PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys get your news and rumours?

Smooth Boy
26-06-2016, 06:07
Obviously Warseer has a rumour section and they are pretty good at being the first to break stories but I don't really have time to search through these, sometimes 100 page, threads to find info. Since the roundup section appears to be somewhat mothballed I was using Bell of Lost Souls in an IGN fashion, ie. I use them for news on the newest releases but have no respect for their opinions. I'm finally getting sick of their click bait antics however, and their attempt to monetise the few aspects of the 'hobby' that had been left untouched. So to stop this turning into a rant I wanted to know where you guys get your 40K/Fantasy/AoS/general wargaming news from?

Cheers

MajorWesJanson
26-06-2016, 07:27
Mainly here and Dakkadakka. Here tends to get news either first or shortly after, and Dakka is less reticent about pictures and rules (and pictures of rules).

Faeit is a junkpile of speculation, clickbait, misquotes, and random sources. BolS used to be better, but now tends to be about a day behind, and make clickbait articles out of every little rumor, or split big events like Open Days into 12 different topics to get more page views. Bolter and Chainsword isn't bad, but tends to be a lot smaller community, so slower on news and less discussion of it.

Scammel
26-06-2016, 08:29
SadPanda and Hastings are the only two people worth listening to. Other folks happen upon titbits from time to time, and their reports are often then corroborated by either of the two.

El Torro
26-06-2016, 12:26
I tend to just check Faeit and BOLS. I don't check BOLS very often as I find all the worthwhile rumours are on Faeit anyway and BOLS has more dross (i.e. click bait).

Checking Warseer and dakkadakka gets quicker and generally more reliable results. I tend not to do that as I don't like scrolling through all the comments to get to the actual rumours.

Tygre
26-06-2016, 12:49
Lady Atia's blog is quite good
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

TheEmperorsTarot
01-07-2016, 05:11
Here and DakkaDakka.

BoLS used to be good, now they're nothing but shills.

Faeit is alright if you can filter out the wild speculation from the real thing.

My blog is terrible, I usually only find out about stuff weeks later.

Latro_
01-07-2016, 10:17
Yea i tend to keep an eye on here an dakka now.

BOLs is just a media company now churning out poorly written garbage for ad revenue.

Tokamak
04-07-2016, 11:08
Lady Atia's blog is quite good
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

That's where most rumours are coming from nowadays yeah.

Promethius
04-07-2016, 22:29
Portent used to be good but dakkadakka seems the best nowadays. Belloflostsouls has become increasingly frustrating with click bait articles. I don't really trust anything til I have seen pictures.

de Selby
04-07-2016, 23:24
I find the DakkaDakka N&R forum the best. Similar to here, you have to keep an eye on the top threads to see the latest stuff that's come out (often from Lady Atia's blog at the moment, as others have said). Where Dakka has the advantage is they put rumours for all systems in a single forum, so there's always something interesting to see and it's a 'one stop shop'.

Flame Boy
05-07-2016, 20:13
Warseer's pretty good for news and rumours but it can be hard to find the rumours among the excessive discussion of people's collective salt intake. :p That is only a minor quirk though.

veterannoob
05-07-2016, 21:25
Lady Atia's blog or Faeit or Dakka.

williamsond
05-07-2016, 21:56
I used to have people in the know, but they have long since moved on to new companies. I do know a few folk in the industry still though so I tend to get told stuff every now and again.

Elbows of Death
06-07-2016, 22:29
Most of my info comes from the Lead Adventure Forum in their singular GW thread...most people point out the upcoming stuff. Not in heavy 40K detail though. I suppose that would be when I occasionally listen to the Preferred Enemies podcast.