PDA

View Full Version : What's on your IG wishlist?

TheBearminator
18-05-2016, 09:28
IG are now one of the older codices out there and could possibly see a release during 2016-17. What would you like to see in that release?

Personally I want a smaller flyer. Like a jetfighter. Something that isn't a giant gunship and a transport. Not very impressed with the forgeworld IG flyers, so preferably something completely new.

Some kind of jeep. Yes I want that, because I'd love to see GW produce such a model. Something Hummer-ish would also do. I don't want bikes for IG, I think this would suit them better and be more unique. Not sure what role it would fit though. But maybe the IG version of a buggy, with some interesting tactical tweak to it. I know nightfight is a very minor part of the game, but I would love to zoom around with my fast, cheap jeeps, lighting up targets for my artillery that hides in the darkness.

I want even more synergies in my play. I want new tactical options. I want smoke grenades for my grenade launchers for example, so that unit A can provide a smoke screen for unit B when they're running from one ruin to another. Units boosting each other. Just like tau use marker lights and provide overwatch for each other.

Plastic veterans. I use death korps anyway, but these guys are a great excuse to produce really cool battle hardened models. The true human elite.

Rogue Star
18-05-2016, 09:39
A return of the different regiments in plastic, but I think that's a pipe dream, so everything below designed to fit with the Cadians:

Rough Riders. Penal Legionaires. Veterans.

Denny
18-05-2016, 09:40
They get rid of the dang Wyvern. :mad:

Oh, and I don't play as guard, so . . . :shifty:

blackcherry
18-05-2016, 09:45
IG are now one of the older codices out there and could possibly see a release during 2016-17. What would you like to see in that release?

Personally I want a smaller flyer. Like a jetfighter. Something that isn't a giant gunship and a transport. Not very impressed with the forgeworld IG flyers, so preferably something completely new.

Some kind of jeep. Yes I want that, because I'd love to see GW produce such a model. Something Hummer-ish would also do. I don't want bikes for IG, I think this would suit them better and be more unique. Not sure what role it would fit though. But maybe the IG version of a buggy, with some interesting tactical tweak to it. I know nightfight is a very minor part of the game, but I would love to zoom around with my fast, cheap jeeps, lighting up targets for my artillery that hides in the darkness.

So you want IG to play unlike IG are meant to work in the background? :D

Just kidding a bit. I think the closest IG have to 'rapid moving jeeps' is this model...

Which I'm glad for. IG are meant to be the anvil that people grind themselves upon that with through sheer attrition. Not a modern tactical unit. That is what marines are meant to be for.

TheBearminator
18-05-2016, 12:37
So you want IG to play unlike IG are meant to work in the background? :D

Just kidding a bit. I think the closest IG have to 'rapid moving jeeps' is this model...

Which I'm glad for. IG are meant to be the anvil that people grind themselves upon that with through sheer attrition. Not a modern tactical unit. That is what marines are meant to be for.
Well, marines have got plenty of play styles these days with all their different subfactions. So should every faction. I'm not saying every faction should be able to play like any other, but every faction should have several options. I'm done with marines. I wanna play the real heroes of the Empire. And I don't wanna use them just to bobblewrap my tanks. I think it's great that there's an option to play that way, but it doesn't suit me. But happily (for me at least) these days you can play the way that works for you and your army. The fluff is just fluff after all. And I never thought GW was very good at writing it. I'm fed up with Ork boyz for example. It's the last thing I bring to the table when playing Orks nowadays. I want plenty of vehicles and skilled well-equipped soldiers (nobs, tankbustas, flashgits, veterans, stormtroopers).

They get rid of the dang Wyvern. :mad:

Oh, and I don't play as guard, so . . . :shifty:

Heh... Or just nerf it a bit? Haven't used them yet, but I can understand your frustration.

Ettore
18-05-2016, 14:26
A return of the different regiments in plastic, but I think that's a pipe dream, so everything below designed to fit with the Cadians:

Rough Riders. Penal Legionaires. Veterans.

This, especially the optional regiments...at least a couple of nice conversion sprues with new torsos/heads to fit with the Cadians, but overall my wet dream (the one regarding IG, eh!) is to see actual over-sized Cadians purged away and a new, more proportioned plastic set made anew. However that's just impossible so better than nothing the conversion sprues!

Smooth Boy
18-05-2016, 15:41
Make a plastic Basilisk kit that includes the Griffin and Medusa, having some crew models would also be nice.

A transport that can take 25 - 35 men.

Go back to calling them Imperial Guard.

Edit: Seeing some of the other regiments in plastic would be nice.

Necrontyr
18-05-2016, 15:45
I'd like to see some actual Artillery pieces, and better rules for Heavy Weapon teams, Rough Riders, and Ogryn.

coldsteel
18-05-2016, 15:57
I want more options for taking masses of Infantry, to better show the meatgrinder that the IG is. Maybe a rule to bring back destroyed blobs/Troop choices, like the never-ending army the Nids had back in the day in certain scenarios...

coldsteel
18-05-2016, 15:59
And I do like the thought of popping smoke from GLs. Or even a squad carries smoke grenades as a 1-time option.

Maidel
18-05-2016, 16:23
Make a plastic Basilisk kit that includes the Griffin and Medusa, having some crew models would also be nice.

A transport that can take 25 - 35 men.

Go back to calling them Imperial Guard.

Edit: Seeing some of the other regiments in plastic would be nice.

Calling them imperial guard again and would be a really nice start...

Daenerys Targaryen
18-05-2016, 16:25
I'll get rid of the obvious: Greatcoat Guardsmen in PLASSSSSTIC!

But seriously, I'd like to see;
- less focus on only Cadians
- Roughriders, Ogryns, Ratlings, etc... to be worth a damn
- Penal Legions return
- Undercosted unit (Wyvern) to get a slight pts bump, overcosted stuff (most of the codex!) to be re-thought
- Better squadron rules that are Guard exclusive, since masses of infantry & tanks is supposed to be their claim to fame
- A special rule that allows Guard to count as Allies of Convience with CSM's, since IA:13/Vraks isn't the answer.

A.T.
18-05-2016, 16:29
Seems about time GW consolidated the three classes of baneblade chassis and put them in the guard book. While i'm not a big fan of apoc40k I do think it's odd that guard have the plasic models but not the lord of war option.

TheBearminator
18-05-2016, 19:46
I hope I'll see a plastic Macharius Vulcan during my lifetime. Possibly the sexiest tank model ever made. I use baby Macharius models for Russes already (Mortian battle tank), so one day I'd like to include the original.

AngryAngel
19-05-2016, 01:02
Let us see, here we go, large heavy hitting transport for large groups of guard, 30+, Rough Riders, some interceptor type fighters, and some multi part arty kits. I think all of those are great ideas.

Rules wise ? Better Ogryns, Rough Riders, Storm troopers to finally not pay through the nose for their crap butt gun, or make the gun actually useful in a storming role. Heavy weapon teams be finally made worthwhile again, deathstrike be Str D ( and for all you saying Broken !! For shame, it should be Str D if anything is ) Baneblades in core codex, maybe a little love for ratlings as they are meh, the platoons and vets are fine mostly. The LR being able to fire ord and sponsons without penalty, or actually really any reason to take sponsons on Ord carrying Russ tanks, properly costing some units, there are many poorly costed ones in the current codex.

I think that is most of them ? Oh and keep vendettas, I have a few and if they drop them out after I've gotten them and the conversion bits, I'll be quite POed.

All Cing Eye
19-05-2016, 01:43
- A special rule that allows Guard to count as Allies of Convience with CSM's, since IA:13/Vraks isn't the answer.

^ This

I've had this pipe dream idea where GW make a combination IG/Chaos Militia book, with just a few entries unique to each faction.

SDKFZ
19-05-2016, 04:09
Support vehicles ! ........guess not :( Some good ideas above. Some sort of light tank would be nice.
Tanks that survived would also be good. Right now i feel that any marine that gets close kills you asap :(
Beastmen............SQUATS !!!! :D

Francis
19-05-2016, 07:32
I'll play.

- Assault 2 hellguns on the storm troopers (same cost as now), and the option for a boltgun on the sergeant.

-Plastic lightning interceptor.

- Tank commanders on their own (and able to give orders to all LR tanks within 12).

- Some sort of light scouting vehicle as was mentioned would be great.

- Baneblade types in the codex as a LoW choice (although the cadia supplement gives us this), and give the tank commander the option to use the LoW baneblade or hellhammer as his tank (1HQ choice +1 LoW choice in one model).

- Give veterans and CCS veterans the option to use boltguns :evilgrin:

iamcjb
19-05-2016, 07:50
Plastic Praetorian:
Infantry (with plenty of special weapons)
heavy weapons teams
rough riders.

I will gladly give them my money for these.

theJ
19-05-2016, 11:50
hrm...

In order of priority:
*Redone basic infantry kit, in proper scale and with all options... preferably for several regiments.
*Non-SP artillery.
*Light/scout tank.
*Moar abhuman auxilia support.
*Plastic Rough Riders... along with better/rethought rules for them.

TheBearminator
19-05-2016, 12:42
While I think it's funny with the confusion regarding scale, I don't think IG (cadians and vostroyans mostly?) is the only example. Look at the pointy hat Craftworlders for example. Lengthwise they've become elven giants. And I think the bulky design of cadians is quite ok. Much more heroic and grimdark than my Death Korps for example who are a bit too true scale for 40k I think. They could be a bit shorter compared to space marines for example though. More than anything I think IG was very big when they first came out. Everything is upscaling with every new release. Look at the latest incarnation of fantasy orks for example. Compared to them the humble Ork boy is severely undersized.

coldsteel
19-05-2016, 16:38
Let us see, here we go, large heavy hitting transport for large groups of guard, 30+

There is a couple SuperHeavies in the Cadian supplement that carry 30-odd guys..

MajorWesJanson
20-05-2016, 04:48
Rules-
Make Platoons into formations- platoon commander can only issue orders to his platoon.
If both command squad and squad have vox, extra 12" range for orders.
HW teams are T5, cannot run.
HW squads option to add sergeant and 3 "spotters"
SW squads Sgt + 4-9 models, 2 per 5 models special weapon.
Platoon upgrades- Heavy Infantry- carapace armor for 2 points a model, all must take. Light infantry- drop to 6+ armor, gain stealth and move through cover, can take unit of scout sentinels as part of the platoon.

Veterans platoons (1-5 squads, 0-1 command squad, 0-3 HW teams). Vet squads 1 per 5 special weapon

Merge in Scion Platoons fully.

Roughriders gain power spear by default
Add Thunderbolt to FA as a fighter
Remove Wyrdvane psyker units, return sanctioned psykers as cheap upgrade characters, ML1 only for like 30 points per, with Primaris Psyker as ML2 for 60-75 points.

Leman Russes, Sentinels all gain unit commander when full unit size thant can issue orders to their unit.
Armored Company formation- Command unit with 1-3 tanks that must take a commander. 3 units of russes. 0-1 unit of hydras, 0-1 baneblade hull.

Wyverns lose shred, only get ignores cover if full unit of 3.

Kits:
Plastic Thunderbolt
Cadian roughriders (on something like the dark elf cold ones)
Veteran squad (based on Kasrkin models)
Redone Basilisk/Medusa
Priest clampack
Psyker clampack

Ironbone
20-05-2016, 11:20
I'll probably repat what I said elswhere, but :evilgrin:.

First and foremost - restore old, rightfull and proper name of Imperial Guard.

Secondly - restore all of the units that were pointlessly removed form 6th ed codex. Penal legioniers, colossai, comander chenkow, ect.

Thirdly - adress the issues that are hurting IG performence - mainly units durability and firepower. Especialy firepower. Only tau should can chellenge IG in terms of that.

Rules

Decurion style detachment that isn't over complicated and have some meaningfull bonuses

30" range lasguns. To be honest, lasguns now sucks balls. Hard. Only with multiple buffs this joke of a weapon can do some (if still little ) damage. Increasing Str to 4 is obviously out of option ( for that very reason it would be only way that would really make a diffrence :eyebrows:), Ap6 would be almost meaningless, so only viable options left are either range ( preferable ), or changing rapid fire type to something better.

Power waeapon - 10 pts

Power fist - 15 pts

CCS - add option of buying more weterans, with cap of 4 special weapons per unit. Add option of generic Ogryn bodyguard, with Nork beeing special upgrade.

Master of ordynance - 40 pts, normal rules of scater.

Lord comissar - 50 pts base, or 12" LD aura ( rewrited to "all friendly IG units in that range can use Lord comissar LD instaed their own", ).

Comissars - 2 wounds. Priests outdone them in role of morale support.

Techpriest - 35 pts, Bolster defences instaed of PotMS. Gun servitor for 15 pts ( 20 with plasma cannon ). Option for more servitors than just 4.

Scions - restore and expand special operations rule ( adding mission like assasinate [prescision shots and prefered enemy against enemy warlord] and take&hold [stubborn and objetive scured]). Change hot shots into either R18" S4 Ap- Assoult 2, or R'24" S4 Ap- Salvo 2/3. Or at worst case R24" S3 Ap3 Salvo 2/3 to keep with profile of volley gun (wich is strighforwardly described as bigger hot shot lasgun :shifty: ). Ld 8/9.

Chimeras - 55 pts. Side skirst for side armor 11 for 10 pts.

Taurox - 55 pts, fast

Taurox prime - 65 pst

Ogryns - Maybe, you know make them usefull ? We waiting like 10 ? 12 ? years for that to finaly happen :mad:. 30 pts with no changes. 35 with for buff ( like Fnp ), 40 only with some major buffs. Just bulky, not very bulky.

Bullgryns - 40 pts with no changes, 45 with some buff. Slabshield just gives flat armour save bonus. And more freedom about loadout ( no tieing brute shield and maul together for some stupid reason ).

Ratlings - t3, or 8 pts base

Psykers - restore old rule about executing unit members in case of warp peril. And old powers ( weaken resolve and soulstorm ) too.

Infantry squads - lasguns for sergeants !

HWT - 1/3 price drop ( tho MajorWes idea is also good one )

RR - obviously larger suqads, if not whole platoons of them, with mounted command qsuads and so. Multiple diffrend kinds of lances, that work as part of the hammer of wrath attack.

Sentiniels - 2 weapons.

Doges of war - hellhoud should be much cheaper ( ile 95 pts or so ), devil dog slightly, banewolf could stay the same if it gains torrent, otherwise, significantly cheaper as well.

Basilisk - 100 pts max, if not more like 90. It;s cuffrent price haven't change since 3rd ed, and its absouletly anachronic now.

Hydra - bring back old "ignore jink" special rule. 65 pts base.

Manticore - either Ap3, or cheaper

Wyvern - no twin linking, shred with full batery.

Leman Russes - no penalty for firering a ordynance ( wich btw should be general rule of all heavy vechicles )

Lord Solar Macharius as Lord of War - with rules to back up that title !

Models

Redone catachans ( srsly, their model range, except command squad, probably rember ice age now )
Plastic RR
Penal legioniers box
Cadians Weterans/infantry squad box

WLBjork
22-05-2016, 05:35
We've already had the "Montka" update. I would expect 2-3 more updates in this vein before there's enough materiel to justify a new Codex.

Astra Militrum isn't going away - it's copyrightable, unlike a generic term like Imperial Guard.

Hopefully, GW will ditch those Taurox abominations. They are both ugly and over-gunned (like too much of GWs kit *sob*). The Tauros rapid strike vehicles would make a nice replacement, especially if GW take another look at the similar looking real-life Supacat offerings.

Rough Riders need an update. Death Riders pretty much have it nailed, maybe without the FNP?

Basilisks, DeathStrikes and Manticores shouldn't really be able to shoot on the table - perhaps they could become a cheaper unit that scores VPs for the IG player as long as they are alive?

Stop rockets and missiles from being ordnance - there's no recoil.

Angelwing
22-05-2016, 10:39
Infantry sergeants get the option for lasguns back (free swap). Infantry squads get the option to switch to pistol and cc weapon (free swap).
Baneblade variants folded into codex.
Leman russ to get the lumbering behemoth rule back.
Balanced regiment doctrines returned.
Heavy stubbers to be a heavy weapon option for infantry.

Maidel
22-05-2016, 11:10
30' lasguns is never going to happen...

Even if I want it to!

Ironbone
22-05-2016, 15:09
30' lasguns is never going to happen...

Even if I want it to!
Indeed, and that's kinda sad :(. Guard never was GW favourite, nor most well understanded child, so next codex may probably be decent book, but I'm preeety sure it will carry 90+% of issiues from previous one.

silentsmoke
22-05-2016, 15:42
To bring preliminary bombardment at the start of the game for every battle cannon and earth shaker on the board. Good old days.....

beanerboy
22-05-2016, 17:34
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Elysian-Tauros-Venator

Maybe a smaller version of these... They do look good

TheBearminator
22-05-2016, 18:19
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Elysian-Tauros-Venator

Maybe a smaller version of these... They do look good
You mean like this one? ;)
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/4b0e047ba30f3b99c7bbca0535b40bf0.jpg

TimLeeson
22-05-2016, 19:37
female IG.

WLBjork
22-05-2016, 19:47
I was thinking this beauty

http://www.military-today.com/trucks/supacat_jackal_l3.jpg

Supported by this beauty

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/43/9d/a7439d32d3d53046c182f4a2bf82c94a.jpg

For the fast attack vehicles.

TheBearminator
22-05-2016, 23:14
female IG.
Very much so.

Fangschrecken
23-05-2016, 02:20
At the very least we could get plastic conversion kit for the salamander scout vehicle. Good for command squads and special weapons.

I also really want storm troopers to get their ccw back and assault weapons would be nice, but I'd like the ccw. Let you fire the pistol and then charge in for extra attacks. Like storm troopers should. And for Emperor's sake them back special missions.

Francis
23-05-2016, 09:34
At the very least we could get plastic conversion kit for the salamander scout vehicle. Good for command squads and special weapons.

I also really want storm troopers to get their ccw back and assault weapons would be nice, but I'd like the ccw. Let you fire the pistol and then charge in for extra attacks. Like storm troopers should. And for Emperor's sake them back special missions.

I thought they had ccw, and that it is pistols that they lost? I doubt this will make a return, as the new plastic kit only includes knives and not pistols. In general, asking for an option which is not included in a current plastic set is rather futile I fear.

On a second note, I would also very very very much like it if Hellstrike missiles lost ordnance and were buffed to AP2. At this point they are a joke.

Edit: Oh, and female troopers of course. They hardly even need to release new bodies, just a few feminine heads as an upgrade kit would be nice. After all, it is often hard to differentiate women and men when they are wearing full modern combat gear.

MagicHat
23-05-2016, 10:26
For Tempestus:
15 points powerfists, 10 points power weapon and plasma pistol.

Hot-shot have 4 firing modes:
24" Sx AP6 Heavy 1 sniper.
18" S3 AP- Assault 3.
12" S3 AP3 Assault 2, gets hot.
6" S6 AP6 Assault 1, gets hot.

Volley gun:
36" S4 AP- Salvo 3/6
24" S4 AP3 Salvo 2/4, gets hot.
12" S7 AP6 Salvo 1/2, gets hot.

Special mission: Chosen at deployment. If dedicated transport is bought, only Mechanized can be used.
Airborne: Deepstrike, rerolls scatter, preferred enemy HQ and LoW.
Reconnaissance: Scout, Move through Cover, preferred enemy Fast attack.
Behind Enemy Lines: Infiltrate, Pinning, preferred enemy Elite.
Mechanized: On a turn you disembark, you can shoot and run, this can let you re-embark on your dedicated vehicle. Preferred enemy troop.

Rather then fiddling with CCW/pistol, give them 2 A base, or 2 CCW.

Vanquisher either an upgrade that gives battle cannon and vanquisher shells, or the shot does 1D3 HP/wounds.

TheBearminator
23-05-2016, 12:51
Hm. Does any weapon in the game have four firing modes? While I love tactical in game decisions like different firing modes I think four options is stretching it a bit too much.

MagicHat
23-05-2016, 12:59
Hm. Does any weapon in the game have four firing modes? While I love tactical in game decisions like different firing modes I think four options is stretching it a bit too much.

Sternguards with their 4 ammo types were the inspiration. Also the Solar Auxilia Lasrifle with 3 firing modes.

Thomson
23-05-2016, 13:53
Ok,

here is mine:

Rules:

Hydra gets ignore cover. At the beginning of the game you can choose if it is set up in ground or air defense mode (i.e. decide if it has skyfire)
Shadowsword Volcano cannon gets +1 on D weapon table. This would give it at least a 50/50 chance in a shootout with a wraithknight (currently Wraithknight wins 66% with costing 150 pts less)
Reduce the cost of all super heavy tanks by at least 100 pts
Reduce cost of a basic guardsman to 4 pts
Let 3 guys fire out of the top hatch of a Chimera
Give Russes the ability to fire their stupid ordnance gun in addition to other guns back
reduce points of a couple of other overpriced units (especially Ogryns, Rough Riders)
Tone down the Wyvern a little

Models:

Add a sprue to the Valkyrie kit to make a Valkyrie/Vendetta/Vulture combi kit
Combo Artillery Kit for Basilisk/Medusa/Colossus/Griffon
Psyker plastics
Rough Riders

Fangschrecken
23-05-2016, 15:28
I thought they had ccw, and that it is pistols that they lost? I doubt this will make a return, as the new plastic kit only includes knives and not pistols. In general, asking for an option which is not included in a current plastic set is rather futile I fear.

But there is a single pistol in the kit and that's about the same as space marines; who cannot all be show carrying pistols but are given them in the rules.

TheBearminator
23-05-2016, 22:10
Sternguards with their 4 ammo types were the inspiration. Also the Solar Auxilia Lasrifle with 3 firing modes.
Wow. Didn't think any unit had that many options.

Speaking of firing modes, fix my shotguns dammit!

Kakapo42
24-05-2016, 05:31
For rules:

- Rough Riders gain Hit and Run (if they don't already have it) and are expanded into the platoon system - you purchase a Rough Rider platoon consisting of a number of Rough Rider squads led by a Rough Rider command squad. Fast attack by default, but also with the option of taking a core of them, either through a specialised formation or through Doctrines (more on that later). Hunting lances become S8 AP3 (unless their current stats are better) and Lance (I thought about Armourbane instead, but I feel like I always end up handing out Armourbane like candy in these threads so I thought I'd go with a different anti-armour special rule instead), and can be used throughout the entire game but only on turns that the Rough Riders charge (it can be assumed that the Rough Riders have enough Hunting Lances to last the entire battle). Company Command Squads also gain the option to be mounted on horses and take Hunting Lances. Single HQ models (Lord Commissars and their Ilk) may also take horses, and Lord Commissars on a horse gain Skilled Rider.

- Ratlings gain Stealth, Infiltrate and Scouts (if they don't already have those).

- Heavy Weapon squads remain T3 W2, but in any turn they don't move they have a 4+ cover save in the open and can improve their cover save by 1 without going to ground if the squad is in cover (call it Fortified Positions or Gun Nests or something like that). Heavy Weapon Squads also gain Split Fire and a new rule, Combined Fire where if three or more heavy weapon teams fire on the same target their heavy weapons gain the following special rules:

Heavy bolters: Pinning

Lascannons: Tank Hunters

Autocannons: Rending

Missile Launchers: Tank Hunters (Krak and Flack warheads) or Shred (Frag warheads)

Mortars: Shred

Heavy Weapon Squads may also be equipped with plasma cannons with the right Doctrine. Actually now that I think about it I'd be tempted to just drop the free cover save rule, keep the shooting ones and simply have them as cheap glass cannon units.

- Company Command Squad becomes Company Command Staff, and basically acts as an HQ platoon. You'd take a Company Command Squad as normal, but would then also be able to take several 'Command Elements' consisting of 0-3 Commissars, Priests, Engineseer Techpriests or similar characters that could then be distributed around the army as you see fit. The Command Squad could still take Advisors.

- All Sentinels gain Scouts and Move Through Cover (if they don't already have those). Scout Sentinels gain Outflank (again, if they don't already have that).

- Vox casters have unlimited range. A command squad with a vox caster may give orders to any unit on the table that also has a vox caster, regardless of distance. However, the command squad MUST have line of sight to the unit receiving orders, and Platoon Command Squads can only give orders to units in their own platoon.

- Stormtroopers get their special missions back.

- Deathstrike missiles become D strength. A Deathstrike missile may be upgraded to have a Vortex warhead, following the same rules as a vortex support missile.

- Wyverns loose Shred.

- Griffons, Colossi, Penal troops and other such options come back.

- Command squads and Veterans can take Demo Charges. Demo Charges for everyone!

- Obligatory points cost tweaking all around.

- A return of Doctrines, including special access to limited wargear (like plasma cannons) and nifty deployment options and special rules. Possibly some force organisation switching shenanigans too.

For Models:

- New Stormtrooper Models, based on (read: painstakingly restored versions of) the old 3rd edition Stormtrooper Models, but with more of the gas mask heads.

- Kasrkin models available again.

- A new Inquisitorial Troops upgrade sprue, featuring various Inquisitorial Iconography and related doodads that can be used to make Inquisitorial Stormtroopers or Inducted Guard troops.

- A new Hydra kit redesigned to be like the older Forgeworld model.

- Greater availability of the Regiments other than Cadians and Catachans.

- Tallarn Rough Riders available again.

Misc.

- A return to calling them 'Imperial Guard' and 'Stormtroopers'.

- An expansion codex for Catachans (Sly Marbo can come back here. Speaking of which, include 'Sly Marbo becoming available again' in the models section and 'All the old Imperial Guard characters returning' in both the other sections).

- Representation of the other Regiments. I would be down for expansion codexes for them too, but I'm not sure they're entirely different enough from the Cadian template to warrant it, so perhaps an Angels of Death style supplement covering them instead?

That's what I'd do at least.

TheBearminator
26-05-2016, 19:41
I love the grav-chute insertion rule. Feels great and fluffy with stormtroopers or vets and kind of unique. But how much is it used today? Can it become more of an army tactic in some way?

Sureshot05
26-05-2016, 20:31
Rules are well covered above, but a for a new release it means new models and ideas.
1) Rename back to The guard, the current name solves none of the copy right issues and just makes them less attractive to people. Imperial Guard was a great, simple name which caught on instantly. Astarte miltarum is just not catchy, and turns people off before they look at the army.
2) Rough riders are a must.
3) I would like to see the Bombard as a partner to the Basilisk given the old epic formation (Space Marine 2nd Ed.). Also give a chance to rerelease the kit.
4) New guardsmen in plastic. I suspect that this would be accompanied by a return of doctrines (not keen) but if it introduced in plastic greycoats I would be happy for the excuse.
5) Plastic Vendetta, and the vulture. Would fit the air theme and a second kit could be made from the Vulture (call it the Eagle!) which is dedicated air to air.
6) The jeep is sorely needed for command squads. The Taurox was a terrible design (overgunned, and oversized). The guard need a small truck equivalent, not another tank.

TheBearminator
26-05-2016, 22:57
6) The jeep is sorely needed for command squads. The Taurox was a terrible design (overgunned, and oversized). The guard need a small truck equivalent, not another tank.

Yay! Someone's on my side of things! :)

Jind_Singh
27-05-2016, 05:57
- Better formations and list building options

- pts drop on upgrades, I love box and standard upgrades on Platoons but they are useless and eat up points

- Rules tweaks as we have too many subpar units like Ogryns, Ratlings, etc

- new units to include a new flier, rough riders, plastic characters

- add SH tanks as LOW and add the SH tank formation

- Russ sponson can shoot!

- Vox orders - why on earth, in the far future, is it so bloody hard to radio your squad inside a transport?!?!

- Changes to scions, give them melts bombs and pts drop!!

Main issue with current codex is that too many units get left out because their rules are flat compared to their points

We lose variety and freedom to build IG as we want to

KarampaFIN
01-06-2016, 09:30
Here is my rule wishlist:

- Biggest thing would be the unique ability of Russes to return. Can fire all weapons normally even if they shoot with ordnance weapon, but can only ever move 6", or forgo shooting and move 6"+d6.
- Rework every single point cost. There is so many situations where there is no point in taking certain things since there is a better option. For example, why would I ever take mortars for my HWS when I can just take a Wyvern.
- Make Ogryns and Bullgryns something you can take without handicapping yourself. Reduce point cost a lot or give them some reliable way to get into CC by turn 2-3.
- Give as reasonable formations, no 1000+pts minimum for just the bareboned models. Something like 3 infantry platoons that have to have at least 3 options outside the PCS and 2 Infantry Squads.
- Open-topped transports in the type of the sd.kfz 251. Only available for Veteran squads trough doctrine purchase, which would also disable the option to take Heavy Weapons for the squad. 11/10/10 with options for light support guns like str 4 ap 5 large blast or just plain heavy bolter.
- Bring back more character options or give more officer upgrades. For example give veteran sergeants option to upgrade into what SGT Bastonne was in the previous codex. Also make CCS have option for better officers that have more orders per turn without taking Creed.
- Baneblade and all it's variants into the book, but this is given since they are in the cadian book.

Model wishlist:

- Plastic Kasrkin (They missed so big chance here when they made the Scions instead of these guys. Would've been the first and only plastic Cadian pattern Carapace Armour.)
- Veteran Squads (Basically more interesting poses, bionics, heads and other bitz to make your Cadians look more "experienced".)
- More regiments in plastic, even if it's something like a command squad that has bitz for tank officers, heavy weapons squad and 10 squad would go a long way.
- The open-topped transport mentioned earlier.

Nothing else really comes to mind at this time.

cmbrown4202
01-06-2016, 14:38
I agree. I think that some plastic rough riders should be introduced I only ever see fantasy models being used

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

TheBearminator
01-06-2016, 19:46
My guess would be if they finally got their hands out of their collective rectum with the rough riders, they might as well make them a new combo kit like the ogryns. It's quite a lot of modelling work to make both the riders and some grimdark ponies after all. Maybe one lance unit and one shooty? Personally I think they perfected the concept of rough riders with the DKoK cavalry. Those models are so badass I take back everything I've ever said about cavalry in 40k.

anselminus
03-06-2016, 15:41
- Rough rider
- Plastic vulture
- Plastic characters

Aurelius 12 Reborn
04-06-2016, 09:07
Plastic Vulture, or at least more imperial navy rolled into the codex.

Superheavy tanks, and Leman Russ being 4hp heavies.

Multiple formation/regiment/builds that enable tank companies, infantry hordes, airborne, artillery regiments, and combined arms.

Rules for the hydra that aren't just toilets.

Sargeant Slaughter
12-06-2016, 11:38
I really don't care about the name changes, but the rules and units I do.

* Bring back doctrines and make formations for different regiments.
* Plastic regiment of renown.
* Make abhumans better or cheaper.
* Bring back Penal unit, suicide squads and Chemdogs.
* Add in more interceptor units (like cybermastifs) to help with in your face DS/outflank units.
* Bring back bike units and fix Rough Riders.
* Would be nice to have the Malcador in the codex as a Heavy Tank with similar rule to AI 13.
* Bring back Lumbering behemoth.
* 3ed style CCS.
* All variations of the Chimera or vehicles based on it.
* Extend the range of Vox Casters.

May remember others later.

lordbeefy
12-06-2016, 12:53
couple of FW bits i would like to see added....

Salamander command / scout vehicle
Griffon
macharius and malcador plastic kits

then i would like to see non retarded looking ogryns

then maybe better ratlings rather than the hobbits

penal guard regiment in plastic, with detonator collars and junior commissars/trustee prisoners as sgts

more airborne unit....plastic lightning/vulture

rough riders in plastic and cadian riders