PDA

View Full Version : New Army Help

Imperial Stormtrooper
11-07-2006, 21:06
ive decided to start my second 40k army, Witch Hunters..

and i would like to know, what should i get first and/or what advice can you give me?

Ice_Reaver
11-07-2006, 21:48
ive decided to start my second 40k army, Witch Hunters..

and i would like to know, what should i get first and/or what advice can you give me?

well in most cases you need to start with the things you will be required to take. and thats 2 troop units. so as your thumbing through the codex and your in the troop section and you find 2 units that you definately will be using to fill the troop slot, is what you should buy first, then as you make your army list buy everything else thats in the list. also be prepared to spend alot of money on witch hunters because they are an all metal army. and they share the same similiarities of space marines, just to give you an idea of what they're about if you've ever played with or against space marines.

Overlord Krycis
11-07-2006, 22:57
Check out the Witchhunters tactica in the Tactics forum...it might help you to choose.
Find it HERE (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151)

Chem-Dog
11-07-2006, 23:02
Also, you should decide which one of the many different armies available from the WH Codex you are going to do, Stormtroopers and Inquisitors only, Pure SoB force or a Combined force with IG.

Imperial Stormtrooper
12-07-2006, 00:11
i decided to do a pure SoB force.

Sir_Lunchalot
12-07-2006, 09:58
pure SoB? well two boxes of Sisters, and a canoness will get you the bare minimum required. after that it really depends on your style of play. if you want a longer range army, fill up your heavy support with exorcists and heavy bolter retributors. If you want a fast mobile army, buy rhinos for those sister units, and grab some seraphim. and special weapons for dominion squads. Either way, give a veteran superior to every unit that can take one. One of the biggest advantages of a siters army (aside from BS4 bolters and power armor) is faith points. Get every faith point you can, they're worth it.

Inq. Veltane
12-07-2006, 12:11
Yep, if you're doing Pure Sisters you really need to start with a large batch of Sisters. At least two squad boxes, then extra Heavy Flamers (etc.) Maybe some Seraphim. It all depends on how much you intend to get in one go... But two boxes of Sisters, a box of Seraphim and a Canoness is generally accepted as a good starting place...