PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 most powerful AOS units?

GrandmasterWang
11-05-2016, 15:21
Which are the top 5 most powerful units in AOS does everyone think?

Nagash i feel is extremely powerful (tried him in one game). I think he has to make the top 5.

Archaon - never tried but by the lore/warscroll surely he makes it.

Thanquol on Boneripper - in playtesting AOS on release i was amazed at Thanquol/Bonerippers power level. He seemed more powerful than all the other Skaven book special characters put together. I don't have much AOS experience but Thanquol makes my top 5.

Gordrakk?

Fyreslayer on Magmadroth?

Celestant Prime?

Skarbrand?

Stardrake?

Anyone with experience playing the AOS heavy hitters care to list their top 5 fatties.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

melonmelon
11-05-2016, 15:46
Without synergy?

Nagash>Archaon>Thundertusk>Bastiladon>... Gordrakk? Maybe.

Spiney Norman
11-05-2016, 16:16
Are you talking single models? Because a unit of 10,000 blood warriors would be pretty good ;)

Skarbrand is pretty tough, I've seen him absolutely blend even really high level characters.

veterannoob
11-05-2016, 16:33
Assuming you mean most apparent potential, I'd say my draft list is in no particular order

Gordrakk on MK
celestant Prime
Slann Magepriest
Archaon
Nagash

honorable mentions
Stonehorn
Settra due to command ability
Stardrake
hmm... Revisit this later. Looking forward to seeing responses.

GrandmasterWang
11-05-2016, 17:16
Without synergy?

Nagash>Archaon>Thundertusk>Bastiladon>... Gordrakk? Maybe.
Yes without synergy, sorry i should have clarified. I'm thinking Arena of Death style mano a mano!

When my mate got the AOS box set we actually put Thanquol up against all the other Skaven book special characters individually and it was just complete domination. Boneripper just detroyed them all. If i recall we did Ikit Claw and Lord Skrolk together (Skryre/pestilens alliance lookout!) vs Thanquol in a 2 vs 1 (2 vs 2?) and they got barbequed. I actually took offense to how much better Bonerippers flamer was than the Warlock engineer genius.

Btw Settra is one of my favourite ever Warhammer characters in the lore http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/81e8e7fb32552a0cbdefaa40d6b1260e.jpg
... but in the single 1 vs 1 we did Thanquol and Boneripper smushed him in a single round of combat [emoji26]

GrandmasterWang
11-05-2016, 17:18
Are you talking single models? Because a unit of 10,000 blood warriors would be pretty good ;)

Skarbrand is pretty tough, I've seen him absolutely blend even really high level characters.
Yeah single models only!

I read Skarbrand's warscroll and thought he seemed brutal. Getting more dangerous as he takes wounds.... what an angry bugger!

Spiney Norman
11-05-2016, 17:22
Yeah single models only!

I read Skarbrand's warscroll and thought he seemed brutal. Getting more dangerous as he takes wounds.... what an angry bugger!

It's the fact that when he's out of combat for a turn he gets the incandescent benefit anyway, you can literally get him with rerolls to almost everything, and when he's got a blood secrator/aspiring deathbringer/wrath mongers behind him (or in some cases, all three) he can go through pretty much anything.

Tokamak
11-05-2016, 17:31
Two Archaons is better than one Archaon imo.

Kahless
11-05-2016, 18:01
Magmadragon
Nagash
Archaon
???

Gorthor21
11-05-2016, 19:21
I would have to say it would be
Nagash hands down the best character in the game especially with Arkan and several units of Morghast
Archaon because he has a little bit of everything and makes a chaos army really strong
Gordrakk for the command ability and his number of accurate attacks
The celestant prime only in either the host Azyric or brotherhood of great bolts battalion Warscrolls
Thanqoul for the insane amount of mortal wounds he can put out that makes the thundertusk jealous

WarsmithGarathor94
11-05-2016, 20:07
Dread lords/dreadladys on black dragon is pretty scary

Memnos
11-05-2016, 20:18
Lord of Change. Bonus to casting, summons another one who summons another, etc.
Infinite Greater Daemons.