PDA

View Full Version : What was gone now returns...

Jind_Singh
11-05-2016, 15:43
Gothmog

Boromir

Ruins of Osgilith

Source books

All making, or have already made, a triumphant return to our hobby thanks to the new GW SBG team!

What are you folks excited to see return??

For me or will be Corsair Arblastors and some of the pirate heroes so I can make a pure pirate raiding party!!!

mdauben
11-05-2016, 16:31
Good to see stuff coming back. Personally, I've been so busy the last two years trying to fill out my collection that there's really not a whole lot of oop miniatures I still need.

I would still like to get my hands on the finecast Radagast (not the one from the EfGT box set). On the rare occasions it does pop up, it's selling for crazy amounts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

blackcherry
12-05-2016, 09:41
Oooh, I must have missed this release. Are the re-releases up on the GW webstore?

Karak Norn Clansman
13-05-2016, 18:24
This is very good! Lotr has great potential and GW handled the setting well with their supplements and miniatures. Shame about current GW prices, but perhaps it won't end up too bad...

Smooth Boy
14-05-2016, 13:39
Thank God, we've been desperate for the sourcebooks. People basically can't start without them.

Jind_Singh
15-05-2016, 07:44
And now a WHOLE bunch of minis..

Saruman and Grima

The hobbits riding their ponies (that boxed set that they came in) that inc sharkey and grimma

The shade

In addition lots of new pics of the NEW releases:

Dain on pig and on foot!

Iron Hill Dwarves

Iron Hill balista - the Twirly Whirly

new source book

new PLASTIC buildings for Lake Town

DE-BEKARRRRRRR!!!

Replicant253
16-05-2016, 07:17
Over the moon with all the news so far, I am tempted, despite all sense telling me otherwise, to start an Erebor force. I have way too much stuff already.

Despite the positives it is a little clearer that going forward LoTR/Hobbit is going to be supported in a similar fashion to the Horus Heresy line. What I mean is that all new stuff is going to be in resin and aimed those with deep(er) pockets and who are serious collectors (which i think is the majority of the lotr market anyway). This is not the return to mass plastic boxes and I don't see any serious change in direction regarding price.

Jind_Singh
16-05-2016, 17:21
So pricing is similar to current FW pricing - which actually means it'll be cheaper than current GW finecast pricing models - but not as cheap as plastic

The Lake Town building set WILL BE PLASTIC so that's extremely exciting

And finally - the sculpt was amazing for the new models - actually excited to see this level of detail