PDA

View Full Version : What to expect from the Aelf release?

DocDropPod
09-06-2016, 02:27
We know the Aelf release is inevitable. Everyone has been chomping at the bit to see what has become of their beloved elves.
What does everyone expect to see from the Aelf release? Will we see all three factions be released in the same window? Will we see new unit choices? New dragon kits?

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Malorne
09-06-2016, 03:50
Will there be different factions?

veterannoob
09-06-2016, 04:07
I expect a faction release, like Fyreslayers in kits and price. Sylvaneth, then whatsoever the Mistweaver WHQ model design is, then maye later a bringing of legacy aelfs together (or maybe this comes sooner). I'm excited to see what happens. They are Aelfs we haven't seen, ok, Fantasy is gone,so give us the new stuff and let the games begin.:cool:

Bingo the Fun Monkey
09-06-2016, 04:50
Probably dragons. I can see the plastic Dragon Prince models being repurposed to be the rank and file of a dragon based faction, with medium base wyrm riders. Basically a parallel with how things work out with the Black Orc models.

scruffyryan
09-06-2016, 05:51
Hot garbage cribbing heavily from moorcockian fantasy.

stroller
09-06-2016, 08:51
Clever, but not actually desirable, overpriced sculpts.

Horace35
09-06-2016, 09:40
Some big, warcraft-y, expensive stuff would be my guess. Dragons will probably feature

StygianBeach
09-06-2016, 10:26

That would be awesome, not hot garbage at all.

I would love an update of the old 3rd ed Dark Elves.

Holier Than Thou
09-06-2016, 11:54

Fyre-Rubbysh Trasher-Branch Leafy Aelfs?

Denny
09-06-2016, 12:08
Hyperbole.
Rage.
Rants about GW.
Rehashed debates about whether Fantasy sold more or less than AoS.

Clever, but not actually desirable, overpriced sculpts.

Also this.

Turgol
09-06-2016, 13:29
Hyperbole.
Rage.
Rants about GW.

Also this.

LOL. 100% true.

Soundwave
09-06-2016, 16:30
Two new kits from the shadow warrior kit. Shadow warrior's with spirit bows and sisters with normal bows and weapons.
And that comes with complementary new awesome names like Aelf sister death skull twirlers and shadow flame scouts.

Dark Elf
09-06-2016, 16:35
I hope that they don't discontinue a lot of the old kits. I still have a few things to buy.

As for the new kits, I don't really care too much. It'll probably be bigger than the stuff I have so I probably won't be taking it.

Lord Malorne
09-06-2016, 19:01
Moaning aside from the above, I honestly hope that what they make is usable in 8th/9th, would be nice.

scruffyryan
09-06-2016, 20:42
That would be awesome, not hot garbage at all.

I would love an update of the old 3rd ed Dark Elves.

Yeah i imagine delving further into fantasy even LESS relatable to the average money spender will prove to be an awesome business decision.

Handmaiden
09-06-2016, 20:54
From GW? Overdetailed, badly proportioned bare chested manly elves with long hair, axes and skulls.

Eddie Chaos
09-06-2016, 22:00
Based on the leaked art I suppose we are soon to get some kind of wood elf book, equivalent to the fyreslayer book but with a more diverse roster because it will import a few of the old wood elf units.

Something else will probably come out before we get more elves.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

veterannoob
09-06-2016, 23:58
Hyperbole.
Rage.
Rants about GW.

Also this.
Yes, also this, and as said" moaning and whining. But hey, could be worse, could be Mantic elves...:shifty:

DocDropPod
10-06-2016, 01:14
From GW? Overdetailed, badly proportioned bare chested manly elves with long hair, axes and skulls.

Would buy! Haha

StygianBeach
10-06-2016, 21:07
Yeah i imagine delving further into fantasy even LESS relatable to the average money spender will prove to be an awesome business decision.

So you do not like the 3rd ed Dark Elves?

Kal Taron
10-06-2016, 21:21
To be honest I'm far beyond caring. I'm more interested in what TW:WH will do with the Elves.

Vazalaar
10-06-2016, 21:30
Moaning aside from the above, I honestly hope that what they make is usable in 8th/9th, would be nice.

This,

From what I have seen from the artwork. I think everything is useable, but you need to make your own rules for it. Which is fun to do. :)

Arduhn
11-06-2016, 19:15
To be honest I'm far beyond caring. I'm more interested in what TW:WH will do with the Elves.

Me too! GW isn't getting another dollar from me unless it's through their license to CA...or if they bring back Warhammer Classic in the right way perhaps.

smaxx
11-06-2016, 19:57
Whye should iye gieave shiet, theye caen't aeven spaell "Elf" or "Elves", and for sure the release has nothing to do with Wood or High Elves.

Lord Malorne
11-06-2016, 20:59
Whye should iye gieave shiet, theye caen't aeven spaell "Elf" or "Elves", and for sure the release has nothing to do with Wood or High Elves.

Blame copyright and lawyers for you having to suffer the indignity of having to figure out Aelf is Elf.

shinros
11-06-2016, 21:10
I hope people are aware that aelf is actually the old english term for elf. It's most likely why they went with it and they can get away with copyrighting it.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%C3%86lf#Old_English (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%C3%A6lf)

Zywus
12-06-2016, 14:55
Nothing will be said about other aelves except they might get attention lateish next year.
Hey, the setting will be barely 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, a year old by then. I mean, Warhammer had 30 years to establish the existence and culture of elfs outside a specific cult-subsect.:shifty:

Krenz
12-06-2016, 19:44
Ok when I try to edit my post it gets deleted instead. So here it is again for your bemusement (hopefully)

If the fyreslayers release is anything to go by, we will soon see the shydow warrior faction get launched.

The shydow warriors fight for moon pearls, in the realm of shadow. They are all in grey and black and wear cloaks. They are armed with acid bows that shoot acid.

One model rides the mighty shydowgoth, a snake with 8 arms all dripping acid. The monster is made of pure acid but the rider is used to it.

Nothing will be said about other aelves except they might get attention lateish next year.

Andnore
12-06-2016, 20:24
Ok when I try to edit my post it gets deleted instead. So here it is again for your bemusement (hopefully)

If the fyreslayers release is anything to go by, we will soon see the shydow warrior *snip*

Shydow Warriors?! Oh, God, I could actually see GW calling them that! :D :cries: :D :cries: :D :cries: :wtf:

Banville
12-06-2016, 21:57
I hope people are aware that aelf is actually the old english term for elf. It's most likely why they went with it and they can get away with copyrighting it.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%C3%86lf#Old_English (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%C3%A6lf)

Which is exactly why they can't copyright it. This insane quest for IP protection seems to be a hobby horse close to the dear departed Mr Kirby's heart, as well, incidentally, as a myopic distrust of computer games.

You can't copyright aelf anymore than you can copyright troll or leprechaun.

Tokamak
12-06-2016, 23:51

And Lizardmen. It'll be fantastic.

Soulsmith
13-06-2016, 01:20
Posts that are of little use to anyone, continued anti aos angst.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sephiroth87
13-06-2016, 04:00
They're fun. I always enjoy the ones that take the p*** out of those terrible AoS unit names. Every time someone says "dwarf" instead of "fyreslayer duardin," Tom Kirby beats Jervis Johnson with a cane. Or... a styrlight beatstikk, if you will.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Shakkara
13-06-2016, 04:33
Extreme over the top air/shadow/swirly magic stuff, dudes flying in the air ontop of gusts of wind and smoke for no good reason in crazy dynamic poses. And maybe lots of birdstuff thrown in, skychariot meets mortis engine or something like that.

Lord Malorne
13-06-2016, 05:33
I just consider AoS a completely separate entity from Warhammer Fantasy, a higher fantasy world, that way there is no reason to bemoan it's existence, not anymore than I would warmachine or hordes. people are passionate about what happened to Warhammer Fantasy, but always complaining about it solves nothing and does not add to the discussion in any way.

As to the impending Aelf release, I still just hope its transferable models :)

Hakar
13-06-2016, 05:45
Extreme over the top air/shadow/swirly magic stuff, dudes flying in the air ontop of gusts of wind and smoke for no good reason in crazy dynamic poses. And maybe lots of birdstuff thrown in, skychariot meets mortis engine or something like that.

And all of them attached to their base with a tiny twig.

StygianBeach
13-06-2016, 08:26
They're fun. I always enjoy the ones that take the p*** out of those terrible AoS unit names. Every time someone says "dwarf" instead of "fyreslayer duardin," Tom Kirby beats Jervis Johnson with a cane. Or... a styrlight beatstikk, if you will.

I do not mind the new names so much within the fluff, on the webpage however I find it frustrating.

How hard would it be to have Elf, Dwarf, Orc as keywords to aid navigation.

Andnore
13-06-2016, 08:56
I just consider AoS a completely separate entity from Warhammer Fantasy, a higher fantasy world, that way there is no reason to bemoan it's existence, not anymore than I would warmachine or hordes. people are passionate about what happened to Warhammer Fantasy, but always complaining about it solves nothing and does not add to the discussion in any way.

That's a problem for some of us, though, because AoS includes references, and in some cases even the same characters, as WHFB, so it feels like your being constantly reminded of the what used to be.

If the new Aelf models look like the artwork we've seen so far, though? That I'd be totally on board with (just give us a proper exploration of what Ghyran is like!).

scruffyryan
13-06-2016, 18:58

Sure it does, negative fan reaction helps depress sales which drives home exactly how bad a screwup it was to GW since thats the only language they accept.

Soulsmith
13-06-2016, 19:46
I think there is enough positive fan reaction that it doesn't cause them any worry.

scruffyryan
13-06-2016, 20:10
I think there is enough positive fan reaction that it doesn't cause them any worry.

I'm sure. We've also always been at war with eastasia

Rogue Star
14-06-2016, 12:56
How much were the Knight-Questor and the Doomseeker prime examples of the Stormcast Eternal and Fyreslayers lines?

I'd say the same of the Mistweaver Saith and Tenebrael Shard for the upcoming Light Aelves and Shadow Aelves.

StygianBeach
14-06-2016, 13:43
How much were the Knight-Questor and the Doomseeker prime examples of the Stormcast Eternal and Fyreslayers lines?

I'd say the same of the Mistweaver Saith and Tenebrael Shard for the upcoming Light Aelves and Shadow Aelves.

More Mistweavers would be nice, but hopefully they will offer an alternative helmet. Not a fan of that blank face, I want eye holes at least.

Kerrahn
14-06-2016, 17:25

True, although technically those are both Shadow Aelves. The fluff for the Mistweaver specifically mentions Ulgu iirc. Some bits on those models remind me a lot of Dark Elves and Dark Eldar too (Mistweaver having a headpiece that is similar to DE characters like Succubi, and the Shard looking kinda similar to Haemonculus Covens stuff)

Vazalaar
14-06-2016, 18:34
True, although technically those are both Shadow Aelves. The fluff for the Mistweaver specifically mentions Ulgu iirc. Some bits on those models remind me a lot of Dark Elves and Dark Eldar too (Mistweaver having a headpiece that is similar to DE characters like Succubi, and the Shard looking kinda similar to Haemonculus Covens stuff)

If the other Shadow Aelves will look anything like the two included in Silver Tower. The Shadow Aelves release is for me already a succes. I am very curios how the "Light" Aelves will look like.

In short I have very high hopes and expectations for the AoS Aelves releases. :D

Handmaiden
14-06-2016, 20:20
I think I die a little inside every time I see the word "Aelves" adopted by the community.

Arkon
14-06-2016, 20:52
I expect totally overprized, exaggerated modeled Aoiuelfes in mono-poses which are annoying to build because of the many thin parts that can break. On the other side I also expect good quality and fine details.

I hope for some good conversion-material in between to use for my Dark Elves and for some new rules for Silver Tower, especially for characters.

I fear silly new interpretations of models aka new Archon instead, like Mega-Alarielle and Ultra-Malekith, and authors that manage to write worse fluff than End Times: Kaine.

lybban
15-06-2016, 15:33
I expect disapointment once again.

ScruffMan
16-06-2016, 00:45
What a whiney thread.

DYoung
16-06-2016, 04:06
What a whiney thread.

You mean 'wynie'...

Soulsmith
16-06-2016, 14:15
You mean 'wynie'...
Rather ironic.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
16-06-2016, 16:51
You mean 'wynie'...
Annnnndd win.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Captain Marius
16-06-2016, 17:43
I expect many aelf releases going forward, as different factions are introduced or fleshed out. I'd expect the first to be Shadowkin, introducing the forces that hang out with tenebrael shards and mistweaver saihs, possibly incorporating the shadowblade stuff from the Order book, and possibly including Malerion although he could turn up in an Everchosen type faction command book. I wouldnt be surprised to see a Daughters of Khaine, Scourge Privateers, Order Draconis, Order Serpentis or Wanderers book in the style of the Pestilens or Flesheater Court books as they have reasonably self-contained ranges already. Whatever they do for Hysh Aelves i cant begin to imagine but i hope it will be as off the wall and fun as the Aqshy themed Fyreslayers!

andjo327
16-06-2016, 19:54
I expect disapointment once again.

Then I am sure you get it. 😉

lybban
16-06-2016, 22:32
Then I am sure you get it. [emoji6]

I used to hate people that were overly negative to every GW release but since AoS nothing really feels right to me. Its too much. Its obvious i am no longer the target demographic. And i gave dropped more and more dough on GW products every year until now. I have a few things left then im done with all my WHFB stuff and my money will go elsewhere. Probably paying off my loans

andjo327
17-06-2016, 05:30
I used to hate people that were overly negative to every GW release but since AoS nothing really feels right to me. Its too much. Its obvious i am no longer the target demographic. And i gave dropped more and more dough on GW products every year until now. I have a few things left then im done with all my WHFB stuff and my money will go elsewhere. Probably paying off my loans

I do not hate people. 🙂
But I do think you are setting your self up for an endless stream of disappointment if nothing longer feels right. Everything they do will just reinforce that feeling.

SuperHappyTime
17-06-2016, 05:56
I expect either:
-Something Fantastic but overpriced
-Something Moderate but correctly priced

I will likely buy neither.
I will discourage new players from buying
I will rail against oldfarts who hate everybody who want to play.

And nothing changes

andjo327
17-06-2016, 06:08
I will discourage new players from buying

Why?
This seems a bit wierd, I would think we all want the player base to grow?

Geep
17-06-2016, 08:05
Why?
This seems a bit wierd, I would think we all want the player base to grow?
If asked, I now discourage people from 40k and AoS because they are bad games. I have a friend who was interested in miniature gaming for ages, but didn't have the money- when he finally did, he asked me for my recommendations and we went shopping for board games (he had no interest in KoW, Infinity or the like). I showed him what had become of GW, and he agreed it looked terrible now. If he wants to play me in an older edition of either game I have plenty of models to loan.
I do encourage people to get into Epic and Warmaster (there's no shortage of great proxies now), but for the most part new players of GW games do nothing to add to my player base (but I can add them to other things I play).

I expect maybe one or two pieces of 'Aelf' kit that I'll like, similar to the gryphound and phoenix bird thing on the stormcast models. No whole models will be of interest and nothing will be worth the asking price. Sure comments like this are negative, but it's the simple truth of my opinion.

andjo327
17-06-2016, 09:14
If asked, I now discourage people from 40k and AoS because they are bad games. I have a friend who was interested in miniature gaming for ages, but didn't have the money- when he finally did, he asked me for my recommendations and we went shopping for board games (he had no interest in KoW, Infinity or the like). I showed him what had become of GW, and he agreed it looked terrible now. If he wants to play me in an older edition of either game I have plenty of models to loan.
I do encourage people to get into Epic and Warmaster (there's no shortage of great proxies now), but for the most part new players of GW games do nothing to add to my player base (but I can add them to other things I play).

I expect maybe one or two pieces of 'Aelf' kit that I'll like, similar to the gryphound and phoenix bird thing on the stormcast models. No whole models will be of interest and nothing will be worth the asking price. Sure comments like this are negative, but it's the simple truth of my opinion.

Hmm I would think that to discourage new players would hurt the player base in general since they are more likely to pick up your prefered game if they allready play any miniature game. 😮

I also think you confuce truth with opinion. I for instance think Apple is a bad Company, truth or opinion? ie you think 40k and AOS are bad games buy you state that they are bad games as a truth. But that's Internet f#k Apple! 😉

I played Epic 20 years ago (if I remember correct) maybe I should look into that again. ☺

I like witch elf themed armies and I dont think these next aelf releases will interest me.

Arduhn
17-06-2016, 09:52
I expect maybe one or two pieces of 'Aelf' kit that I'll like, similar to the gryphound and phoenix bird thing on the stormcast models.

Yeah, those were the only bits I even remotely liked or wanted from all the stormcast releases. From chaos, I liked the crows on Archaon's model. Aside from that, I can't say I've actually liked anything AoS related. Some of the terrain was ok. Some of the Orcs were ok...

In response to discouraging people from playing any GW games, I absolutely agree. Hit GW where it hurts - the revenue stream. New players for AoS only help to ensure that a bad game keeps getting releases. If sales tank, maybe they'll release a 9th edition. If not, and they simply stop making AoS...oh well. No big loss. I didn't really need that griff hound anyway, and WHFB is already gone now.

andjo327
17-06-2016, 10:03
n response to discouraging people from playing any GW games, I absolutely agree. Hit GW where it hurts - the revenue stream. New players for AoS only help to ensure that a bad game keeps getting releases. If sales tank, maybe they'll release a 9th edition. If not, and they simply stop making AoS...oh well. No big loss. I didn't really need that griff hound anyway, and WHFB is already gone now.

Nothing good will come out of this. Not for you or anyone else. But your effort to try to discurage people from smoking it will save lives.

PS there is a fan made 9th edition that I think is really good. 9th age.

Mr Zoat
17-06-2016, 10:16
What does everyone expect to see from the Aelf release?
The word 'Elf' being painfully misspelled hundreds of times.

DocDropPod
18-06-2016, 03:38
The word 'Elf' being painfully misspelled hundreds of times.

Lol

We all know that 'Aelf' is just an old English spelling for 'Elf' right? Pronounced the same.
Like 'Daemon' in 40k. You don't have people pronouncing it 'Day-mon' do you? If so, they need to be flogged upside the head with a kaettle ;)

Geep
18-06-2016, 03:44
Hmm I would think that to discourage new players would hurt the player base in general since they are more likely to pick up your prefered game if they allready play any miniature game. ��
I discourage people from GW games (except the old specialist games I play, where I have to let them know that the game has no company support)- not from all miniature games. If they don't like the looks of KoW, Infinity, or one of the countless other competitors games, that's too bad. I also let them know about board games- many good ones exist now that are quite tactical, and the self-contained nature of them makes them very appealing. Some even have great miniatures.
Why would I ever encourage anyone to start AoS when I'd never play it with them? It wouldn't be expanding my player base at all. If I show them the other options I do play, and they don't like them, it's unlikely anything has been lost to me, as it's the story and aesthetic that captures people- you either like that or you don't.

Nothing good will come out of this. Not for you or anyone else.
You're absolutely right. GW is the miniature hobby. It's not like Kings of War, Infinity, Guild Ball, Gates of Antares (...I'm sure you get the point) are great games that benefit when people turn from GW. These games clearly don't have their own supportive communities, with a lot of positivity, that actively accumulate players without the helpful hand of GW. (some apologies for the sarcasm, the over-done nature of this little rant just seemed to match the tone behind the quote)
Edit: Less sarcastic, you mention 9th age as being a great game: Supporting GW does not support the 9th age. Getting people to play AoS does not support the 9th age. Even if I played the 9th age, why would I encourage anyone to buy into GW stuff?

sephiroth87
18-06-2016, 05:40
Lol

We all know that 'Aelf' is just an old English spelling for 'Elf' right? Pronounced the same.
Like 'Daemon' in 40k. You don't have people pronouncing it 'Day-mon' do you? If so, they need to be flogged upside the head with a kaettle ;)

Close. It's a "boyleheet starkaettle." The more random vowels and nonsense compound words you throw in, the more you protect IP. Or as they say in the alabaster duardin magazine, "forging the (legal) narrative."

andjo327
18-06-2016, 09:52
Why would I ever encourage anyone to start AoS when I'd never play it with them? It wouldn't be expanding my player base at all. If I show them the other options I do play, and they don't like them, it's unlikely anything has been lost to me, as it's the story and aesthetic that captures people- you either like that or you don't.

Keep showing people other options to play, that is great.
But spewing hate only reinforce peoples opinions or discurage new players from even joining the wargaming community. Even if you from some selfish reasons think this is the way to go it is detrimental to the wargaming community in general and I think the community is actualy more important than story and aesthetics.
And also to focus on hating something only makes you sad and bitter.

smaxx
18-06-2016, 11:01
Lol
I guess it should actually be ∆lf or ślf.

Arkon
18-06-2016, 11:47
Oh please! The origins of the „new“ spelling might be like that, but in the AoS context with Seraphon, Orruks and so on it’s obvious that it’s just a blatant move from GW to somehow make their factions somehow different compared to what they were before and what the current standard is. And as their other stylistic changes it was done so bad that it just feels silly for most people.

But since I don’t have the slightest interest in AoS and its fluff, GW can call them Legolasians, Aelfomon or anything else – I only care if some of the new models are nice (and cheap) enough to get them for games where elfs are still elfs.

Geep
18-06-2016, 13:38
But spewing hate only reinforce peoples opinions or discurage new players from even joining the wargaming community. Even if you from some selfish reasons think this is the way to go it is detrimental to the wargaming community in general and I think the community is actualy more important than story and aesthetics.
The community is also bigger than GW, and the games it makes. I don't spew hate- but I'm also not going to encourage someone to start a game I consider awful. Would you do that with any other product?
"Yeah, buy that car! I'm sure the flames coming off the engine are purely ornamental. What do you mean you don't think this is my honest opinion? Well... maybe... but I don't want to discourage you from joining the driving community!"

Holier Than Thou
18-06-2016, 15:48
The community is also bigger than GW, and the games it makes. I don't spew hate- but I'm also not going to encourage someone to start a game I consider awful. Would you do that with any other product?
"Yeah, buy that car! I'm sure the flames coming off the engine are purely ornamental. What do you mean you don't think this is my honest opinion? Well... maybe... but I don't want to discourage you from joining the driving community!"

That's the problem, for some people Games Workshop IS the hobby and whatever GW release, we should all get behind and support.

Case in point. Age of Sigmar is released without points, Games Workshop say points are the enemy so the fans jump on board and say "Yeah, points just made people WAAC, now we don't have points it's so much better."

AOS appears to be tanking so Games Workshop decide to release the General's Handbook with points for AOS, now the fans are super excited about getting points and obviously Games Workshop planned to have points from the start.

Saying Age of Sigmar is a bad game and encouraging new players not to spend hundreds of pounds on it when there's a definite chance of Games Workshop dropping it is not being a hater, it's giving advice based on actual experience of what they have done before to a game that by most accounts was far more popular.

andjo327
18-06-2016, 16:29

Hating on GW is not my point. You going to a privateer press thread and hating on new PP releases and WH players would do nothing to discurage them from playing other than being the pest of the wargaming community. That's my opinion.

smaxx
18-06-2016, 16:47
Saying Age of Sigmar is a bad game and encouraging new players not to spend hundreds of pounds on it when there's a definite chance of Games Workshop dropping it is not being a hater, it's giving advice based on actual experience of what they have done before to a game that by most accounts was far more popular.
There are decent people who like it for various good reasons, so even if I don't care about AoS, I wouldn't really say anything for people who are interested in the game. Rules are free, and if someone wants to play it, just go ahead. Same with the minis, I don't like many of the post (and during) End Times minis, but I can understand that there are different opinions.

Rogue Star
18-06-2016, 17:33
In response to discouraging people from playing any GW games, I absolutely agree. Hit GW where it hurts - the revenue stream. New players for AoS only help to ensure that a bad game keeps getting releases. If sales tank, maybe they'll release a 9th edition. If not, and they simply stop making AoS...oh well. No big loss. I didn't really need that griff hound anyway, and WHFB is already gone now.

So... discourage people from something they may enjoy, simply on the hope GW will return to the WHFB format... which may result in the loss of both, to which to answer is a casual shrug of "well, it doesn't affect me so I don't care"?

Well that's not selfish at all. :p

There is a difference between not endorsing, and discouraging. I'd rather point new people looking to start towards something I like, and be honest in my opinion of something like AoS... not discouraging them from it if that's what they really want to try.

Arkon
18-06-2016, 18:52
If you really think that AoS is a bad game (what many people, including myself, do) and that most people who will start it will get disappointed about their investment in it, I think it’s a good think to “discourage people” of starting with it. It would call it “warn people” and I don’t think it’s not worth real effort, simply because of all the things in the worlds much more important, but if the topic is mentioned, I would do it any time. Otherwise I would feel kind of guilty. I think Geep’s example is good, it’s a normal thing to do about bad products.

To get slightly back on topic, I still think GW is still capable of doing great miniatures, especially regarding elfs. They still have a great range of them already too. If there was a really good use for them in other (better) Systems, or if GW would do one by themselves again (I think silver tower has the potential, with some more tuning and addons, another mortheim - and of course another whfb - would be great too) I would gladly recommend them to anyone who asks, with a short warning about the prices and the squatting of systems in the past.

Rogue Star
18-06-2016, 19:12
If you really think that AoS is a bad game (what many people, including myself, do) and that most people who will start it will get disappointed about their investment in it,

It's free to try. There is no 'investment' with AoS outside of buying the models, which I assume the person thinking of purchasing can work out if they like the look of or not. I don't encourage them towards it, which is damning evidence in itself as far as I'm concerned... But several of the above posts made clear an agenda outside of a concern for a new player's investment, which is selfish. Can't stop them, nor do I have a great desire to, but that's just the facts of it, and they could at least be honest - I don't want you playing AoS because I'm hoping when it fails GW will bring back WHFB.

Vazalaar
18-06-2016, 19:22
I am not a fan of AoS, but I wouldn't discourage people that want to try AoS. Who I am to say what they should like or not like. There is nothing as annoying as a so called veteran saying what you should play and what you shouldn't play. If there is one hobby rule, then it is to try avoide such people at all cost. :p

Asmodios
18-06-2016, 19:47
I am not a fan of AoS, but I wouldn't discourage people that want to try AoS. Who I am to say what they should like or not like. There is nothing as annoying as a so called veteran saying what you should play and what you shouldn't play. If there is one hobby rule, then it is to try avoide such people at all cost. :p
I would never discourage someone from trying a free game. The one thing i would make sure is to push the new player to use square bases. If they like AOS they can always play with the square bases but if they don't like/also like massed battles they will have a hard time if they used round bases.

Spiney Norman
18-06-2016, 20:12

I agree, if someone expressed interest in a game that I was not personally into I wouldn't discourage them, I would pass them on to someone who was into it to give them a positive demo. This kind of petty geek factionism where you try and promote your pet game system by doing your best to 'poison' competing brands is beyond lame in my opinion, anyone getting into this hobby makes it stronger, whatever game they play.

Arkon
18-06-2016, 20:53
While it is certainly possible to use the same miniatures in different games, it is far from standard practice (which I’m sorry for actually, because I love building my collections from all ranges available and convert it heavily). Of cause you can play whfb or KoW with AoS miniatures theoretically, but practically you have to base them right so that they can fit in a regiment (difficult with the new AoS releases, because of the poses and the scalecreep), you often need to field completely other things to be competitive (what many people want to be), you need proper rules that are either official or widely accepted (problem with Sigmarines for example), people demand that equipment is properly represented (especially in tournaments) and so on – so it is difficult if you started not with all these things in mind. And even if you did it, chances are good that no one near you wants to play KoW, whfb ore the like, and that they play 40k, warmahordes, X-Wing or the like – and then the AoS minis bring you nowhere.

So my point is, the free rule doesn’t make it a free game. It’s like saying diving is free besides the equipment and if it’s not your thing you can use the latter for something else – which you actually can’t, for another sport you most certainly need other equipment. So yes, I think warnings are totally reasonable. Of course selfish reasons should be kept apart at best, but the tabletop-community gains nothing from players who start something with wrong expactations and then leave again because of frustration either.

Like I said, if you COULD use GW-minis for other things my advice would be different, but they tried really hard that this is not the case for several years now and nowadays, even monsters get covered with runes, plates and so on so that it’s harder to use them in other settings. The latter annoys me greatly by the way, cause I would have used for the dwarven-lizard, the sigmarine-dracos and so on, but for the prices I’m not ready to put hours of work in them just to make them generic. This is why I have some hope for elves left, simply because they could fit in my collection.

Vazalaar
18-06-2016, 21:30
Seriously again, what AoS scale creep? As I said I don't play AoS, but I certainly buy the AoS mini's I like, which I can freely use in any other fantasy ruleset.. you just need to base it a bit intelligent... I try to use round bases as much as I can, as it much easier to rank miniatures. (because you can turn them a little bit) There are 20mm, 25mm, 40mm, 50mm round bases and so on.. Everything is there to use round bases (movement trays) (http://www.sarissa-precision.com/large/cat1603369_2597862.aspx)for ranked battles.

I find it also ridiculous that people say, you shouldn't start a game from GW.. because they can drop it instantly.. they supported Warhammer for almost 30 years! I certainly wouldn't bet a lot of money on the possibility that other current fantasy rulesets will still be supported in 30 years. If anything GW proofed that they supported a game for 30 years. That is insanly long.

I am still sad that they killed of Warhammer, but to be fair they did support it for a very, very long time.

StygianBeach
18-06-2016, 22:06
So my point is, the free rule doesnít make it a free game. Itís like saying diving is free besides the equipment and if itís not your thing you can use the latter for something else Ė which you actually canít, for another sport you most certainly need other equipment. So yes, I think warnings are totally reasonable. Of course selfish reasons should be kept apart at best, but the tabletop-community gains nothing from players who start something with wrong expactations and then leave again because of frustration either.

Like I said, if you COULD use GW-minis for other things my advice would be different, but they tried really hard that this is not the case for several years now and nowadays, even monsters get covered with runes, plates and so on so that itís harder to use them in other settings. The latter annoys me greatly by the way, cause I would have used for the dwarven-lizard, the sigmarine-dracos and so on, but for the prices Iím not ready to put hours of work in them just to make them generic. This is why I have some hope for elves left, simply because they could fit in my collection.

Diving Equipment is a bad example, I think playing Tennis would be a better example. The Ball (Dice) and Racket (Minis) can be used in many different ways, but getting a game of Tennis could be a bit trickier.

You can use GW mini's in what ever game system you like. I use them in SAGA and Frostgrave, I would also use them in Dragon Rampant and KoW if I played them.

Seriously again, what AoS scale creep? As I said I don't play AoS, but I certainly buy the AoS mini's I like, which I can freely use in any other fantasy ruleset.. you just need to base it a bit intelligent... I try to use round bases as much as I can, as it much easier to rank miniatures. (because you can turn them a little bit) There are 20mm, 25mm, 40mm, 50mm round bases and so on.. Everything is there to use round bases (movement trays) (http://www.sarissa-precision.com/large/cat1603369_2597862.aspx)for ranked battles.

I find it also ridiculous that people say, you shouldn't start a game from GW.. because they can drop it instantly.. they supported Warhammer for almost 30 years! I certainly wouldn't bet a lot of money on the possibility that other current fantasy rulesets will still be supported in 30 years. If anything GW proofed that they supported a game for 30 years. That is insanly long.

I am still sad that they killed of Warhammer, but to be fair they did support it for a very, very long time.

Exactly.

scruffyryan
18-06-2016, 22:28

You've got this backwards, the game supported THEM for a very very long time, it made them money, and when they decided it wasn't making them ENOUGH money they dropped it for a game that looks likely to make them the same, or even less amount of money, but with the added factor of making people who were generally positive about their company absolutely despise it. In doing so they've begun ceding market share to other games from other companies.

But here's another perspective on why to discourage others from buying GW. Non GW stores have limited shelf space, limited storage, and a limited budget for purchasing new stock. By discouraging GW sales, they'll spend less money on that game, devote less shelf space to it, and replace that shelf space with other, better, games. As a fan of these other, better, games this is a net positive for me and the community which has sprung up far more enthusastically around those games than they are around GW games.

StygianBeach
18-06-2016, 22:44
You've got this backwards, the game supported THEM for a very very long time, it made them money, and when they decided it wasn't making them ENOUGH money they dropped it for a game that looks likely to make them the same, or even less amount of money, but with the added factor of making people who were generally positive about their company absolutely despise it. In doing so they've begun ceding market share to other games from other companies.

But here's another perspective on why to discourage others from buying GW. Non GW stores have limited shelf space, limited storage, and a limited budget for purchasing new stock. By discouraging GW sales, they'll spend less money on that game, devote less shelf space to it, and replace that shelf space with other, better, games. As a fan of these other, better, games this is a net positive for me and the community which has sprung up far more enthusastically around those games than they are around GW games.

Sure, Warhammer 8th was profitable at the time, just not profitable enough compared to 40K. It is sad it is gone, just don't be under any delusions that GW is the only company that decides that an established game needs to be dropped (or ignored).

Andnore
18-06-2016, 23:20
Sure, Warhammer 8th was profitable at the time, just not profitable enough compared to 40K. It is sad it is gone, just don't be under any delusions that GW is the only company that decides that an established game needs to be dropped (or ignored).

This whole conversation is starting to remind me of Rackham and their Confrontation line. I'm horribly depressed now...

scruffyryan
18-06-2016, 23:46

You're confusing established with profitable. Plenty of established games weren't profitable when they were dropped. The only mistake people here make is assuming that the standard of "profitable enough" set by the guy recently pushed into an "advisory" role while the people running the business backpedal ferociously on the rhetoric from the games launch is a reasonable standard.

StygianBeach
19-06-2016, 00:04
You're confusing established with profitable. Plenty of established games weren't profitable when they were dropped. The only mistake people here make is assuming that the standard of "profitable enough" set by the guy recently pushed into an "advisory" role while the people running the business backpedal ferociously on the rhetoric from the games launch is a reasonable standard.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. Where did I make the claim that I thought Kirby's decision was reasonable?

I was just trying to point out that to believe that other companies do not do this, or will not do this is naive.

Soulsmith
19-06-2016, 00:15
Yet another thread derailed by bitterness towards AoS as a whole. I thought this was about Sylvaneth?

Arkon
19-06-2016, 00:20
Seriously again, what AoS scale creep?

The new Orcs are in fact mainly new Black Orcs and armoured Boar Boys - and they are so big that the old Black Orcs are now merely the cheap little foot soldiers and even they fitted quiet poorly on 25mm bases. And the new wyvern looks like it eats the elven dragons for breakfast. I quiet like the new Orcs, its the best release model wise so far in AoS in my eyes. But I can't understand how someone can deny that the size overall increased.

I find it also ridiculous that people say, you shouldn't start a game from GW.. because they can drop it instantly.. they supported Warhammer for almost 30 years!

True, but they did not so with BFG, Necromunda, Mortheim, Epic... I think AoS is young enough that it can go the same way and GW focuses entirely on the 40k universe.

Diving Equipment is a bad example, I think playing Tennis would be a better example. The Ball (Dice) and Racket (Minis) can be used in many different ways, but getting a game of Tennis could be a bit trickier.

You can use GW mini's in what ever game system you like. I use them in SAGA and Frostgrave, I would also use them in Dragon Rampant and KoW if I played them.

The Tennis example works for Frostgrave, KoW and the like. It doesn't work for 40k, Warmahordes and X-Wing, which were the systems I had in mind when speaking of Diving. Besides that, I would be frustrated if I had bought a good (and therefore expansive) racket, just to realize shortly after that Tennis is not my cup of tea and I'm either limited to any sports i can use a tennis racket or bought it for nothing.

I honestly don't understand why so much people here are upset that some of us think it's fair to warn new players of the downsides of AoS. As explained, I find this quite reasonable and positive. There are enough games out there by now you can recommend instead.

Arkon
19-06-2016, 00:32
To get back on topic, besides elfs for my whfb-collection I'm also interested in the beetle from the artworks. The Arachnarok-model, which I quit like, shows that they can do such things quite good and I can think of a not-few ways of using and converting it. Hopefully it isn't covered in trademark-symbolic...

Geep
19-06-2016, 03:48
I agree, if someone expressed interest in a game that I was not personally into I wouldn't discourage them, I would pass them on to someone who was into it to give them a positive demo.
In case it wasn't clear, I agree with this. If someone showed interest in AoS I would point them to other people (though I know no players). If someone wanted my opinion on miniature gaming in general, then I would steer them away from AoS. If they still go for it for some reason, that's their choice.

I'm also interested in the beetle from the artworks
I agree, that beetle has my eye. Hopefully Alarielle is easily convertible too.

Vazalaar
19-06-2016, 10:56
The new Orcs are in fact mainly new Black Orcs and armoured Boar Boys - and they are so big that the old Black Orcs are now merely the cheap little foot soldiers and even they fitted quiet poorly on 25mm bases. And the new wyvern looks like it eats the elven dragons for breakfast. I quiet like the new Orcs, its the best release model wise so far in AoS in my eyes. But I can't understand how someone can deny that the size overall increased.

Not true.
Black Orcs (AoS Arboyz) and the AoS Orcs (Brutes) are two different things. So there is no scale creep. Black Orcs (Arboyz) are just a weaker variant of the Orruk race, while the Brutes are the strongest variant of the Orruk race. I am certain when we see will other Orcs/Orruks for AoS we will see miniatures in the same size as the current Savage orcs i.e.

I own the AoS Bloodreaver, Bloodwarriors and the Silver Tower + expansion. There is no scale creep. Ok, the Warrior Priest is huge, but this is done on purpose, it is explained that he is almost a giant of a men in one of the WD.

The new AoS Orcs, should be compared to what Blighkings/Skullreapers/Wrathmongers are for WoC. (Infantry on 40mm bases)

Here are rules that can help you when play you Warhammer 8th Edition or 9th Age to integrate the new AoS orcs in your games. I have no desire to play AoS, but I do have a desire to use the AoS miniatures I like in my Warhammer games and when possible I use them as count as. I.e Blood Warriors as Chosen of Khorne, but for others I or other make their own rules.

9th Age rules for the new AoS orcs. (http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/11371-rules-for-new-gw-orruk-miniatures-proposals-comments-and-debate/&pageNo=1)
Warhammer 8th Edition rules for the new AoS orcs. (http://eefl.freeforums.net/thread/251/new-orcs-goblins-units-edition?page=1)

Arkon
19-06-2016, 13:16
A few last words from my side to the scale-discussion, though I think our positions are too different to argue this out in a thread not created for that: With your explanation you show exactly what I meant with scale creep. Black Orcs, which were fluff wise the hardest of the hardest (see Grimgork) are now foot soldiers and bigger things take their place. Same with boar boys and wyvern. The Sigmarpriest is suddenly a little giant, same thing with the cultists in Silver tower (for example compared to chaos warriors). I concede that it’s not done without explanations (though I personally think they suck) and that it’s possible to mix old and new models because they are not totally out of place. But like you said, you probably need bigger bases and therefore different rulesets for them. Which exist, sure, but you also need people who play by them. And in my region it would be much harder to find players for 9th Age than for Warmahordes or 40k.

Anyway.

I am too thinking about what to do with Alarielle, should the beetle model turn out nicely. If she’s smaller than I expect, maybe I will convert her to an angel-like hero for Silver Tower and use her instead of the winged Sigmarines (which I don’t like, because they don’t look agile enough). If she’s a big one, I don’t know really. A Slaanesh demon would be an Idea, but I have no use for that. This all presuppose it’s a nice model anyway. Here it will be especially interesting how they do the unusual wing-thing. But I would be surprised if she doesn’t make some good conversion parts at least. Recently I’ve found great use for the spare Goblin parts from my Arachnarok I assempled years ago too ;) So in the end, how the beetle is done counts for me – and the price of course.

Arduhn
20-06-2016, 11:30
So... discourage people from something they may enjoy, simply on the hope GW will return to the WHFB format... which may result in the loss of both, to which to answer is a casual shrug of "well, it doesn't affect me so I don't care"?

Well that's not selfish at all. :p

You want me to care about the potential death of a game/setting that I actively dislike? One that replaced a game/setting that I did like? And if I don't shed a tear at the prospect of AoS dying then I'm selfish?

I don't work in a game store. I don't have a YouTube channel or a gaming blog or anything of the sort. I occasionally post on forums...I used to have a regular gaming group - care to guess why I no longer do?
Who do you think I'm going to convince not to play AoS? I couldn't even sway those of my friends who wanted to play it. How much revenue can I really deprive GW of?

Perhaps I will feel a bit of schadenfreude if and when AoS is canned. Perhaps that does make me a bit selfish...meh. I'd probably have less time (and motivation) to post negative things about AoS if I still had a gaming group to keep me occupied.

Rogue Star
20-06-2016, 18:58
You want me to care about the potential death of a game/setting that I actively dislike?

No, I don't want you to care about AoS, just your fellow wargamers. I also can't honestly fathom why you 'actively' dislike it anymore than say, WH40K or Games Workshop in general, as that killed WHFB, not AoS. GW had already decided to can the game. We could have had the complete removal of anything fantasy related, and GW would have focused on 40K and the several stand-alone boxed games. According to Hastings, some people argued for a fantasy game, and they reused bits left over from the now-defunct WHFB, but there was no "Age of Sigmar killed Warhammer Fantasy" - AoS is entirely incidental, WHFB was to have the plug pulled anyway.

Perhaps I will feel a bit of schadenfreude if and when AoS is canned. Perhaps that does make me a bit selfish...meh.

:( Someone needs an e-hug, buddy. I do feel for the WHFB players, I do.

I just think you'd be happier in the long term, trying a new game system? Maybe finding a new group? Expecting WHFB return after AoS cancellation is sort of like chasing the dragon, to me.

Vazalaar
20-06-2016, 20:05
I reckon that in seven days we will finally see leaked pictures! Atlast!:)

scruffyryan
20-06-2016, 20:48
No, I don't want you to care about AoS, just your fellow wargamers. I also can't honestly fathom why you 'actively' dislike it anymore than say, WH40K or Games Workshop in general, as that killed WHFB, not AoS. GW had already decided to can the game. We could have had the complete removal of anything fantasy related

Which fellow wargamers, the ones who danced on FB grave because they were getting rid of those "toxic" competitive players? Screw them, I hope they step on a lego at 4 am getting up to pee.

Rogue Star
20-06-2016, 21:59
Which fellow wargamers, the ones who danced on FB grave

Showing any kind of interest in AoS is dancing on WHFB's grave? Really? :p

No seriously, please tell me that's tongue-in-cheek silliness...

lbecks
20-06-2016, 22:12
Release-wise, seems like tree aelves first. The art has already leaked. Then shadow aelves, the silver tower aelves seem to be shadow aelves. Then light Aelves. And maybe SlaanAelves whenever Slaanesh comes back in the future.

scruffyryan
20-06-2016, 22:18
Showing any kind of interest in AoS is dancing on WHFB's grave? Really? :p

No seriously, please tell me that's tongue-in-cheek silliness...

No its a reference to the posters here and elsewhere who were celebrating deeply the removal of the wrong kind of player from the community.

Ad_Hoc_Games
26-06-2016, 11:12
Release-wise, seems like tree aelves first. The art has already leaked. Then shadow aelves, the silver tower aelves seem to be shadow aelves. Then light Aelves. And maybe SlaanAelves whenever Slaanesh comes back in the future.

I'm really keen to see the aesthetic they will go with for the Aelves. The artwork accompanying the teaser certainly implies some sort of symbiosis with plant life.

mdauben
28-06-2016, 01:08
I'm really keen to see the aesthetic they will go with for the Aelves. The artwork accompanying the teaser certainly implies some sort of symbiosis with plant life.
There are photos of the actual miniatures up in the news and rumors sub forum. I think they are looking brilliant. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ad_Hoc_Games
28-06-2016, 09:21
There are photos of the actual miniatures up in the news and rumors sub forum. I think they are looking brilliant. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah, i received my Trade email the day after i wrote that :D

theJ
28-06-2016, 13:08
Well, there's plenty of pictures out on "War of Sigmar":
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

I do really really like the new Branchwrai--WYCH, and the beetle would be really solid if it wasn't covered in harpy bint - should be easy enough to convert away, and the lady in question should look okay once removed, but I doubt we'll get rules for either in a looooong time.

On the whole though, I'll give the release a three out of ten; it's overdetailed and overdesigned to the point of losing sight of the base appeal, seems limited in terms of army scope(one unit of monstrous archers, rest is monstrous infantry and only one of the characters of which is non-legendary level), and overuses design concepts that were never going to work as anything other than exceptions(elves growing out of trees).
Large parts of the range should be salvageable via conversion and sensible colourschemes, but I'll give the release a miss, with the exception of the branchwraith, who is everything I could've ever asked for.

Probably not of interest for those who were expecting elves, though, as the release simply does not have any of those. This is an army of warped trees, nothing else.

Turgol
28-06-2016, 13:38
I think this was clear, BUT: Sylvaneth is NO aelf release. Sylvaneth is a faction unrelated to anything elven except for the fact that their godess used to be an elf. It is true that one of the new releases has a half elf body, but that does not mean that it is an elf: it is not, it is all about tree spirits.

My guess is that we will not see aelfs for a while. Rumours pointed to metal duardin (and arcanists) after the Sylvaneth release. Saturday sees the release of the final book of the Realmgate Wars series, with a Season of War (campaign) starting linked to it. A new "arc" will follow after that. It could be all about aelfs and Slaanesh, but I doubt it. I think they will focus on Chamon (dwarfs and Tzeentch) after this.

Geep
28-06-2016, 14:25
I would be disappointed, but that would have required some kind of expectation.

The Alarielle and beetle are overdone, just like Archaon was. I had hopes for the beetle from the artwork- this monstrosity would fit well amongst my Tyranids (though the leaves are annoying for that). Alarielle is not great- though I'm now thinking that with a wing change she could make a fairly decent Ariel.

Drycha is now... what? Ripley in a power-loader-tree? That thing just looks ridiculous, and the 'hives' are an eyesore.

The regular half-trees never had any shot at interesting me, but they at least seem to pull off what the artwork showed.

Abbadonsrighthand
28-06-2016, 16:38
Im not expecting anything gw has completely neglected us in the fluff so far

sephiroth87
28-06-2016, 17:53
I like them. Wouldn't pay what they cost, but I like them.

Souppilgrim
29-06-2016, 04:35
Too "world or warcraft" looking for me. I just don't like that really high fantasy look. Not saying they look low quality though.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
04-07-2016, 22:33
I'm pretty happy with the release. If i can ever sell my hordes of old unused models i might get started.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Asmodios
04-07-2016, 23:55
For some reason they give off a tzeentch /Warcraft mix vibe. Maybe the beetle thing for nids in 40k. I couldn't imagine using these in an existing wood elfs army though. I'm sure a good modeler could make them work but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort
Imo 4/10

Mirbeau
05-07-2016, 10:48
For some reason they give off a tzeentch /Warcraft mix vibe. Maybe the beetle thing for nids in 40k. I couldn't imagine using these in an existing wood elfs army though. I'm sure a good modeler could make them work but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort
Imo 4/10

They're not Elves, which is probably why. Hope they release some before long.

Splen
05-07-2016, 11:57
Hopefully the aelfs will play on some more of the shadowy themes from the Mistweaver in the Silver Tower box. That would be cool. I'm not such a fan of the other aelf in that box but it is definitely a strong visual image. Some of the mentions of the shiny sounding aelfs in the new campaign background sound promising too, some mystical ethereal themes going on.

Captain Marius
05-07-2016, 18:29
I wouldnt really call the Sylvaneth an aelf release, despite the presence of Alarielle and the tree-revenants. I think the first full aelf release is more likely to be the Shadowkin (which we've seen a hint for with the Shard and Mistweaver in Silver Tower) and possibly the Phoenix Temple, as they are present in the fluff for the summer campaign. Personally I can't wait to see what GW come up with for Tyrion's followers from the Light realm, I literally have no idea where they'll go with that.

williamsond
05-07-2016, 21:51
seen the photos not my cup of tea where have all the elves gone the? i don't like aesthetic or direction at all.

Grizzlybeer
05-07-2016, 22:13
I'm actually a big fan of the release - i was never interested in wood elves but an army of life/nature is awesome, to my eyes.

vlad78
08-07-2016, 21:43
I like the treemen except the archers. The treemen elven hybrids are just horrible imho.
The AOS line keeps getting worse imho.

I can't stand this:

Andnore
10-07-2016, 23:23
I like the treemen except the archers. The treemen elven hybrids are just horrible imho.
The AOS line keeps getting worse imho.

I can't stand this:

The thing that bothers me most about that model are the bees/whatever flying out of the shoulder. It just looks weird, and I'd have preferred if they just had some bugs crawling over the honeycombs on her body instead.

malisteen
11-07-2016, 03:12
The bugs are optional extra bits, you can assemble the model without them.

Captain Marius
11-07-2016, 14:41
I love the fluff hints in the All-Gates book, particularly the quick look in at the realms of shadow and light, with the revelation that these realms are known as the mirror realms and are strange reflections of each other. This sounds like an ideal continuation of the asur/druchii split and has further fuelled my excitement to see what exactly the aelves have become!

shinros
11-07-2016, 14:52
Well they do also note that anyone who goes there never comes back. The only people we have seen in the realm of shadows is followers of slaanesh considering they are looking for it.

malisteen
11-07-2016, 16:29
Well they do also note that anyone who goes there never comes back.

Shadowtale, indie darling of 2016, the quirky and thought-provoking story of Slaanesh's adventure after falling into the Realm of Shadow, befriending or killing its trapped population of charming elven furries in zir quest to return home.

Rogue Star
11-07-2016, 16:33
Shadowtale, indie darling of 2016, the quirky and thought-provoking story of Slaanesh's adventure after falling into the Realm of Shadow, befriending or killing its trapped population of charming elven furries in zir quest to return home.

Brayherd mom is best mom.

malisteen
11-07-2016, 16:39
I'm mostly in it for the shipping scene. The Seraphon scientist and Fish-Woman Amazon make a really cute couple. Also, I know it's kind of frowned upon, but I like to ship the skeleton brothers - Arkhan & Krell.

GrandmasterWang
12-07-2016, 05:35
The bugs on Drycha have 2 options. The flies make her a bit bloab rotpawny...

There is also a centipede option which looks much better imo.

Aos gameplay wise she has a choiceof centipedes or flies

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

malisteen
12-07-2016, 09:17
A choice? I thought she just had both. That's much worse than i thought. Unfortunate.