PDA

View Full Version : Hisme Stoutheart

Taibak
10-06-2016, 23:10
Potentially silly question here, but is Hisme Stoutheart meant to be male or female?

Zywus
11-06-2016, 11:07
I've always thought Hisme was female, but from a cursory google search it seems s/he is referred to as male in most fan-wikis and such.

dalezzz
13-06-2016, 12:59
I was always under the impression she was ... Well a she :p I'll check some books later

Taibak
14-06-2016, 00:09
I've always thought Hisme was female, but from a cursory google search it seems s/he is referred to as male in most fan-wikis and such.

That's kind of why I'm confused, actually. "Hisme" would seem to be a feminine name in English (think "Esme") and there's nothing comparable in German, which would fit the rest of the Empire. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I wonder if there's anything that GW published that gives a definitive answer.

ryng_sting
14-06-2016, 19:04
The second to last Empire book has a dialogue between Aldebrand Ludenhof's son and his tutor. The boy tries to list all the Imperial Electors, and the tutor scolds him for forgetting the Elder of the Moot - adding that 'his vote counts' just as much as the boy's will when he becomes an Elector.

Since that was set in the present, when Stoutheart was the named Elder, that seems cut and dried to me.

Arnizipal
15-06-2016, 23:20
I think the Warhammer Roleplay second edition books referred to the elder of the Moot as female.
In fact I think it was there the name Hisme Stoutheart was first used.

Razios
16-06-2016, 08:20
I think the Warhammer Roleplay second edition books referred to the elder of the Moot as female.

Yeah, the oldest elector who still hold the post(considering halflig peacefull nature is not a surprise)

Taibak
19-06-2016, 17:28

You don't know which book that was, do you?

dalezzz
19-06-2016, 22:40
Sigmar so heirs I assume ? I have just read the section on the moot and it doesn't say either way there, I'm not currently inclined to read through the whole thing to find out I'm afraid :p

Arnizipal
20-06-2016, 17:57
Indeed it was Sigmar's Heirs.
The description is a bit contradictory though. On page 59 the ruler of the Moot is described as Elector Count Hisme Stoutheart (not Elector Countess), but on page 61 it is mentioned that Hisme has been re-elected at the last ten General Moots but the that she (emphasis mine) is thinking or retiring.

dalezzz
21-06-2016, 07:39
Ah yes must have missed that , "Elder Hisme herself rarely stays there , however. A widower , it is too big for her needs.she prefers to stay at her farm outside of town" is what I see on page 61 as well as the part about her thinking of retiring

blackcherry
21-06-2016, 11:43
Does the empire made distinctions between gender when it comes to being a Elector Count? Or as it is a set role, are you just an "Elector Count"?

dalezzz
21-06-2016, 11:52
Emmanuel von liebwitz is titled as a countess yes

blackcherry
21-06-2016, 13:49
Thanks for the info. Good to know :)

Little Joe
21-06-2016, 18:41
Even when the Netherlands had a queen and we all called her queen (pick one of the three), the official title was still "king of the Netherlands ...". These titles are traditionally male, no matter the gender.

infamousme
14-07-2016, 19:59
Does the empire made distinctions between gender when it comes to being a Elector Count? Or as it is a set role, are you just an "Elector Count"?
Is she referred to as an "Elector Count" or just as an "Elector"? The head of the cult of Ulric and the Grand theogenist are both also electors, but not counts.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Cèsar de Quart
08-02-2017, 21:33
The second to last Empire book has a dialogue between Aldebrand Ludenhof's son and his tutor. The boy tries to list all the Imperial Electors, and the tutor scolds him for forgetting the Elder of the Moot - adding that 'his vote counts' just as much as the boy's will when he becomes an Elector.

Since that was set in the present, when Stoutheart was the named Elder, that seems cut and dried to me.

He never got to be Elector...

infamousme
11-02-2017, 05:29

Emmanuel von liebwitz is titled as a countess yes
Hisme Stoutheart is not a countess though. She would just be an Elector. The elector counts are electors that just so happen to be counts as well.

RobC
12-02-2017, 17:16
It's worth noting that 'widower' is used. That suggests Hisme was male at least somewhere in the editorial process.

Gen.Steiner
22-02-2017, 13:59
Does it matter, particularly? Could be male, could be female, could be secret hermaphroditic Tzeentchian cultist... whatever best fits your own concept of the Old World in general and the Moot in particular would work, surely.

infamousme
22-02-2017, 19:40
Does it matter, particularly? Could be male, could be female, could be secret hermaphroditic Tzeentchian cultist... whatever best fits your own concept of the Old World in general and the Moot in particular would work, surely.
Ooh like Empress Karla Franz?

Gen.Steiner
22-02-2017, 21:52
Well, sure, why not? I mean my Wissenland Elector Count is male, because I set my army at around the year 2000.