PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Old Custom Chapter

Algalon
12-06-2016, 05:53
As I am not exactly aware of where I should place this thread I decided general would be most fitting. So here goes what I've written. Your opinions would be appreciated.

Chapter Name : Knights of Old
Founding : 300-400.M33
Chapter's Progenitor : Iron Hands
Homeworld : Raakata, Subsector : Heathen Stars, Sector : Koronus, Segmentum : None
Fortress-Monastery : Citadel of Time
Chapter Strength : Over 1000
Combat Doctorine : Ranged Combat, Siege, Armoured Assault
Chapter Organisation : Codex Divergent
Chapter Master (Lord Exemplar) : Algalon
Colours : Silver, dark blue/grey, bronze/copper and white
Battle Cry : "Your time is up!"

The Knights of Old were founded in the closing first half of millenium 33. The main reason for their founding was strategic prognostication. The first and current Chapter Master is Algalon, a techmarine seconded from the Iron Hands chapter that provided the new chapter's gene-seed. Originally the chapter was structured according to the Codex Astartes but after the "War of the Shifting Sands" it became codex divergent.

The chapter has no techmarines, besides Algalon, but employs techpriests and a Magos as their Master of the Forge. This is due to having very good relations with the Adeptus Mechanicus, being an Iron Hands decended chapter and Algalon himself having a keen interest in old artifacts and technologies. Another contributing factor is the various relics that can be found on the chapter's homeworld, Raakata. The main and foremost reason of having techpriests is because unlike other chapters the Knight of Old use old pattern armours and weaponary such as the Space Marine Mk. IV power armour, Cataphractii Terminator armour and even Contemptor Dreadnough armour! The techpriests indoctrinated into the chapter are taught how to make these various old pattern gear. The techpriest themselves are treated like battle-brothers by their Space Marine counter parts, truely showing how close of a relationship both the Knights of Old and the Adeptus Mechanicus have.

The chapter has no Librarium due to the events of the "War of the Shifting Sands" which caused a deep distrust and hatred towards Librarians and other members assocciated with the Librarium. The chapter is divided into 9 Orders, all being battle companies composed of 9 Space Marine squads, 3 Terminator squads, 3 Contemptor Dreadnoughts, 1 Apothicary and 1 Chaplain acting as the Order's captain. These orders are usually supported by Vindicator Tanks and Rhinos. There is no scout, or Squire as they are called within the chapter. Squires don't take part in combat but instead stay on the chapter's homeworld till the need arises to promote them to Knights, in other words the first Space Marine rank, to replace any lost casualties within the Orders. There is an unknown number of Squires on the chapter's homeworld but it is estimated to be around 250.

Timeline

731.M33 - Iron Shield Campaign. The Knights of Old are sent to the world to Raakata on which they were to set up a defence against a Chaos Warband heading towards a hive world in the sector. The conflict lasted several months before Chaos forces withdrew due to heavy casualties. During this time the chapter discovered long abandoned hive cities within which many ancient artifacts and technologies resided, long lost since the Dark Age of Technology which caught the attention of Algalon. Later that year, Algalon declares Raakata the chapter's homeworld. Construction of the Citadel of Time begin.

985.M33 - Citadel of Time is completed.

001.M34 - Participation against the 4th Black Crusade.

574.M35 - War of the Shifting Sands. The majority of the Librarium along with 2 Battle-Companies and a portion of the Devestator Company defect from the Imperium. This occured due to Master Librarian Calphayus becoming power hungry with the various artifacts and relics stored on the chapter's homeworld. He proceeds to steal several and then turn against his battle brothers in an attempt to overthrow Algalon seeing him unfit to rule as he refused to use these artifacts and instead only studied them and recorded data on them. The Rebellion is quicky eradicated along with the help of the Knights of Old's parent chapter, the Iron Hands. All traitors are obliterated, a deep hatred for Librarians is born within the chapter due to this betrayal. The remaining loyal Librarium members are honourably executed and given proper burial, these brothers came to be known as "The Faithful".

575.M35 - "The Act of Hour's Past" is passed and reforms are made within the chapter to what it is known to be today. Chapter becomes Codex divergent.

398.M36 - 2nd Iron Shield Campaign. Another Chaos Warband enters the Sector with presumeably the same intentions yet there is no confirmation of this being the case. This time the Chaos forces are completely overwhelmed by the sheer fire power of the reformed Knights of Old chapter and the use of several old technologies. During this conflict Algalon comes into combat with a daemon prince, in the insueing battle Algalon slays the daemon with a chargered blast from his Volkite Charger and then proceeding to stick a prototype grenade into the daemons open wound, slaying the beast.

811.M37 - Partcipation against the 7th Black Crusade.

999.M37 - Partcipation against the 8th Black Crusade.

537.M38 - Partcipation against the 9th Black Crusade.

738.M39 - The Order of the Withering Flower leads a counter-offensive against the Orks whom were pilaging the Segmentum Obscurus and heading for the Forgeworld of Lucius. The Order suffered minimal loses thanks to the use of the ancient relic weapon known as "The Silencer" which made quick work of the invading Ork fleet.

139.M41 - Partcipation against the 12th Black Crusade.

Knights of Old Chapter Structure

-Chapter Master-
Algalon, The Pure

-Apothercarion-
Chief Apothecary
7 Apothicaries
4 Initiates
24 Servo-meds

-Armory-
Magos
45 Techpriests
68 Servitors
43 Techno-mats
12 Rhinos
19 Vindicators
7 Predator Annihilators
4 Whirlwinds
7 Land Raiders (variant)
7 Hellkite Assualt Carriers

-Reclusiam-
Master of Sanctity
3 Reclusiarch
6 Chaplains

-Logisticiam-
180 Non Space Marine support and administrative staff

-Fleet Command-
Master of the Fleet
36 Pilots, Gunnery Officers & Command Crews
14 Navigators
3800 Fleet Auxillia

2 Battle Barges (Requim, Mortuus est Pax)
6 Strike Cruisers
4 Gladuis-class Frigates
4 Sword-class Frigates
2 Firestorm-class Frigates
2 Cobra-class Destroyers
18 Thunderhawk Gunships
5 Thunderhawk Transporters

-Order of the Black Hand-
Algalon
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Veteran Space Marines
3 Contemptor Dreadnoughts
9 Rhinos
3 Land Raider Phobos
6 Vindicator Tanks

-Order of the Shattred Sword-
1 Chaplain (Captain)
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Space Marines
10 Rhinos
6 Vindicators Tanks

-Order of the Golden Chalice-
1 Chaplain (Captain)
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Space Marines
10 Rhinos
6 Vindicators Tanks

-Order of the Tilted Hourglass-
1 Chaplain (Captain)
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Space Marines
10 Rhinos
6 Vindicators Tanks

-Order of the Broken Heart-
1 Chaplain (Captain)
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Space Marines
10 Rhinos
6 Vindicators Tanks

-Order of the Sacred Tomb-
1 Chaplain (Captain)
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Space Marines
10 Rhinos
6 Vindicators Tanks

-Order of the Withering Flower-
1 Chaplain (Captain)
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Space Marines
10 Rhinos
6 Vindicators Tanks

-Order of the Iron Fist-
1 Chaplain (Captain)
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Space Marines
10 Rhinos
6 Vindicators Tanks

-Order of the Hooded Knight-
1 Chaplain (Captain)
1 Apothecary
15 Terminators
90 Space Marines
10 Rhinos
6 Vindicators Tanks

#Ranking#
-Lord Exemplar (Chapter Master)

[Order of the Black Hand]
-Praetor-Champion
-Praetor-Captain
-Praetor-Lieutenant
-Praetor

[Other Orders]
-Knight-Exemplar
-Knight-Champion
-Knight-Captain
-Knight-Lieutenant
-Knight

[Enlisted]
-Squire

P.S
Contrary to porbably most of your beliefs I named this account Algalon after my Chapter Master and not vice-versa. I'm also thinking of writing Algalon's lore yet not anytime soon as I'll be busy painting my army. Oh! I'll also update this thread with a picture of a Knights of Old Space Marine once I complete one (sometime within the next few days, I have several things to sort out before I can start painting unfortunetly).

stroller
12-06-2016, 07:29
It's your chapter - do as you please. One thought. That strikes me as a lot of thunderhawks....

Algalon
12-06-2016, 08:06
It's your chapter - do as you please. One thought. That strikes me as a lot of thunderhawks....
I do agree that is abit, I just took the number off the Azure Blades chapter structure if I remember correctly off the top of my head.