resentment

Sent from my SC-05G using Tapatalk

WarsmithGarathor94
22-04-2016, 12:06
Dorn because im a stubborn loyal person
But also perturabo as im quite cold and calculatng

sunborn
22-04-2016, 13:33
I am the first with Magnus. I believe in knowledge and bringing it to the world. I believe in doing the thing you believe is right even if the person in power has banned it (psykers and sending that message). I also believe in accepting the consequences of those decisions and moving on. Standing up to those that do things without question is the very metaphor of the burning of Prospiro.

The Highlander
22-04-2016, 14:23
Perturabo of the Iron Warriors. Just like him I'm highly intelligent and technically minded individual with a background in engineering (and slightly limited social skills). I also share his fondness for the methodical and relentless style of siege warfare, and belief in overwhelming firepower. There's a reason I have played Iron Warriors since the original IA article.

svennh
22-04-2016, 14:27
Perturabo : underappreciated by his father and brothers,always taken for granted, loner but a logical thinker, great strategist and punctual. I would be a traitor much sooner if I was perturabo.

duffybear1988
22-04-2016, 20:05
If I'm being serious I would say Perturabo as well. He gets given the crap tasks and barely gets any reward. In the end he's just had enough.

LotusCorgi
23-04-2016, 06:04
Although he is not my favorite primarch my any means, I would say the Kahn. He is a warrior and a philosopher poet. Also kind of psychic. Gets the job done and doesn't seek the lime light, but is obviously exceptional even in a peer group like the primarchs.

Spiney Norman
23-04-2016, 10:38
Lorgar, I'm a bit of a philosopher and into religious/occulty type stuff so it fits pretty well.

veterannoob
23-04-2016, 11:29
Moment of truth time.
I love the fluff, model, and use in my 30K gaming as Mortarion. But being brutally, shamefully honest since I know very few of you (heehee) I'd say Fulgrim because of his impulsiveness and blind hedonism leading to so, so many mistakes:) Live hard, die young(-ish), and leave a good looking corpse.:angel:

GenerationTerrorist
23-04-2016, 21:06
I can relate myself to Lorgar more than any of them - I am a scholar, searcher for truth and answers, definitely not a warrior.

It's also a hammer
24-04-2016, 00:26
Russ. I love to hang around with mates partying having a good time telling exaggerated stories that tend to involve me but if I'm angry... You wouldn't like to see me angry...

that and I'm as hairy as a dog (wolf)

Gdolkin
25-04-2016, 13:33
Ferrus Manus, the flesh is weak :chrome: Plus uncontrollable rage and bitterness at being betrayed led to my decapitation :(

Tylertt
25-04-2016, 13:38
I'd have to say Guilliman for myself. Love having a plan and going over things in extreme detail. Plus I love the 30k UMs lol.

Tarrell
26-04-2016, 04:19
Although he is not my favorite primarch my any means, I would say the Kahn. He is a warrior and a philosopher poet. Also kind of psychic. Gets the job done and doesn't seek the lime light, but is obviously exceptional even in a peer group like the primarchs.

Kahn is the first captain of Argon, and was the second in command of the World Eaters legion.

Kakapo42
26-04-2016, 04:44
Kahn is the first captain of Argon, and was the second in command of the World Eaters legion.

I believe he was referring to Jaghatai Khan, the Primarch of the White Scars.

Oogie boogie boss
26-04-2016, 10:45
I'd say either Perturabo or Russ. I can be pretty blunt, sometimes a bit brash and sometimes quite sulky. But when I'm in good form I'm loud and like to eat and drink and joke.

Magister
26-04-2016, 14:53
Magnus - I've got red hair.

Plus I adore books*.

*I'm not allowed any new books as a result.

Casper Hawser
26-04-2016, 15:22
Angron my names Ron and I get really angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thraxdown
26-04-2016, 16:19
Angron for me

Colonel Husker
01-05-2016, 09:15
I think I most relate to Corvus Corax.

Trying to exact terrible vengeance on a hated foe but with limited manpower and resources and tight budgetary constraints, sounds like my job as a Naval engineer. I feel his pain.

Plus Lorgar deserved his bitchslap for being the galaxy's biggest whinger.

Tokamak
01-05-2016, 13:03
I'm going with Fulgrim. I hate compromising on anything.

Least sympathetic would be Russ. Just a rent-a-cop that can't think for himself.

Splen
01-05-2016, 13:58
Lorgar. Just wanted his dad to give him a hug and tell him he was doing ok....

Bingo the Fun Monkey
01-05-2016, 15:34
Rowboat Girlyman. I'm always trying to codify and organize things and processes, even when my peers resent it. I'm also belligerently extroverted.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

silveralen
04-05-2016, 17:04
Probably Magnus. I appreciate the scholarly and curious nature, as well as the very human way he dug himself into a hole. A mixture of arrogance and bad luck land him in a situation where every attempt to fix his previous mistakes just made things worse. Dunno, that just feels like a very relatable place to be, at least compared to the difficulties the other primarchs faced.

I also have a soft spot for perturabo, given I can often be an overly touchy grump who takes myself too seriously.