PDA

View Full Version : Albion Army Theme

Freak Ona Leash
11-07-2006, 16:19
Not sure if this should be in General or Background, if this is the wrong place sorry. Anyways, I;ve been looking around for a new army to play. I have my Dwarfs yeah, but they do get boring. I got some Lizardmen, but I disliek their fluff. I wanted an army that was idfferent, something unique. I was reading through my Black Library novels, and came across Giantslayer. Beyond the fact the Bill King did some stupid things with the Albionites(they can all speak Reikspiel, know who Taal and Ulric are and by the same exact names they are known by in the Empire, weird things an isolated society of Fantastical Irishmen shouldnt know) I thought that they would be an excellent army to do. I had tried to start one a while ago but, the idea died. Mainly because I couldnt decide on a list to represent my Albionites with. I tried DoW, but it didnt feel Albionish. And that is what I am still stuck on, an army boo kto represent the Clans of Albion. I'm looking for an army that can portray what is basically a Dark Age Irish army, but without the Vikings and Christianity of course not being there. Light troops, fast and not heavily armed or armoured. And chariots too, and of course druids, either using the Truthsayer rules if I can find them or a spellcaster using or two using Lore of Life/Beasts. Any suggestions?

Stouty
11-07-2006, 16:41
Beasts of chaos?

Herds with big humans and little humans. Pehaps the big ones get to fancier stuff- Light infantry

Chariots-chariots

Druids- Truthsayers/Shamen. Alright not the lores you wanted by visually they are very suitable

Freak Ona Leash
11-07-2006, 18:26
Beasts of chaos?

Herds with big humans and little humans. Pehaps the big ones get to fancier stuff- Light infantry

Chariots-chariots

Druids- Truthsayers/Shamen. Alright not the lores you wanted by visually they are very suitable
That actually sounds very good. Do I have to include Ungors in the Gor herds by the way? And what lores do Bray Shamans get? Just the Chaos ones? The Raiders rule for Beastmen seems ideal for Albionites infact...

Stouty
11-07-2006, 19:03
You have to have 5 ungor if I read correctly. and I made a mistake: lore of beasts is an option.

HiredSword.
11-07-2006, 19:10
ungors can be represented as skirmishers anyway.

What were you planning model-wise?

Freak Ona Leash
11-07-2006, 23:16
ungors can be represented as skirmishers anyway.

What were you planning model-wise?
Probablly either no GW models or very little, possibly made from LoTR models, even though they are not of the same scale they are cheap and look nice. :)