PDA

View Full Version : Are Fallen chaos followers?

svennh
22-04-2016, 11:34
Dear fellow gamers,
I just finished the novel "Descent of angels" and got interested in the Dark Angels chapter.
I did some research (googeld) and found only vague info on the Fallen.

So my questions are:

1)Are the fallen chaos followers?
2)Does anybody has a Fallen army and which codex/models did you use?

Thanks for your info and p.o.v.

blackcherry
22-04-2016, 12:03
It really depends on who the individual Fallen are.

Some have fallen to Chaos entirely, whilst others are trapped out of time and trying to help the imperium, hunted by their brothers who think they are traitors. In the end, all of them are pawns of Chaos in someway, given that just by them being where they shouldn't be they can cause disruption to the Imperium.

A few editions ago, the character of Cypher could be taken in a Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine or Imperial Guard army. Make of that what you will.

sunborn
22-04-2016, 12:10
Read the Cypher dataslate. All fallen that are fielded as per rules from that dataslate are chaos. However, Cypher himself appears to not be chaos-aligned.

Razios
22-04-2016, 19:31
Read the Cypher dataslate. All fallen that are fielded as per rules from that dataslate are chaos. However, Cypher himself appears to not be chaos-aligned.

that have to be more with Cypher being iconito until someone spot him, nobody in the imperum except a few know him....granted what cypher wants is another thing around

daveNYC
25-04-2016, 20:23
It really depends on who the individual Fallen are.

Some have fallen to Chaos entirely, whilst others are trapped out of time and trying to help the imperium, hunted by their brothers who think they are traitors. In the end, all of them are pawns of Chaos in someway, given that just by them being where they shouldn't be they can cause disruption to the Imperium.

A few editions ago, the character of Cypher could be taken in a Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine or Imperial Guard army. Make of that what you will.

They're not all pawns of Chaos, depending on what fluff you consider canon. The FF Deathwatch setting (I forget which splat book) had a blackshield (a marine who shows up and joins the Deathwatch, blots out his chapter shield, and basically serves until death, a little bit French Foreign Legion, a little bit GoT Night Watch) who joined up, got stuck on some rock and went out like a boss against something or other just as a whole heap of Dark Angels showed up looking for a fight and (I think) went to town on the xenos filth in what looked to outsiders like a totally awesome rescue attempt. Nothing was explicitly stated, but the fluff did everything except physically elbow you in the ribs and wink at you about the blackshield's origin.

blackcherry
26-04-2016, 09:21
Sorry, I wasn't very clear on that. They may not mean to be pawns, but inadvertently they are.

Don't forget that most of the Fallen are from before the time of the Imperium as it is currently - so even by them saving people, they usually end up causing dissent down the line with the survivors. Cypher being a prime example of this - he remembers a time when people weren't oppressed on a galactic scale and so reminds others of this. It usually causes rebellions to form or worse and the Imperium has to devote precious resources to quelling it, that could be spent elsewhere.

Koriel Zeth
26-04-2016, 19:42
there aren't agents of chaos, as in they summon demons or worship them. They have their own agenda and can sometimes inadvertently cause incursions or wars. Mostly though it seems that their fluff hasn't been super fleshed out so their just these mysterious "rouge" space marines that have some connection to cypher.

Lord Damocles
26-04-2016, 19:56
Are the fallen chaos followers?Some Fallen are agents of Chaos.

I mean, the 6th ed. Codex: Dark Angels (pg.18) is explicit:

'Although the Fallen Dark Angels chose the Ruinous Powers over their brethren, not all have succumbed to the power of Chaos to the same degree. Some of the Fallen have embraced the power of the Dark Gods, becoming true Chaos Space Marines. These Fallen do not belong to a Chapter or Legion of their own, but instead can be found operating together in small bands, or as leaders of some piratical cause. Each of the Fallen is a Space Marine possessed of Warp-aided powers. This, combined with the experience gained from their extended lifespans, makes the Fallen villains the likes of which are rarely seen in the 41st Millennium.'

(my emphasis)