PDA

View Full Version : Ultramarines to Blood Angels

It's also a hammer
11-06-2016, 09:41
Hi bought the BA codex yesterday as am thinking of changing my Ultramarines into blood Angels (only a few head swaps and shoulder pad swaps will be required along side getting the BA specific units). Now I know they don't have centurions or storm talons but is there anywhere that suggests BA can take grav canons in tactical or Dev squads like the generic Dex?

lordbeefy
12-06-2016, 08:42
Officially nope there isnt...they are limited to grav gun in tac squad unfortunately. I field grav cannon centurians as allied units but painted up in BA colours...justify it in the fluff that they are part of a blood debt with a codex chapter on long term loan.

stroller
12-06-2016, 10:45
I reserve the right to be wrong here - I only have the old codex - but, I don't believe there to be anything in the codex, unless there's a line saying something like "can take weapons from the space marine codex".

More to the point tho is that a separate codex SHOULD be different - including downsides - else - what's the point. The flavour comes from "they do X better but not as good at Y".

lordbeefy
12-06-2016, 13:43
by the way, Blood Angels are a fantastic army, the death company make for insanely good assault unit and the death company deadnought is awesome stuff with blood talons.