PDA

View Full Version : Hopeful changes through FAQs

Herkamer63
11-06-2016, 15:35
Since SM FAQ's, the internet has been buzzing about some of the changes that has taken place (if you want to call them changes). Here's a few hopefuls from me.

Tau: For me, 2 things need changing (me being a Tau player), and they are interceptor and supporting fire. Interceptor, more specifically early warning override, just needs a pt increase, depending on the suit. I figured with a 10-25 pt range upgrade, instead of a 5 pt upgrade, would fix alot of the problems people have been facing with their reserves. Taking it away is not necessary. Supporting fire can be changed in a number of ways: 1- Any unit, except the unit being charged, that fires into the charging unit cannot fire until the opponent's next turn. 2- the number of units helping out the unit is reduced to 1 or 2, with maybe an increased range for supporting fire itself. 3- units fire, and they have a reduced BS the next turn. 4- Change the rules on overwatch altogether.

Eldar: Right out of the gate here, bladestorm needs changed. Either extra hits on a 6, extra wounds on a 6, reroll failed hits or wounds on 1, or if the AP should increase, AP 4, 3 max (but that's pushing it) NOT AP 2. Windriders: Move to Fast Attack, every 3 models you get 1 scatter laser, and armor save of 5+ (where do they get 3+ armor). Strength D weapons only on the Wraith Knight (with ghost cannons a 100 pt upgrade), and go back to the old distort rules for wraithguard. I have more on Eldar, but let's move on.

Dark Eldar: More movement than Eldar, have battle focus like Eldar, have wyches ignore cover movement like howling banshees which are part of Eldar. Vehicle squadrons, and rules for vect (sorry, I know they won't do this in FAQs, but one can hope, right).

That's just some of things on hoping happens. I won't be too hopeful, but you never know. Any hopes you have for future FAQs?

It's also a hammer
11-06-2016, 16:54
Hopefully BA can take grav canons in devastator squads and tactical squads.

Ironbone
11-06-2016, 18:06
Any hopes you have for future FAQs?
Slim at best. Games workshop have very poor history about correting even most broken rules/powers/units via FAQ. The only instance in their history ( at least, history I know ) when they actually rethink point values of several units, because what they printed in book was bs, was with 6th ed Dark Eves for WFB, somwhere around 2001 :shifty: .

Herkamer63
12-06-2016, 01:49
Slim at best. Games workshop have very poor history about correting even most broken rules/powers/units via FAQ. The only instance in their history ( at least, history I know ) when they actually rethink point values of several units, because what they printed in book was bs, was with 6th ed Dark Eves for WFB, somwhere around 2001 :shifty: .

I was just thinking about it today: We can have all the FAQs we want, but I don't think they will ultimately solve the problem. It could be time for 40k 7.5 and give everyone a .5 codex, assuming problems persist. If no .5,then through a 2nd round of updates, change stuff. But since all the FAQs are not done yet, we'll have to wait and see (with me still being hopeful to a degree).

Charistoph
12-06-2016, 04:19
Realistically, FAQs are not needed, Erratas and Amendments are needed if they expect some of these FAQ rulings to work. Also, due to poor codex management, the Chaos Marines, Khorne Daemonkin, Space Wolves Codex, and Blood Angels codex need updates made in Codex Marines, just like Templars and Dark Angels received after 5th Edition Codex Marines were released.

Other major changes listed like in the OP will not happen without a fundamental edition change ala 6th Edition. Pricing adjustment has rarely happened and either released after a similar update as noted for Black Templars Assault Marines, or right after release like the Chaos Marine Hellbrute.

And to be fair, changes like in the OP really deserve their own codex updates more than an errata.

Kakapo42
12-06-2016, 06:16
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

However, one thing I really would like to see fixed is Skyrays as part of a Hunter Cadre formation. Leaving them out as an option for that really seems bizzare to me, since they're just about the only non-auxiliary Tau unit I can think of that isn't an option for that formation. You can take Devilfish and Hammerheads as part of one, but not a Skyray? Really?

Ironbone
12-06-2016, 22:10
Pricing adjustment has rarely happened
More like "almost never" :shifty: .

either released after a similar update as noted for Black Templars Assault Marines
Wich took GW like, almost 2 years to make ?

or right after release like the Chaos Marine Hellbrute.
Wich was more a correcting of printing error than intended change for balance.

WLBjork
15-06-2016, 05:09
Windriders: Move to Fast Attack, every 3 models you get 1 scatter laser, and armor save of 5+ (where do they get 3+ armor)

Eldar jetbikes get their 3+ save from that enormous Wraithbone canopy on the front of the vehicle (in 2nd this gave AV12 instead of the more common AV10).

totgeboren
15-06-2016, 07:51
A toning down of Bladestorm is something I hope they do, and they could even phrase it almost like a faq. Just have the AP2 trigger on rolls of 6 To Hit, not To Wound.
This would be a slight nerf against heavy infantry, and a massive nerf against enemy MCs. It's simply not fun that basic squad of Dire Avenger will take down Carnifex in one round without breaking a sweat even.
Their current rule combines the effect of Poison and low AP, meaning they are much too efficient against too many targets.

Abbadonsrighthand
15-06-2016, 09:49
Veterans of the long war gets changed to work vs all forces of the imperium
They remove the silly on the roll of a 1 you suffer a wound from daemon weapons
They change the black legion warband to allow cult troops to be taken in place of regular csm

Daenerys Targaryen
17-06-2016, 03:39
Hopefully if they do a Codex: Daemons FAQ, they 'fix' the Daemon of Tzeentch, since the psychic half of it does absolutely nothing anymore... +3Ld to Perils of the Warp tests is all they need to clarify, at least until they maybe get around to a full codex re-do. (which probably won't happen until after the Loafs win the Cup 5 years strait!:P)

Also would be nice if they could clarify that Daemons can now roll ALL of their powers from their own God's lore, since the dead tree version of the CotW update "forgot" to include that bit... (which apparently the e-book version does clarify)

Saunders
17-06-2016, 05:11
Their current rule combines the effect of Poison and low AP, meaning they are much too efficient against too many targets.

The word you would be looking for is 'rending'.

Tarrell
17-06-2016, 07:58
Honestly 40k at this current time and codex/ rules is a mess.
As far as rules go we need path, something like AoS Meets LoTR, There are way to many rules even WF8 players like myself are confused.
Clearly DE coped the nerf hate and Eldar got the OP love,
Same with chaos and space marines.
I would be pretty stoked if GW went the virtual codex path, where they could continually adjust rules.
I know I love my paperback but once printed we're left out from important changes over years at a time.
Play cards would also work well for working out cads and chapters.