PDA

View Full Version : For general info - costings on making models (from Produs)

The_Real_Chris
05-05-2016, 17:53
To perhaps inform discussion around cost and value, here is a post from Jake Thortens blog.

https://quirkworthy.com/

Ben
07-05-2016, 09:50
What's this unicast? The new restic that Wrath of Kings use and Mantic are adopting?

Has anyone handled the Prodoss figures and can confirm their claims about quality? Or are they similar to their claims that they'd deliver their AVP kickstarter on time?

stroller
07-05-2016, 18:35
First thought: Chart purpose - Buy ME! Therefore, what objectivity on figures in the chart? (or source).

The_Real_Chris
09-05-2016, 11:04
The Unicast stuff is who the hell knows (though the AvP stuff I have actually received from Produs is a nicely cast white stuff), the PVC and HIPs figures though seem accurate after asking a couple of friends who have contracted things to be manufactured (from people other than produs). Though obviously it varies. The HIPs cost is for a fairly complex sprue, I think with the sliding stuff I barely understand, more simple 'blocks' are often quoted at 10k.

paddyalexander
16-05-2016, 08:19
I'm not the biggest fan of Produs, I'm still waiting on my AVP kickstarter while the local shop has been selling it since before xmass, but from what I've seen of unicast miniatures on beasts of war they are very impressive and this is a huge technological leap forward in terms of single part miniatures.